Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We Have no Kicker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Maybe it's just me but if I were building a team I would want C, K and P in place up front. Not exactly where we are.

yup I think its just you

And Paul Brown.

Puts me and my belief in much better company than with you and your opinion.

The game has changed a lot...or should I say the rules have changed a lot. It is still a field position game to an extent, but nothing like it was back in the day. If you could average 4 yards a carry you did it all day because it was safer (literally) than putting the ball in the air.

Now with all of the rules protecting the offense and especially the passing game getting 4 yards a carry on the ground isn't the best way to move the ball down the field, its by throwing it. I don't necessarily like it, I liked the old run the football and stop the run game, but that is in the past, at least for now.

Those positions are still important, but the premium positions now are QBs, guys who can catch and pass rushers. I know you already know all of this, but that is why I think your theory is a little outdated, but hopefully someday it will return.

That being said, kickers are still important and I'm a little uneasy we don't have a decent one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Maybe it's just me but if I were building a team I would want C, K and P in place up front. Not exactly where we are.

yup I think its just you

And Paul Brown.

Awesome this isnt the 50's and 60's the game is an entirely different game now, a QB and WR are far far more important today than punters and Kickers

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

yup I think its just you

And Paul Brown.

The game has changed a lot...or should I say the rules have changed a lot. It is still a field position game to an extent, but nothing like it was back in the day. If you could average 4 yards a carry you did it all day because it was safer (literally) than putting the ball in the air.

Now with all of the rules protecting the offense and especially the passing game getting 4 yards a carry on the ground isn't the best way to move the ball down the field, its by throwing it. I don't necessarily like it, I liked the old run the football and stop the run game, but that is in the past, at least for now.

Those positions are still important, but the premium positions now are QBs, guys who can catch and pass rushers. I know you already know all of this, but that is why I think your theory is a little outdated, but hopefully someday it will return.

That being said, kickers are still important and I'm a little uneasy we don't have a decent one.

Thanks for the thoughtful post, Thomas5737
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

yup I think its just you

And Paul Brown.

Awesome this isnt the 50's and 60's the game is an entirely different game now, a QB and WR are far far more important today than punters and Kickers

And this foots how to your previous nakedly negative post with no substance?

And how does it explain not extending Mack yet?
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read all 8 pages..this is definitely the best thread since Kaluka Maiava...that being said..all of this talk about who our kicker is going to be is really starting to agitate me because no one is discussing the most pressing need on our team...........who is going to be our backup fullback now that Marecic AND Smelley are both cut??????

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
I read all 8 pages..this is definitely the best thread since Kaluka Maiava...that being said..all of this talk about who our kicker is going to be is really starting to agitate me because no one is discussing the most pressing need on our team...........who is going to be our backup fullback now that Marecic AND Smelley are both cut??????

Wait we cut Smelley to? I wondered why we didn't stink anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Wait we cut Smelley to? I wondered why we didn't stink anymore.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...Now I'm ready for some HEAVY PETTINE!
Tully305

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Leroy and Skillet!!! Where's Shady Grady?
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

yup I think its just you

And Paul Brown.

I will take the punter is important but kicker has lost some value. IMO a bad punter will lose you more games than a bad kicker.

Doesnt matter how good of a defense you have, if you have a bad punter who puts them in bad situations, they will give up points. I will take a great punter over a great kicker. A great kicker wont make your offense better but a great punter can make your defense better IMO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to panic. After Dawson gets his ring this year on SF, he will be back on CLE to win another ring.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard we are bringing in Chad Johnson for a tryout

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012

Last edited by NickZambo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
fatpig

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
No need to panic. After Dawson gets his ring this year on SF, he will be back on CLE to win another ring.

that, or Phil was the curse of Cleveland that has finally been lifted. now with the last remaining ghost of the 1999 disaster team gone, the Browns will from this point on have only winning seasons. Shocked
mas_atc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
bulldog wrote:

that, or Phil was the curse of Cleveland that has finally been lifted. now with the last remaining ghost of the 1999 disaster team gone, the Browns will from this point on have only winning seasons. Shocked

zelbell

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
I miss the Maiava thread Crying or Very sad

Rammy on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Leroy and Skillet!!! Where's Shady Grady?

I love me some sanford and son...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: