Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgewater is the best passer as of right now BUT Tajh Boyd is much more polished as goes for decision-making. Clemson's offensive coordinator complained that Boyd slowed the offense but you want your quarterback to be able to do that, especially in a big game like vs Georgia. I don't think athleticism even includes when comparing (at least not for me) but Tajh Boyd possess NFL-quality intangibles that many quarterbacks doesn't have. Slide when a defender is coming, pocket awarness, move around but stay in stance as you are ready to throw... I like the competition betwen Boyd and Bridgewater because I do suspect the ranking and prospects will be closer to Luck/Griffin caliber rather than Bradford/Clausen.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Bridgewater is the best passer as of right now BUT Tajh Boyd is much more polished as goes for decision-making. Clemson's offensive coordinator complained that Boyd slowed the offense but you want your quarterback to be able to do that, especially in a big game like vs Georgia. I don't think athleticism even includes when comparing (at least not for me) but Tajh Boyd possess NFL-quality intangibles that many quarterbacks doesn't have. Slide when a defender is coming, pocket awarness, move around but stay in stance as you are ready to throw... I like the competition betwen Boyd and Bridgewater because I do suspect the ranking and prospects will be closer to Luck/Griffin caliber rather than Bradford/Clausen.

Good write up, I would say they are in between, Luck/ Griffin were on a different level. These guy aren't near that.

...you have a forum resume?
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

Good write up, I would say they are in between, Luck/ Griffin were on a different level. These guy aren't near that.
I'd agree with that. Luck/Griffin were two of those once in a generation type qbs that you rarely see in a draft together.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

I'd agree with that. Luck/Griffin were two of those once in a generation type qbs that you rarely see in a draft together.

Or alone for that matter.

DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
jebrick wrote:
I think it will be between OT and WR. Sanders is playing for a

We've done just fine not going WR higher than 3rd since Holmes so I don't see any way we change that.

We have gotten good weapons...not great ones.

I agree WR very likely wont be the pick, but if we had a chance at a quality big target (WR or TE) or just a great all around value pick at WR where we are, I wouldnt be against and wouldnt be shocked to see it. In an offensive league, the more weapons, the better.

I dont know the draft classes incredibly well yet, but if I had to guess, I would say that OT or DB (S or CB) will be the first round pick, or at the very least our top two needs.

Too hard to say anything at this point.

I agree....If we pick in the top 25 we should pick this guy

Game Changer

But atlast..I have us winning 12 games..thats right..i said it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
Sanders will absolutely not be back not bc he isn't talented but he'll get something like 5 years/30M and we can't give him that. Watch NE again as a possible destination.

Good to see youre back to make more baseless comments.

Sanders is plenty talented. He isnt going to ever be elite but he is more than capable of being a quality number 2 or a very good slot guy.

Im sure if Sanders isnt good this year, youll be back to praise yourself. And if youre wrong, yet again, youll just disappear.

I don't think you read his post correctly

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
jebrick wrote:

We've done just fine not going WR higher than 3rd since Holmes so I don't see any way we change that.

I agree WR very likely wont be the pick, but if we had a chance at a quality big target (WR or TE) or just a great all around value pick at WR where we are, I wouldnt be against and wouldnt be shocked to see it. In an offensive league, the more weapons, the better.

I dont know the draft classes incredibly well yet, but if I had to guess, I would say that OT or DB (S or CB) will be the first round pick, or at the very least our top two needs.

Game Changer

I know we all think of ASJ as a freak but too often he disappoints. So did that whole team last year especially Keith Price. Despite all of ASJ potential I have downgraded my original perceptions which is that he was a potential top 10 type pick. This will be a very telling draft eligible year as that talented offensive team has a lot of work to do. The most impressive of Washington's team last year was Kasen Williams.

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Game Changer

I know we all think of ASJ as a freak but too often he disappoints. So did that whole team last year especially Keith Price. Despite all of ASJ potential I have downgraded my original perceptions which is that he was a potential top 10 type pick. This will be a very telling senior year as that talented offensive team has a lot of work to do. The most impressive of Washington's team last year was Kasen Williams.

Good point..Keith Price and ASJ did decline last year..they are looking crisp so far..gotta keep an eye on them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: