Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
I thought the dome was rockin today, don't know how it seemed on tv, but the place seemed loud. I still hate how people blame Bradford for pretty much everything, guess it just comes with the territory. I just hate how everyone expects him to be a Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees type just because he was the 1st overall pick. I couldn't stand people booing him when he threw that tipped pick 6. Sam had probably 3 or 4 bad throws the entire game and people still complain.

Best play of the game was when Arenas took it out of the endzone and got jacked by Ray-Ray at the seven. And was anyone else listening to the postgame show on the drive home? haha some chick called saying she didn't think Cook had a good game Laughing

And the stupid thing is that the tipped pick wasn't really his fault. Terrible play-call that put him in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

The options were:
1. Try to throw the ball over/around the DE
or
2. Take a sack or intentional grounding call for a safety

I would have taken Option #1 too.

Yeah I'd agree man.

"All he does is dink and dunk downfield, cant win in the nfl if your quarterback cant throw beyond 5 yards"

Oh I love Rams fans......clueless rams fans I should say.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
is it me or did Finny look terrible today?

Nah, he looked fine. The touchdown he gave up to Larry, I'm pretty sure he was supposed to have safety help.

He didn't look fine but he was supposed to have help on that play.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

Nah, he looked fine. The touchdown he gave up to Larry, I'm pretty sure he was supposed to have safety help.

He didn't look fine but he was supposed to have help on that play.

He didnt have his best game thats for sure, but he was flying around being aggressive. We all have days where the luck isnt in your favor, he'll bounce back.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I thought the dome was rockin today, don't know how it seemed on tv, but the place seemed loud. I still hate how people blame Bradford for pretty much everything, guess it just comes with the territory. I just hate how everyone expects him to be a Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees type just because he was the 1st overall pick. I couldn't stand people booing him when he threw that tipped pick 6. Sam had probably 3 or 4 bad throws the entire game and people still complain.

Best play of the game was when Arenas took it out of the endzone and got jacked by Ray-Ray at the seven. And was anyone else listening to the postgame show on the drive home? haha some chick called saying she didn't think Cook had a good game Laughing
Probably the woman that was sitting behind me. Every time Bradford threw an incompletion, it was because "his arm isn't strong enough." Then she hated when Richardson ran up the middle because it's useless. The one time the Rams ran a toss play and it went no where, that shut her up.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

His personal fouls put the defense in worse field position and definitely need to stop.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

His personal fouls put the defense in worse field position and definitely need to stop.

Even if he was supposed to have help.. He got beat. He showed blitz and pulled back too late and fitz got passed him. The penalties were boneheaded. He got turned around pretty badly the play he got one of those flags. He played terrible. Although he led the team in tackles along with ogletree

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINNEGAN IS AN AVERAGE CORNER THAT HAS A LOT OF EMOTION AND ENERGY THAT GETS HIM NOTICED AROUND THE LEAGUE. HE IS A GREAT LEADER AND MOTIVATOR BUT AVERAGE AT BEST. WAY OVERPAID GETTING LIKE 15 MILL THIS YEAR SMH.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.... We're undefeated.. And also first in the division since we beat a rival Laughing

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offense looked so much better once they spread the defense out. Sam was able to stay clean, as well as move around well in the pocket.

Our play calling for the first three quarters of the game was just bland. It looked very much like what we had been running in the preseason.

The second we started sending pressure from the defensive side we were able to get some pressure on Carson and disrupt his rhythm. He was looking far to comfortable in that offense early in the game.

Same results happened with our offense. The second they opened the play book even a little bit we started to find a lot more success. It was good to see the offense punch in a couple from the red zone. Heck we even got to see Brian Quick in the red zone.

Our special teams may just be our strongest unit. We already know that GZ and Hekk have great potential. It was great to see our coverage units looking good.
Faulk28SJaX39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
Our offense looked so much better once they spread the defense out. Sam was able to stay clean, as well as move around well in the pocket.

Our play calling for the first three quarters of the game was just bland. It looked very much like what we had been running in the preseason.

The second we started sending pressure from the defensive side we were able to get some pressure on Carson and disrupt his rhythm. He was looking far to comfortable in that offense early in the game.

Same results happened with our offense. The second they opened the play book even a little bit we started to find a lot more success. It was good to see the offense punch in a couple from the red zone. Heck we even got to see Brian Quick in the red zone.

Our special teams may just be our strongest unit. We already know that GZ and Hekk have great potential. It was great to see our coverage units looking good.

I concur, they did not want the ball in Tavon's hands anymore than we wanted Peterson with the ball in his. Now that Lechler left Oakland, I think we are well on our way to the best K/P combo in the league. Said combo can prove to be very important come play off time.

PROPS TO DEADPULSE ON THE SIG!
Adopt-A-Ram '13:
Jake Long: 1 GS/0 Sacks Allowed
Kendall Langford: 2tackles, 1 for loss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
FINNEGAN IS AN AVERAGE CORNER THAT HAS A LOT OF EMOTION AND ENERGY THAT GETS HIM NOTICED AROUND THE LEAGUE. HE IS A GREAT LEADER AND MOTIVATOR BUT AVERAGE AT BEST. WAY OVERPAID GETTING LIKE 15 MILL THIS YEAR SMH.

He struggled yesterday but he's much more than an average CB. There were a couple plays that weren't his fault while there were a couple others that were totally his fault.

RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

He struggled yesterday but he's much more than an average CB. There were a couple plays that weren't his fault while there were a couple others that were totally his fault.

The crazy floyd catch was sooooo frustrating..

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ McDonald.. To me I think he played a great first game. Wasn't perfect but man can he hit. Always around the ball. He wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be in coverage either

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

That was one that wasn't his fault though. He was in Floyd's hip pocket. Sometimes, a WR is going to do make an unbelievable catch.

RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

That was one that wasn't his fault though. He was in Floyd's hip pocket. Sometimes, a WR is going to do make an unbelievable catch.

Reminded me of amendola last year vs Peterson..

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: