Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: vs Miami: NO TOUCHING
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Do you think about the GDT?
You've made a huge mistake
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Christmas Time is Here
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Its the Final Countdown
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Her?
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our special teams looked competent yesterday. Spencer Lanning did a solid job.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Our special teams looked competent yesterday. Spencer Lanning did a solid job.

Rainey didnt. he needs to learn when to kneel and when to take it out.

He set up the offense in horrible starting position atleast 3times

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
To me, it just feels like the regime changes but its just the same ol'. 5-11, 6th overall pick, no qb.

Maybe. I won't harp on the negatives, as they've been covered pretty thoroughly Laughing.

One encouraging sign: the guys that the new FO brought in mostly played well. Kruger, Bryant, and Bess all had good games. Even Lanning at punter and Cundiff at kicker did fine. Owens... not so much.

i will say though, it does NOT feel like the same browns when it comes to run defense. that was NICE.

except for the secondary seemed worse. classic browns. i hope this mcfadden kid is good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
To me, it just feels like the regime changes but its just the same ol'. 5-11, 6th overall pick, no qb.

Maybe. I won't harp on the negatives, as they've been covered pretty thoroughly Laughing.

One encouraging sign: the guys that the new FO brought in mostly played well. Kruger, Bryant, and Bess all had good games. Even Lanning at punter and Cundiff at kicker did fine. Owens... not so much.

i will say though, it does NOT feel like the same browns when it comes to run defense. that was NICE.

except for the secondary seemed worse. classic browns. i hope this mcfadden kid is good.

And that may eventually help our pass protection a little bit. If teams start giving up on the run sooner we can pin our ears back and try to apply more pressure on the QB. I would say we could put more guys in coverage but that didn't seem to help at all yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Haden, Ward and Robertson intercept the passes they should have then Tannehill's 1 TD to 4 INT would make both he and Weeden the dogs of Sunday. It is possible it also changes the outcome of the game.

I'm not blaming any of them for the loss, they all played well, its just those little things can mean a lot in a close game like it was for the most part.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

We stopped the run and got after the QB. This defense will be really, really, really good when we fix the #2 CB spot. I don't think a lot of guys in the secondary suck, but are playing out of depth. Buster Skrine should not be covering #2 or even #3 WRs.

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that the other thread is locked, which I am happy that it is, the thread can go DIAF.

Cameron should have caught that ball, the pass was good enough. If he wants to be a star then he better be giving a star effort.

Skrine is not ready, and may never be ready to be a #2 CB. God oh god is he going to be the bane of this defense if they don't do something about that, and soon. Other guys need to get healthy, step up, and/or they need to bring in someone, like seriously asap.

Front 7 did their thing, Sheard and hopefully eventually Mingo in the mix will definitely continue to shake things up for opposing offenses. The Dolphins got too many chances on O, our drives were usually not long, ate up little clock, and most amounted to nothing.

OLine: WTF IS COUSINS ANYWHERE NEAR CLEVELAND? HE IS GARBAGE, WAS GARBAGE, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE GARBAGE. WTF IS GARRET GILKEY, THE GUY YOU DRAFTED AND ACTUALLY SHOWED POTENTIAL IN THE PRESEASON.

No Gordon takes a lot of the fire power out of this offense, but guys still need to do their job, and I saw so much failure yesterday, I nearly cried outside the bar.

I am excited about nothing with the Ravens coming up in week 2.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
Jimmytruckstop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalcolmBrown wrote:

Cameron should have caught that ball, the pass was good enough. If he wants to be a star then he better be giving a star effort.

Take it down a knotch remember the titans
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Vick is going to die in Chips offense. There is zero chance he manages to stay healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Michael Vick is going to die in Chips offense. There is zero chance he manages to stay healthy.

Agreed.

Though watching tonight has brought some bitterness regarding failing to get Chip Kelly. I still have my doubts as to whether or not such a system can lead to sustainable success, but dang if it is not rubbing salt in our wounds that the Eagles have put 26 on the board int he first half.

That is what people do not understand about what is a big element of frustration about being a Cleveland fan. How often do we have to watch players (in this case a coach) that we almost got, or let walk away, go on to have great careers elsewhere? Again, not saying Kelly will go down in history as one of the greatest coaches ever, but since Cleveland came close (I guess) to getting him, it would not surprise me if he did Crying or Very sad.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system schematically works, but it's going to kill QBs. There is zero chance a QB can play 16+ games in that system.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, unfortunately, is a pretty good wrap on yesterday's game:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/browns_get_c-_grade_and_brando.html
bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is Manoloff's breakdown, with which I mostly agree:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/2013_brandon_weeden_report_car.html

"...there is (very little) joy in Mudville...".
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Here, unfortunately, is a pretty good wrap on yesterday's game:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/browns_get_c-_grade_and_brando.html

Um, no--that's an article about 'some fan's that think Weeden is in the hot-seat after one game where he was sacked 6 times and hit over a dozen more times since the line played poorly and had 3 INTs largely on passes that should have been caught by his receivers'

It's basically an article for fans that want to cry about how Weeden stole their wife or something. I think some fans may like it since it gives them an outlet for their personal frustrations in life, or something.

But it's not at all a 'wrap' on the game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BgDawg"]
candyman93 wrote:

That is what people do not understand about what is a big element of frustration about being a Cleveland fan. How often do we have to watch players (in this case a coach) that we almost got, or let walk away, go on to have great careers elsewhere? Again, not saying Kelly will go down in history as one of the greatest coaches ever, but since Cleveland came close (I guess) to getting him, it would not surprise me if he did Crying or Very sad.

I hate when people say this bc it is bogus garbage. Who have we ever let walk away that ever went on to have a great career? I can name 2 who went on to have good careers in Anthony Henry and Shaun O'Hara and in O'Hara's case he was awful here, no one could have seen him becoming a pro bowler.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 61 of 62

Jump to: