Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks Practice Squad: WR Chris Harper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
He might be your 2nd best WR until you get Crabs and Manningham back...

lol, if he can fix his case of the dropsies. He's a major gamble right now, but high upside if he pans out.
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SERIOUSLY!?!?!

We have room for Bradford, Farwell, Morgan, Lotuleilei, Schofield all at LB but we dont retain Harper?

Im pissed about losing him, theres upside there. We don't need or will use this ridiculous amount of LB's we have. Harper could have helped us lower salary at WR in the future.

Dumb move by mgmnt.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
SERIOUSLY!?!?!

We have room for Bradford, Farwell, Morgan, Lotuleilei, Schofield all at LB but we dont retain Harper?

Im pissed about losing him, theres upside there. We don't need or will use this ridiculous amount of LB's we have. Harper could have helped us lower salary at WR in the future.

Dumb move by mgmnt.

Even if Harper panned out, I'd still want to look at WR early next year (Evans if he declares or Coleman). I wouldn't be happy with those drops in regular season games either. His drops were bad enough that gambling him on the PS was fine by me. Everyone has to find something to complain about it seems. Just hope he continues his pattern and drops a critical pass against us so you can laugh this situation away.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
He might be your 2nd best WR until you get Crabs and Manningham back...

He is not better than Quinton Patton or Kyle Williams. Chances are he won't even suit up all year. He's probably looked at as a h-back project, similar to Delanie Walker (also a college WR).
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're sorely underrating him as a WR. He dropped some passes in the preseason but he has great hands. He probably wont be a factor week 1, but get him somewhat acclimated and he has more talent than any of those other guys for sure.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing Harper sucks. Losing him to a division rival who may actually need him this season sucks even more.

It's not looking like this draft is going to be very productive for us. I know it's early but if we're talking purely about year 1 contributions we've got three guys on IR/PUP (Bowie, Simon and Williams), three on PS (Seymour, Smith and Powell) and only four that made the 53 (Ware, Michael, Willson and Hill).

Looks a little bit different than the past couple of drafts....
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
sirensong wrote:
SERIOUSLY!?!?!

Dumb move by mgmnt.

Even if Harper panned out, I'd still want to look at WR early next year (Evans if he declares or Coleman). I wouldn't be happy with those drops in regular season games either. His drops were bad enough that gambling him on the PS was fine by me. Everyone has to find something to complain about it seems. Just hope he continues his pattern and drops a critical pass against us so you can laugh this situation away.

I just dont understand the need to keep guys like Morgan and Bradford around. We cant use all these lb's and were giving up depth at other positions because of it.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I was very high on Harper and originally wanted us to retain him, it sucks even more that he went to the one team I hate. Hopefully we don't end up regretting this.
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loutelelei and Morgan could have easily been cut. Bradford deserved to be there. Give me Harper and cut Morgan any day of the week.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Loutelelei and Morgan could have easily been cut. Bradford deserved to be there. Give me Harper and cut Morgan any day of the week.

as a niner fan i'd love it if harper was legit, but he couldn't have been that good if he was placed on the practice squad. that too, being the 2nd highest pick to be waived in the entire 2013 draft (tyler wilson #1). seems like he wasn't practicing well either, dropping passes. i doubt this is a significant move for either team tbh, but its worth a try for a physically talented project.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Seahawks Practice Squad: Michael Brooks, Cooper Helfet, Ty Powell, Ryan Seymour, DeShawn Shead, Sealver Siliga, Jared Smith & Bryan Walters

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/374600159201873920
Tom Brady Tribute
imani

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like i said, it was definitely a competition at #3 TE. Both were allowed to pass through waivers and we retained Helfett

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Like i said, it was definitely a competition at #3 TE. Both were allowed to pass through waivers and we retained Helfett

Makes zero sense to me, McGrath is a far superior all around player than Helfet and much more what this team needs.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
imani wrote:

Makes zero sense to me, McGrath is a far superior all around player than Helfet and much more what this team needs.

McGrath is superior overall, but he's also a very poor man's Zach Miller. Pete must be confident in Miller's recovery path and perhaps we see more multi-WR sets, given how well Jermaine Kearse and Stephen Williams performed in pre-season as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: