Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why are they compelled to wait around on Spaeth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Why are they compelled to wait around on Spaeth? Reply with quote

I just don't quite get this one. It's been taken for granted since it happened that this would be the case, but is his really someone they need to stress over?

Palmer is a good blocking TE himself, younger (25), and a bit cheaper. He also is a good special teams player. I know the Steelers aren't as familiar with him, but why not just IR/release Spaeth and be done with him? Having him for under half the season after a serious injury doesn't seem that useful.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You answered your own question.

Palmer is an unproven commodity. They know what they are getting with Spaeth.

If Palmer does well enough, they may just cut Spaeth.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't know if I consider Palmer unproven. He's played significant snaps three straight years for the Falcons, so there's film on him. He's also done his job when put on the field here. At the least, he's shown enough over three years that the difference in blocking that may exist (if any, really) between himself and Spaeth seems marginal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: