Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Bills, Vikings CB Antoine Winfield retires from NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Sounds more like a "Your fired!" "You can't fire me! I quit!" thing to me.

eh, I'm not so sure. Sure, he was cut by the Seahawks, who have a great secondary, but Winfield was still very effective in his 2012 campaign. Hell, no matter how you feel about ProFootballFocus, they ranked him as #3 CB last season. I mean, sure, at his age, he probably regressed from last year, but nevertheless I'm sure he could find work somewhere if he wanted to.

This sounds like a sincere decision to retire.

Nacho Simulation Football League
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
spilltray wrote:

eh, I'm not so sure. Sure, he was cut by the Seahawks, who have a great secondary, but Winfield was still very effective in his 2012 campaign. Hell, no matter how you feel about ProFootballFocus, they ranked him as #3 CB last season. I mean, sure, at his age, he probably regressed from last year, but nevertheless I'm sure he could find work somewhere if he wanted to.

ProFootballFocus has a retarded man crush over the guy. Part of their business model involves pimping certain players for shock value. Winfield has always been one. Evan Mathis is the other famous one.
Luke1592

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
spilltray wrote:

ProFootballFocus has a retarded man crush over the guy. Part of their business model involves pimping certain players for shock value. Winfield has always been one. Evan Mathis is the other famous one.

Aka PFF didn't rank this guys teams players as high as he wants them rated.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always respected him for his physicality despite his small stature, his support in the running game isnt seen much these days by other CBs
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Where would you rank Evan Mathis among NFL guards?

Because PFF had him as the best Guard in the league and the 6th best player overall. Does that sound reasonable to you?

If you think Winfield is the 58th best player in the league, I want what you're smoking.
Luke1592

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Because PFF had him as the best Guard in the league and the 6th best player overall. Does that sound reasonable to you?

If you think Winfield is the 58th best player in the league, I want what you're smoking.

If you would care to read the PFF top 100 OF 2012 you would see its based of the 2012 season and they use a system were every position is treated equal.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I will remember Antoine Winfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBcZuOSqV10

I couldn't agree more with the words of Cris Collinsworth too. Thanks for the memories 'Toine!

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
spilltray wrote:

If you would care to read the PFF top 100 OF 2012 you would see its based of the 2012 season and they use a system were every position is treated equal.

I understand that. It's still a ridiculous claim.
Luke1592

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
spilltray wrote:

How is it a ridiculous claim?
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Because even if you balanced out positional importance, there's still no way that Antoine Winfield is the 58th best player in the league. Do you think that Antoine Winfield was a top 5 corner last year?
Luke1592

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Because even if you balanced out positional importance, there's still no way that Antoine Winfield is the 58th best player in the league. Do you think that Antoine Winfield was a top 5 corner last year?

If i am correct the reason he is rated so high is because of his run defense.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
spilltray wrote:

If i am correct the reason he is rated so high is because of his run defense.

Which is absurd. This is PFF's list of CBs on that top 101 list. If you don't think that's busted, I don't know what to say.

Richard Sherman
Charles Tillman
Antonio Cromartie
Casey Hayward
Antoine Winfield
Chris Harris
Tarrell Brown
Patrick Peterson
Sam Shields
Champ Bailey
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
spilltray wrote:

but are you sure? Wink

I wish Antoine the best of luck in retirement. Its good knowing he's going out on his own terms.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best tackling CB.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you guys think ...one day..he would be on a hall of fame ballot? I think so

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: