Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week One GDT: New York Jets vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucs00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game.

Geno Smith looked really good. He was under a lot of pressure too, not to mention all the injuries on Jets offense. That last drive was really disgusting. How do you not stop rookie QB with 30 seconds left and no timeout?

Do you guys think Sanchez has played his last game as a Jet?

Jetsman82 wrote:
Not for nothing, but isn't Tampa a really good run defense team?

We'll probably look better as the year goes on. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yes, Bucs were number one last year and it was not even close. Every single RB had trouble against Bucs defense.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powell >>> Ivory. Yeah neither produced, but Ivory just doesn't have the vision or patience for this offense yet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:

Yes, Bucs were number one last year and it was not even close. Every single RB had trouble against Bucs defense.

That defense is scary now that Revis is there too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Bucs00 wrote:

Maybe,

but Banks is a rookie, and Gholston is a liability. The 49ers let him go because of that.

All in all I had a good feeling we were going to win. I love the front 7.

You will not run inside on us.

Hats off to Davis, that is a hustle never give up play, good to see from a young player who Rex has called a team leader. Give him the C ................
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Bucs00 wrote:

Maybe,

but Banks is a rookie, and Gholston is a liability. The 49ers let him go because of that.

Hats off to Davis, that is a hustle never give up play, good to see from a young player who Rex has called a team leader. Give him the C ................
Noooooo way hahahahahaha. They let him go because of the outstanding safety draft class and he wanted way too much money.

[]_[] Family
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Bucs00 wrote:

Maybe,

Im assuming thats supposed to be Goldson

49rs let him walk because they couldn't afford to pay him and thought they could replace him with someone still good through the draft, his level of play is fine. I did think he came off as a dirty during our game though ... 3 big hits 3 injuries that we lucked out on not being worse.

That defense has some legit talent at all levels as we probably will see as the season goes on, we did get saved by the fact Freeman isn't an elite QB or our Offense would have had to press for more points.

No 1 Rated run defense last year which added Goldson, Revis and Banks in its secondary this year so yea they're a solid D
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The run game might get better once the OL gels together and gains more familiarity with one another. I hope that's sooner than later, we need to help Geno by giving him run support.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
jg6041

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job by Geno, very impressive. Also hats off to Folk lots of pressure and both came through. Nice win.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked:

Hill- made some nice catches. I think the kid just needs confidence.

Winslow Jr.- Nice security blanket. Will have a solid year for us but we need our own young talented TE.

Smith- started out shaky, but he's a rookie and learning a system 100% different than college. He is a hard worker, I expect him to struggle this year but I think no doubt he can be a Kaepernick type of player in a year or 2.

D-line: Thought all around they had a great game. I hope coples can get back and be in shape- then we will be really scary.

Disliked:

OL- Ducasse looked really bad. I think he let about half the hits on Geno just himself. I wish they would get Winters in there.

Cro- Played way too far off. He was bragging about his 1 on 1 skills but got schooled a few times (and on 3rd down). He's solid, but he's no Revis- even by a long shot.

Rushing- this goes with the OL. I cant blame the RB's here. Its a combination of a GREAT run defense and a bunch of new OL playing together. I almost died when Mangold was on the ground. I thought, #1 pick here we come!

Coaching: I thought everything was good except for Rex's time management. It was brutal to see all those seconds ticking off. Its 100% inexcusable. Image if we missed the 48 yard FG... everyone would be saying we would of had 14 seconds on the clock- enough to get 1 or even 2 more plays in.

Overall- win is a win. Both teams made mistakes, both teams had turnovers. I think if Geno continues to improve and with that defense we have the chance to be 8-8. Not bad for a rebuilding year. Next year, hopefully 9-7 or 10-6 and can sneak in as a wildcard. with the league now, your only as good as your QB. Lets hope he picks it up quickly.
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Liked:

Winslow Jr.- Nice security blanket. Will have a solid year for us but we need our own young talented TE.

Smith- started out shaky, but he's a rookie and learning a system 100% different than college. He is a hard worker, I expect him to struggle this year but I think no doubt he can be a Kaepernick type of player in a year or 2.

D-line: Thought all around they had a great game. I hope coples can get back and be in shape- then we will be really scary.

Disliked:

OL- Ducasse looked really bad. I think he let about half the hits on Geno just himself. I wish they would get Winters in there.

Cro- Played way too far off. He was bragging about his 1 on 1 skills but got schooled a few times (and on 3rd down). He's solid, but he's no Revis- even by a long shot.

Rushing- this goes with the OL. I cant blame the RB's here. Its a combination of a GREAT run defense and a bunch of new OL playing together. I almost died when Mangold was on the ground. I thought, #1 pick here we come!

Coaching: I thought everything was good except for Rex's time management. It was brutal to see all those seconds ticking off. Its 100% inexcusable. Image if we missed the 48 yard FG... everyone would be saying we would of had 14 seconds on the clock- enough to get 1 or even 2 more plays in.

Overall- win is a win. Both teams made mistakes, both teams had turnovers. I think if Geno continues to improve and with that defense we have the chance to be 8-8. Not bad for a rebuilding year. Next year, hopefully 9-7 or 10-6 and can sneak in as a wildcard. with the league now, your only as good as your QB. Lets hope he picks it up quickly.

Was Ducasse playing LG? because from what I remember I feel as though most of the hits that Geno took came from the right side ...

One for sure I know was on a blown blocking assignment where both backs and Austin Howard just let the pass rusher that Geno had just indicated to them have a free run at Geno

do believe 1 I remember on Ducasse not blocking Clayborne I believe untouched at Geno as well
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:
Liked:

Disliked:

Was Ducasse playing LG? because from what I remember I feel as though most of the hits that Geno took came from the right side ...

One for sure I know was on a blown blocking assignment where both backs and Austin Howard just let the pass rusher that Geno had just indicated to them have a free run at Geno

do believe 1 I remember on Ducasse not blocking Clayborne I believe untouched at Geno as well

Ducasse was playing LG.

Outside of Mangold, everyone on the line struggled. Ducasse was the worst.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Powell >>> Ivory. Yeah neither produced, but Ivory just doesn't have the vision or patience for this offense yet.

Hard to have patience when you are getting hit as soon as you get the ball

Props to El Ramster on the sig
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offense is really going to struggle against the Patriots.

[]_[] Family
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap count.

Quote:
D Davis LB 61 100%

D Landry SS 61 100%

D Harris LB 61 100%

A Cromartie CB 61 100%

D Milliner DB 61 100%

M Wilkerson DE 59 97%

S Richardson DT 58 95%

C Pace LB 52 85%

A Allen DB 45 74%

G McIntyre LB 34 56%

D Harrison NT 27 44%

A Barnes LB 27 44%

K Wilson CB 20 33%

K Ellis NT 12 20%

J Jarrett FS 9 15%

L Douzable DT 8 13%

I Trufant CB 7 11%

R Sapp LB 5 8%

J Bush SS 3 5%
Quote:
A Howard T 75 100%

V Ducasse G 75 100%

D Ferguson T 75 100%

W Colon G 75 100%

G Smith QB 75 100%

N Mangold C 73 97%

S Hill WR 71 95%

B Powell RB 47 63%

K Winslow TE 47 63%

S Holmes WR 44 59%

J Kerley WR 39 52%

T Bohanon FB 34 45%

C Gates WR 29 39%

J Cumberland TE 28 37%

C Ivory RB 24 32%

K Reuland TE 6 8%
Bianconero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

needs more Kerley.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31

Jump to: