Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
1st round disappoint Morgan

Not going to touch on the rest in the hopes that you will be unpleasantly surprised with what you see in a week, but had to hit on this. There aren't many Titans fans that are disappointed in Derrick Morgan. Tore his ACL as a rookie, had the same struggles most players do coming off of a torn ACL, and got better and better as the year went on last season. Sack numbers weren't great, but he generated plenty of pressure.

And be prepared to find out who Jurrell Casey is.
I gotta say I agree with this, especially given how poor the Steelers OL looked at times.

Morgan should be completely confident in that knee and recovered from the ACL injury as a rookie which then set back his development as a player.

Casey is also young and underrated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyWallace wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Titans are horrible, especially Locker they'll be lucky to win 5 games. I definitely think the steelers should win the game.

Contain Chris Johnson and they win

24-13 Steelers

Your game analysis is outstanding, I'm surprised you haven't been called by CBS yet. To say we'd be "lucky" to win 5 games is essentially saying we're a 2-3 win team with luck, which would put us in Raiders, Jags, Jets territory and that's nonsense. It's border line hilarity that anyone should even be calling any team in the league besides those three horrible before we've even played one game in the regular season. Jake Locker may not be a game breaker or a proven commodity in the NFL yet but you're highly undervaluing the rest of our offense and football club as a whole. Clearly your peers here understand and acknowledge our deep and potentially very scary WR group, as well as our presumably dominant offensive line should we avoid injury. This WILL be a competitive game whether you want to admit it or not. I actually respect the Steelers a lot and view this as a very difficult game, especially for Jake coming into Pittsburgh for his first meeting with LeBeau, but you have more to worry about than containing Johnson and should you succeed, that is not the only key to victory. That's all I'll say, good luck and no injuries.
Who cares?

I wasn't really analyzing the game or doing analysis, just stating my opinion on who will win.

Call me when you win more than 5 and I'll apologize. I'm entitled to my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I haven't seen anything from the Steelers 1st team that gives me confidence they can beat anybody. They've looked inconsistent and darn right terrible at times. Hopefully they're just shaking off the rust. FWIW: I have more confidence in the Def that the Off. If I had to pick, it would be the Defense that carries them to victory.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Personally, I haven't seen anything from the Steelers 1st team that gives me confidence they can beat anybody. They've looked inconsistent and darn right terrible at times. Hopefully they're just shaking off the rust. FWIW: I have more confidence in the Def that the Off. If I had to pick, it would be the Defense that carries them to victory.
Wasn't most of that from the reserves though?

I don't think the Steelers starters have looked too horrible and they haven't had Redman, Jarvis Jones, Bell or Allen the last few weeks of the preseason.

Ben just makes such a huge difference with the offense as do Antonio Brown and Sanders vs the young wrs and back up qbs. Same goes for the starting DBs vs the back up DBs.

The team is very, very young beyond their starters and even some of the starters who have game experience are also young.

If Ben plays a whole game throwing to Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and Wheaton and handing the ball to Redman and Stephens-Howling for a change of pace, I think the offense looks 1000 times better than what you saw the last few weeks of the preseason.

I'm not concerned about the defense at all. The steelers #1s can play with anyone in the league on D

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
MeanJoeGreen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are we doing in the running game? redman and felix get most of the carries with stephens-howling thrown in?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the official gameday thread? Looks different.

I think we match up pretty well against Tennessee, allthough I expect them to surprise a lot of people this year.

Really, if we keep the mistakes to a minimum and pressure Locker, I think we got this game.

oh, and we gotta stop Justin Hunter. He's a beast.

Prediction:

Steelers 24
Titans 13

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeanJoeGreen wrote:
what are we doing in the running game? redman and felix get most of the carries with stephens-howling thrown in?
I would hope we see a heavy dose of Redman, with Stephens-Howling sprinkled in for a change of pace and on 3rd downs. I wouldn't expect too much out of Felix Jones just yet, but for special teams play.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Is this the official gameday thread? Looks different.

I think we match up pretty well against Tennessee, allthough I expect them to surprise a lot of people this year.

Really, if we keep the mistakes to a minimum and pressure Locker, I think we got this game.

Prediction:

Steelers 24
Titans 13
I don't think this is the "official" thread.

Just Hunter ain't never been hit before the way he's about to get hit by Clark & Troy, they'll slow him down.
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the right adjective to use might be, but I do know Casey and Morgan are damn fine players. Morgan especially could break into the top 10 to 15 range of 43 ends.

I'll always be a Pollard fan simply for his fine work involving the Patriots.

If Britts knee has been rested up and he's running full speed this games a 50/50 proposition IMO.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

Because being a beast in college means youll be one in the NFL right?

I was and actually still am a big Justin Hunter fan, but please quit acting like he has shown anything to this point. He had 3 catches for 17 yards in the first 3 preseason games and then had 4/45/1TD in the final game playing with backups. I think he will be good down the road, but at this point, we dont have to "stop him". I mean, the goal is to stop everyone, but your comment implies that we have to directly gameplan for him when we dont. Chris Johnson, Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, Nate Washington and even Damian Williams should scare you more than Hunter does AT THIS POINT.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always felt that if you're going to make a prediction, you should have fun with it and go big so.....

Pittsburgh: 35
Tennessee: 7

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Because being a beast in college means youll be one in the NFL right?

I was and actually still am a big Justin Hunter fan, but please quit acting like he has shown anything to this point. He had 3 catches for 17 yards in the first 3 preseason games and then had 4/45/1TD in the final game playing with backups. I think he will be good down the road, but at this point, we dont have to "stop him". I mean, the goal is to stop everyone, but your comment implies that we have to directly gameplan for him when we dont. Chris Johnson, Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, Nate Washington and even Damian Williams should scare you more than Hunter does AT THIS POINT.

Agreed. I love Justin Hunter but it's more likely than not that he barely sees the field.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our ST's and pass pro will at least keep the Titans in this game I fear. They both looked like they needed about 2 weeks worth of work at the end of preseason.

Thanks Lyasr 529
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DannyWallace wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Titans are horrible, especially Locker they'll be lucky to win 5 games. I definitely think the steelers should win the game.

Contain Chris Johnson and they win

24-13 Steelers

Your game analysis is outstanding, I'm surprised you haven't been called by CBS yet. To say we'd be "lucky" to win 5 games is essentially saying we're a 2-3 win team with luck, which would put us in Raiders, Jags, Jets territory and that's nonsense. It's border line hilarity that anyone should even be calling any team in the league besides those three horrible before we've even played one game in the regular season. Jake Locker may not be a game breaker or a proven commodity in the NFL yet but you're highly undervaluing the rest of our offense and football club as a whole. Clearly your peers here understand and acknowledge our deep and potentially very scary WR group, as well as our presumably dominant offensive line should we avoid injury. This WILL be a competitive game whether you want to admit it or not. I actually respect the Steelers a lot and view this as a very difficult game, especially for Jake coming into Pittsburgh for his first meeting with LeBeau, but you have more to worry about than containing Johnson and should you succeed, that is not the only key to victory. That's all I'll say, good luck and no injuries.
Who cares?

I wasn't really analyzing the game or doing analysis, just stating my opinion on who will win.

Call me when you win more than 5 and I'll apologize. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Will do.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, gentlemen. Hoping the Titans surprise you on Sunday, but Heinz is a tough place to come in and take a win.

And for fantasy reasons, I'll become a big Le'Veon Bell fan after Week 1 is over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: