Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Meet your 2013 Dallas Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
As I said in another thread, this roster looks...sorry to say, horrid. OL looks bad. DL looks suspect. 5 TEs? Really? 6 safeties and 4 CB, one of which is Webb, who looked very blah in preseason? Whaaa?

My gut says that's the roster of a 6 win team. I just find very little to like about it, tbh.

With both lines being very thin it is going to cost us. I think this team struggles to play .500 ball.

6 wins ??? 8 wins??? Are you guys betting men because I can make some very easy money with you two. Please let me know as I am looking for a new TV at be end of year and you two can help with the cost Smile
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Northland wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
As I said in another thread, this roster looks...sorry to say, horrid. OL looks bad. DL looks suspect. 5 TEs? Really? 6 safeties and 4 CB, one of which is Webb, who looked very blah in preseason? Whaaa?

My gut says that's the roster of a 6 win team. I just find very little to like about it, tbh.

With both lines being very thin it is going to cost us. I think this team struggles to play .500 ball.

6 wins ??? 8 wins??? Are you guys betting men because I can make some very easy money with you two. Please let me know as I am looking for a new TV at be end of year and you two can help with the cost Smile

I put $50 on the Cowboys to go better than 8-8 last night.. and I will keep making that bet with as many people that will take it. Laughing
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend said he's seeing 30-1 Super Bowl odds for Dallas. I'll take those all day.
TheTechnician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/9/2/4687030/cowboys-2013-roster-recent-moves-part-of-larger-coherent-plan
Quote:
The acquisitions of Edgar Jones and Kyle Bosworth, and Danny McCray's new contract: both Jones and Bosworth were their team's McCray: a down-roster special teams ace. All three may be liabilities when asked to play significant defensive snaps - but all three are difference-makers on "teams." As KD so ably reported recently, after losing a guy like Alex Albright, it cant be stated enough how important it was to find a way to keep McCray on the roster - and to give him some help. In the above mentioned names, plus Eric Frampton, Jeff Heath and J. J. Wilcox, the Cowboys have a good-sized group of teams-first players.

There is no excuse for our special teams coverage anymore.
That is a lot of players that should be able to get down the field and make a tackle. If we continue to see poor teams play it is time to start blaming the coaches.
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-1/Infographic-A-Detailed-Look-At-The-Roster-Breakdown/f7da4ed2-63bb-4826-92d6-28f72e63ecfc?campaign=dal:fanshare:twitter

Pretty cool break down of the roster

and look, not a single Razorback on the roster. And they all say that Jerry loves to draft Arkansas Players.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
TheTechnician

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 2m
Cowboys have acquired DE/LB Caesar Rayford in a trade with the Colts. The Cowboys sent an undisclosed draft pick. http://www.dallascowboys.com
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTechnician wrote:
Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 2m
Cowboys have acquired DE/LB Caesar Rayford in a trade with the Colts. The Cowboys sent an undisclosed draft pick. http://www.dallascowboys.com

Probably one of those multiple 7th rounders we have.

^^^mack
TheTechnician

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/player/caesarrayford/2542123/gamelogs

27 year old rookie. Had 5 sacks this preseason. Two games with 2 sacks.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130831/SPORTS03/308310038/Rookie-linebacker-Caesar-Rayford-excited-about-making-Colts-53-man-roster

Quote:
Rayford’s path to the NFL is circuitous: the University of Washington, the B.C. Lions of the Canadian Football League, the Spokane Shock and Utah Blaze of the Arena Football League.

Not once did an NFL team dial him up, until the Colts showed an interest and brought him in for a workout in May.

Quote:
The Colts are intrigued by Rayford’s pass-rush potential and his ability to contribute on special teams. His five sacks during the preseason led the NFL.

Utah Blaze coach Ron James describes Rayford as a class act.

“He comes from a military family. He’s ‘Yes, sir. No, sir. Thank you, sir,’ ” he said. “Caesar is the type of guy you root for because he’s such a good guy, a high-character guy. He just keeps his head down and works at it.”
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
Northland wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

I put $50 on the Cowboys to go better than 8-8 last night.. and I will keep making that bet with as many people that will take it. Laughing

That's a good bet and barring injury, you will win that bet. I guess these 2 have nothing to say, I sure wantedvtobget me a newvTV Smile
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
Northland wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

That's a good bet and barring injury, you will win that bet. I guess these 2 have nothing to say, I sure wantedvtobget me a newvTV Smile

Well, I'm not betting against Dallas for one. Despite my lack of faith, I am still a fan and not dumb enough to hope they do poorly.

That said, given what is fact, they're a .500 team over the past decade plus, I'm not going out on any limb and saying this is an 8+ win team. Been down that road one too many times and not doing it again until I see something different. You and Matts want to be my guest and good luck to you both.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Meet your 2013 Dallas Cowboys Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Meet your 2013 Dallas Cowboys! (at least for now)

I am additionally marking NEW Cowboys. 17 Players who were not on the 53 man roster on week 18 of 2012. That is a 33.9% roster turnover.

QB: 2
Tony Romo / Kyle Orton

WR: 5
Dez Bryant / Miles Austin / Terrance Williams (new) / Dwayne Harris / Cole Beasley

RB: 4
Demarco Murray / Lance Dunbar / Phillip Tanner / Joseph Randle (new)

TE: 4
Jason Witten / James Hannah / Gavin Escobar (new) / Andre Smith (new)

OT: 4
Tyrone Smith / Doug Free / Jeremy Parnell / Darrion Weems

OG: 4
David Arkin / Mackenzy Bernadeau / Ronald Leary / Brian Waters (new)

OC: 2
Travis Frederick (new) / Phillip Costa

Defense

DE: 6
DeMarcus Ware / Anthony Spencer / Kyle Wilber / George Selvie (new) / Edgar Jones (new)(ST's Ace only) / Ceasar Rayford (new)

DT: 4
Jason Hatcher / Nick Hayden (new) / Landon Cohen (new) / Ben Bass

LB: 6
Sean Lee / Bruce Carter / Justin Durant (new) / DeVonte Holloman (new) / Ernie Simms / Kyle Bosworth (new)

S: 5
Barry Church / Will Allen (new) / J.J. Wilcox (new) / Jeff Heath (new) / Danny McCray

CB: 4
Brandon Carr / Morris Claiborne / Orlando Scandrick / B.W. Webb (new)

P: 1
Chris Jones

LS: 1
L.P. (The Great) Ladouceur

PK: 1
Dan Bailey
Here is the updated roster with the 2 additions and 1 subtraction from yesterday

18 new players with a 33.9% roster turnover from week 17 of last season.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still feel like there has to be a move at cornerback. We only have 3 game-ready guys on the roster...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or is Randle as the #4 a gross dissapointment?

Sig courtesy of mack.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Still feel like there has to be a move at cornerback. We only have 3 game-ready guys on the roster...

This is the correct answer. I would like to bring back Moore.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: