Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Velasco C/G from Tennesee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Velasco C/G from Tennesee Reply with quote

started all 16 games for them last year. 13 at C, 3 at LG.

Not saying he's good, but Titans fans seem pissed that he got let go... anyone know much? do we bring him in?

They invested heavily in the position between Levitre, Warmack, and Schwenke... does that mean Velasco was just caught in a numbers game... or was he so bad they needed to draft/sign three guys to fix him?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think (IIRC) he was an average player who got caught in a numbers game. I believe he would have been their 3rd center and was going to cost them $2.2MM this season to keep on the roster.

I mean, it wouldn't hurt to take a look but I do know part of his release was that he was "too nice".

^^^mack
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we straight claim him, it costs us $2m then, but if we wait and see, we might get him for vet min? I definitely do the latter. He seems more valuable than Costa at minimum.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
If we straight claim him, it costs us $2m then, but if we wait and see, we might get him for vet min? I definitely do the latter. He seems more valuable than Costa at minimum.

Wonder why we haven't made an attempt. Looks like the guy was a solid center, just a cost cutting move. They had a cheap vet replacement, and drafted Schwenke for the future. After signing Andry Levitre, and drafting Warmack, I think I could play center with those guys.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guessing Brian Waters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: