Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Meet your 2013 Dallas Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why? Hayden rested against Houston and Bass came in with the 3s... seems like that was a given.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
why? Hayden rested against Houston and Bass came in with the 3s... seems like that was a given.

Well..I didn't really get to watch the game as I was involved in the NC v. USC game Laughing

^^^mack
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our DL depth is horrendous...

I wonder if the bosworth signing is to get a jumpstart on the Giants plans for week one then we cut him

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
what makes you say this? Bass, Cohen, and Hayden all had excellent offseasons...
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
what makes you say this? Bass, Cohen, and Hayden all had excellent offseasons...
ya they did. but cohen and hayden were street FAs. no legit backups that you can say you trust. If we lose a DT we hardly have any backups on this team...not a great position

textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide receivers Danny Coale and Tim Benford will be on the practice squad for the second straight year. The Cowboys also added guard Ray Dominguez, defensive end Jason Vega, cornerback Micah Pellerin, safety Jakar Hamilton and linebacker Cameron Lawrence to the practice squad. Along with QB Alex Tanney, one of the fan favorites.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
ya they did. but cohen and hayden were street FAs. no legit backups that you can say you trust. If we lose a DT we hardly have any backups on this team...not a great position

How many DTs did you want to carry? we have one on PUP and four on the team after trading away the 5th...
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Wide receivers Danny Coale and Tim Benford will be on the practice squad for the second straight year. The Cowboys also added guard Ray Dominguez, defensive end Jason Vega, cornerback Micah Pellerin, safety Jakar Hamilton and linebacker Cameron Lawrence to the practice squad. Along with QB Alex Tanney, one of the fan favorites.
not bad...wish Magee wason there but...

matt79511

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

How many DTs did you want to carry? we have one on PUP and four on the team after trading away the 5th...

Well, Landon Cohen doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence, given that I've never heard his name until today. That could just be me not paying attention in the second halves of preseason games, but I feel as though I would have heard something by now if he were having such a stellar camp.

Also, isn't Bass a LE/UT hybrid? So why are they going with 5 DEs + Bass and 3 DTs + Bass? Wouldn't a 4/4/1 split make more sense?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:

Well, Landon Cohen doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence, given that I've never heard his name until today. That could just be me not paying attention in the second halves of preseason games, but I feel as though I would have heard something by now if he were having such a stellar camp.

Also, isn't Bass a LE/UT hybrid? So why are they going with 5 DEs + Bass and 3 DTs + Bass? Wouldn't a 4/4/1 split make more sense?

Broaddus has been touting Cohen all camp, particularly his first step.

DE - Spencer, Ware, Selvie, Wilber, Jones
DT - Hayden, Hatcher, Cohen, Bass, [Ratliff]

is, I believe, the overall intent.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Northland wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
As I said in another thread, this roster looks...sorry to say, horrid. OL looks bad. DL looks suspect. 5 TEs? Really? 6 safeties and 4 CB, one of which is Webb, who looked very blah in preseason? Whaaa?

My gut says that's the roster of a 6 win team. I just find very little to like about it, tbh.

With both lines being very thin it is going to cost us. I think this team struggles to play .500 ball.

I think we all forgot how good Romo to Dez and Sean Lee with Ware looked. How solid the been but don't break defense worked without Mo. I'm not saying it's Super Bowl but do McGee and Moore over Andre Smith and a new ST DE really change your opinions. I didn't see many calling for 6 wins before the cuts, some bottom of the roster guys are going to cost us that many wins?

This. I don't know why many are so confused by the Magee cut either. He showed up in the Preseason about as much as Matt Johnson did. People should actually be proud of this team for cutting him and not just keeping him because they gave him a nice paycheck.

According to PFF, Magee led the league in preseason tackles and didn't miss any, either.

Tackles are a stupid stat, but still. If Dallas was high enough on the guy to guarantee him $70,000 as an UDFA, it doesn't seem like he was disappointing enough to be deemed a sunk cost.

On Nfl.com they have him ranked (t)37th in preseason tackles, with 4 different cowboys players ahead of him. J.J. Wilcox being highest at (t)7th. You guys wanna talk about J.J. Wilcox?

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a what DE and OLB for ST, think we can part with one of the ST S now?

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will look alot better to me when Ratliff gets back. When I look over the roster DT just jumps off the page at me as a worry spot. I wish so bad we would of took a dt over Escobar. But, we didn't....

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
It will look alot better to me when Ratliff gets back. When I look over the roster DT just jumps off the page at me as a worry spot. I wish so bad we would of took a dt over Escobar. But, we didn't....

Just curious...which DT would you have taken instead?

^^^mack
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kyle Bosworth ‏@KyleBosworth 13h
It's never felt better to be going home. Can't wait to play for the 'Boys. Childhood dreams do come true.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: