You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Glennon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Mike Glennon Reply with quote

Question guys and gals.

The fa qb market seems to be pretty thin. Given that come draft time the Texans, Jags, Browns, Raiders and Titans right behind you guys and Tampa potentially in the market seeing as we have a new staff, come draft day if Teddy, JF, Bortles, Carr and Hundley are gone when you pick is up would you move a 2nd for Glennon?

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Tampa want to move him? He had a very good rookie season.

19 Tds / 9 ints and 2600 yards. I think the Bucs could build on that. Do you anticipate Tampa taking a QB at pick 7?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, no chance in hell that all five of those QBs are gone by pick 8. I have my doubts that three will be gone by pick 8.

Second, I agree with VR. There is no incentive for Tampa to move Glennon for a second round pick when they just spent a third on him.

Third, if the deal was on the table I'd take it and run.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Glennon probably the most in my part of town lol. I think from the weapons he had around him to the terrible coaching staff to playing the strongest strength of schedule that he should be the guy next season. I've wanted Watkins for some time with our first round pick.

Some in the Tampa thread are bringing up that we might go qb or at least it might be a good idea because we might not have the chance in the near future to pick this high again. Some think that Glennon is a good backup, has a low ceiling, doesn't have it etc. etc. I've personally have seen enough throws that I nod my head at that I would want to give him another year with a full offseason and a healthy Williams, Nicks, Martin and potentially Watkins.

The knock on Lovie is he can't put together a offense good enough. Does Tedford like a guy enough in the draft to suggest that Glennon be either traded or be put back on the bench. Often when a new staff takes over they want "their guy" at qb.

Just looking at the board and the fact there might be a chance a few guys are gone by the time you pick and wondering with the Vikes current qb situation if Glennon would be worth a 2nd to you or would you feel comfortable moving one for him.

[UMN]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely give a 2nd for Glennon, no question.

TB would be stupid to consider trading him though. No way Lovie doesn't go defense in the 1st.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its tough to really say what either team would do at this point.

Does Tedford like Glennon? Does Tedford prefer a specific QB in the draft (Bortles or Carr?).

Who will the Vikings head coach be? Does Glennon fit the Vkings new offense?

There really are too many questions to put a value on Glennon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya a ton of questions vikingsrule. More of just me being curious about his value, at least the initial reaction from you guys. Like I said I hope he get's a legit shot next year but if we did draft a new qb with our first I'd rather move Glennon seeing as we already don't have a our third. It would be nice to at least get some value back.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see Buc fans come visiting our forum, since we now have Frazier in common.

stay in touch!

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Ya a ton of questions vikingsrule. More of just me being curious about his value, at least the initial reaction from you guys. Like I said I hope he get's a legit shot next year but if we did draft a new qb with our first I'd rather move Glennon seeing as we already don't have a our third. It would be nice to at least get some value back.

If the Vikes determine that he is a fit, I wouldnt have a problem giving up a 2nd rd pick for him. That is standard value for Qbs and Glennon has shown to be an adequate starter.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

If the Vikes determine that he is a fit, I wouldnt have a problem giving up a 2nd rd pick for him. That is standard value for Qbs and Glennon has shown to be an adequate starter.

Pretty much hits it right on here.

I don't get why they would possibly move on from Glennon. I watched him, sure he made some mistakes, but he was a rookie. Add talent to an already talented team, improve your coaching staff (which you've done), and move on with Glennon. I see you guys being right there for the playoffs next season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, thanks for the feedback guys!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: