Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week One GDT: New York Jets vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Week One GDT: New York Jets vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Reply with quote

VS

Main Storylines

Geno Smith's first NFL start - With Sanchez still nursing his injury, Geno Smith is expected to start. The 2013 2nd round pick is seen as raw, but talented. One can expect the gameplan to be simple with him. I don't think this game will come down to Geno Smith.

Darrelle Revis returns to New York - Revis doesn't have to wait long before he sees his old team. It will be his first game action in almost a year, but Revis is still an all-pro player. I can't imagine he's going to be thrown at much.

Rex Ryan's do or die season begins - This isn't the first time Rex has had his back against the wall in NY, but it might be the last. Rex typically puts together his best work in these situations, but you have to wonder if that's going to be enough this time. I think we all like him as a person, but that can only keep your job safe for so long.

Doug Martin is the player I'm watching the most on the Bucs. Speed at the RB position always hurts the Jets, and Martin has that to spare. If they keep Martin in check, I think they can win.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll get steamrolled here. Won't get a passing game going and they'll run all over us, Martin is quality.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested to see Cromartie and Milliner match up against Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams. This is one of the top WR combos in the NFL.
NewYorkJetsFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bucs win 24-13. Geno throws his first TD (to Winslow) and INT (to Revis) and the muscle hamster kills us on the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are overrating Tampa. Josh Freeman is good for 2 ints. If the Jets D is that good against the run they will stop Martin. This will be a very low scoring game Jets 10 Tampa 7. They will both try to run the ball which means the clock will run a long time. Jets win it at the end with a Folk FG of 42 yards.
Abe56

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets will win.

49 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 16 QB Hits, 10 Stuffs, 3 PD

Jets, Knicks, Buckeyes
Steve the Dream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about who wins the game, but I'm 99% sure Revis will have a pick because we're the Jets.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets will lose by 10, Doug Martins gonna run wild...but I think our increased athleticism and youth will show positive signs on defense, as for our O ithink Geno will preform ok but Revis should pick him off atleast once and Austin Howard will show he's not a competente RT

JMG on the sig
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I feel we hold Martin under control most of the game but the one time we fail to may lose us this game ....

But we hopefully will see a better then expected showing by Geno against a very talented defense.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Sadly I feel we hold Martin under control most of the game but the one time we fail to may lose us this game ....

But we hopefully will see a better then expected showing by Geno against a very talented defense.

Sadly, I expect the same. I think the Jets will score one touchdown, and will move the chains reasonably well for periods of the game. However, I also expect two turnovers by Geno, despite conservative playcalling. I'm thinking 16-10 Bucs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you guys that bad against the run? just out of curiosity
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
are you guys that bad against the run? just out of curiosity

We were bad last year, mainly on outside runs. Our defensive line is very good against the line, but our linebackers aren't.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to look at it closer tomorrow, but I think we actually match-up well here and have a shot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm entering this game with zero expectations. Really, it's difficult to have any. We shouldn't be expecting to be a playoff caliber team - but we can be anywhere between awful and better than expected depending on what we get from our offense. Our offense is full of unknowns right now and the preseason just created more questions rather than answering anything. And as is typical entering a season with a new offensive coordinator, you can never really fully trust what you've seen until he's calling games for real.

If I had to stick my neck out right now and make a prediction I would say we're going to suffer a hard-fought loss, classic Rex Ryan style. Our defensive does its part, keeping Tampa out of the end zone and forcing field goals, keeping the game close and technically winnable if not for an offense that struggles to score points. Our defense spends too much time on the field ultimately and gives up a touchdown that makes the game comfortable for Tampa towards the end of the game.

I'd love to be wrong though. Let's see what Geno Smith's got.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a tough game, we need our defense to play very well to have a chance. Not ready to make a prediction yet.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: