Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential Prospects (?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiBears4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Potential Prospects (?) Reply with quote

I'm an alumni of NIU. I don't hear Jordan Lynch being mentioned as a possible pick in the draft. I like the way he as performed so far (last year and against Iowa). Am I over rating him or is everyone else missing the boat.

A friend has been raving about OLB Khalil Mack. I watched the Buffalo vs OSU game. I don't see it. He seems to have great athletic ability but kept getting lost. What am I missing here?

Thank you,.
Badger75

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MAC in general, and NIU in particular is becoming known for quality football players. Ryan Diem was an anchor for Peyton Mannings Indy O line.
Michael Turner has been a mainstay in SD and now the Falcons as a RB.
Larry English looks promising as a LB in SD.

The Bears should keep an eye on Lynch.
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
The MAC in general, and NIU in particular is becoming known for quality football players. Ryan Diem was an anchor for Peyton Mannings Indy O line.

Yes Diem was good when he played. Turner was very good for ATL, albiet overused (and is no longer on any team) and English has been a bust so far in SD, so I dont know why you think he looks promising.

But yes, the MAC has had some very good talent in the league (hello Ben Roethlisburger), just on a smaller scale than other conferences.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Yes Diem was good when he played. Turner was very good for ATL, albiet overused (and is no longer on any team) and English has been a bust so far in SD, so I dont know why you think he looks promising.

But yes, the MAC has had some very good talent in the league (hello Ben Roethlisburger), just on a smaller scale than other conferences.

Doug Free also had a couple good years as Dallas's LT. Not so much anymore, however.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
mikee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Potential Prospects (?) Reply with quote

MiBears4 wrote:
I'm an alumni of NIU. I don't hear Jordan Lynch being mentioned as a possible pick in the draft. I like the way he as performed so far (last year and against Iowa). Am I over rating him or is everyone else missing the boat.

A friend has been raving about OLB Khalil Mack. I watched the Buffalo vs OSU game. I don't see it. He seems to have great athletic ability but kept getting lost. What am I missing here?

Thank you,.

Lynch is small and he is not an accurate enough passer.

And regarding Mack, I don't know what game you were watching but Mack was absolutely dominant in that game. Not only did he never get lost in that game, but he was the best player on the field from either team. Mack is going to be drafted in the top half of the first round.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one thing is for sure…if Emery is true to his word about wanting big physical athletes who can win one on one and score any time they touch the ball then he is going to have a scout on the Oregon campus all year round…on that offence they have two OTs who are as big and as athletic as Kyle Long in Tyler Johnstone & Jake Fisher…a centre Hroniss Grasu who is another great athlete for the position…at the skill position you have a jumbo receiver at TE in Colt Lyerla…a speedy future slot in Josh Huff…a guy to keep in mind for the future in Bralon Addison and the jewel of the crown De'Anthony Thomas…it could quickly become a feeder team for us on offence.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I think one thing is for sure…if Emery is true to his word about wanting big physical athletes who can win one on one and score any time they touch the ball then he is going to have a scout on the Oregon campus all year round…on that offence they have two OTs who are as big and as athletic as Kyle Long in Tyler Johnstone & Jake Fisher…a centre Hroniss Grasu who is another great athlete for the position…at the skill position you have a jumbo receiver at TE in Colt Lyerla…a speedy future slot in Josh Huff…a guy to keep in mind for the future in Bralon Addison and the jewel of the crown De'Anthony Thomas…it could quickly become a feeder team for us on offence.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And that's not even mentioning some of the Defensive guys I surely see fit the Emery mold like Taylor Hart and Terrance Mitchell in particular. On the offensive side though, I've said it in another thread. I played HS football 50 miles from where Urlacher did in Lovington NM, I used to watch him when he was a QB than onto UNM where he played the "lobo" under Rocky Long. Coming out of Hillsboro HS in Oregon, I've NEVER seen a prospect who so closely resembles another player in my life than Colt Lyerla does to Brian Urlacher. It's actually pretty scary, I encourage you to go pull some film on both in there HS days. I know its a funny comparison as they don't play the same position but the athletic ability from Lyerla is second to none, reminded me EXACTLY of Brian Urlacher, I mean jumping onto a 62" box from a standing position? Just unreal. I expect Emery to be higher on Lyerla next season than he was rumored to be on Eifert/Ertz this past season.... It'll be really interesting to see if Fisher/Johnstone declare, because I think both eerily resemble Kyle Long like you said. The quickness, tenacity, all is extremely similar.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least he's not another pool jumper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5aahgFgJiY
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:

I can say for certainty that is not Colt Lyerla...

http://youtu.be/gk0CxGPdxvo

DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:

Ommm what? I don't know who you are watching but it ain't English.

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
28 att for 130 yards 4.6avg. HALL OF FAME!
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Didn't think it was but didn't know if it was from a while ago. And that wasn't a standing box jump which is what I was looking for when you said that.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Didn't think it was but didn't know if it was from a while ago. And that wasn't a standing box jump which is what I was looking for when you said that.

Lol your splitting hairs, he maybe took one or two steps. Regardless, 62 inches is 62 inches I mean lets be real here. He had barely any momentum at all before the jump, it's not like that aided him a whole lot.

blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess splitting hairs is the difference between a World Record then since the WR for a standing box jump is 59.5".
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
I guess splitting hairs is the difference between a World Record then since the WR for a standing box jump is 59.5".

Ok ill correct myself. Colt Lyerla has a two step, no momentum, box jump of 62 inches. Feel better now? Laughing

blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink actually yes it keeps him further away from pool jumper. J/K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: