Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: vs Miami: NO TOUCHING
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Do you think about the GDT?
You've made a huge mistake
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Christmas Time is Here
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Its the Final Countdown
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Her?
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our run D ranking is going to be insanely high the first 3 weeks. Baltimore doesn't want to run the ball for some reason and Cinci has no run game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWANTAP!! wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
We told you so about our DL and Hartline

You told us so about your DL and Wallace

I don't think there were any major injuries; good luck the rest of the way

Thanks, and it's good to know Hadens worth more than 100 mill.

It's $60 million, $30 million guaranteed, over 5 years. Glad to see you're well informed.

And having Haden covering Wallace allowed the next to WRs to combine for 191 yards and a TD, but I suppose looking at the big picture is difficult sometimes.

Regarding Haden, he looks really good. Loved watching him at Florida and he played Wallace like an elite corner. Even when Wallace got behind him on that one target he made the right move to force the incompletion. I'll be cheering for him.
BgDawg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
To me, it just feels like the regime changes but its just the same ol'. 5-11, 6th overall pick, no qb.

This is the part that hurts the most. We have gone through many crappy years, but they are never crappy enough to walk away with a coveted qb. We have had to settle for the leftover scraps and have to convince ourselves that we found a diamond in the rough (Quinn, Fry, McCoy, Weeden... heck even the free agents we picked up).

If this season plays out poorly, then I would be in favor of keeping the core of the team together and make sure that we walk away with the best qb possible pretty much no matter what the cost.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey atleast David Wilson doesnt play for us, I think Tom is gonna beat him with a rubber hose after this game

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Heckertt did a good job getting defensive talent, but holy freaking hell did he drop the ball when looking for offensive talent. Thankfully he took a chance on Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron might still be good.

I know people like Trent, but I'm starting to see a lot of bad tendencies he has.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Tom Heckertt did a good job getting defensive talent, but holy freaking hell did he drop the ball when looking for offensive talent. Thankfully he took a chance on Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron might still be good.

I know people like Trent, but I'm starting to see a lot of bad tendencies he has.

he dances around to much. But I do believe that our terrible interrior blocking could be a big part of the reason. We need big up grades at both guard spots and Mack was also not good this game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

he dances around to much. But I do believe that our terrible interrior blocking could be a big part of the reason. We need big up grades at both guard spots and Mack was also not good this game.

Both guys on each side of Cousins struggled, coincidence? I certainly think he contributed to Mack's long day. Wake may have had more to do with Schwartz's.

Blankin' Cousins...

(Not a WV joke)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same old story. i've seen this movies many times in the past.

oh well, we could be Jaguars fans and lost 28-2. it could always be worse.

in other news, the tribe is very much in the playoff race being 2 games out of a wildcard spot.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

He still needs to adjust to the NFL. At Alabama he could dance around all day because his O-line dominated the line of scrimmage. It's actually pretty typical for Alabama running backs to struggle at the next level, because they aren't used to not having 3 holes to choose from every time they run the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not gonna go into the doom and gloom like a majority of the posters but will see this game as more of a learning game then lets blow this team up.

This is a very young team, 2nd youngest roster in the league. there are going to be mistakes and with that they will need to learn from these mistakes. Even the coaches too.

If I see a lot of the same mistakes next week. I will become very mad.

positives.

- Joe Haden looked very good. Mike Wallace has been shutdown by him for 4 straight games. Haden plays more like a wiley old vet instead of a player as young as him. there were plays that Haden looked like he got beat but he would bump Wallace slighty or do something so small that knocked Wallace off his ofcouse and lead to an over.

- Run defense looked amazing. Miami's run game doesnt look amazing but our run defense didnt ever let up. That was one of the most impressive run stopping games the Browns have put on in the last 5 years or so that I can remember

- Jordan Cameron looks like a stud. He had a few mistake here or there but he created a lot of mismatches and took advantage of them

Negatives

Offensive line: Our guards looked down right awful at time. Cousins shouldnt even play CFL. I thought he could be serviceable but he is down right bad. I dont think if Schwartz was trying to protect his inside more because he knew how bad cousins was getting beat or what but Wake was consistently getting beat outisde. I know Wake is a very good rusher and is boarder line Elite but Schwartz has to be better then than. The run blocking was awful. The interior was getting no push. Running off tackle was working but once Miami saw that they adjusted their LBs and the running stopped. TRich didnt have a great game but damn he earned every one of his hards because he was constantly being meet in the holes because no one was getting up to the LBs.

Horton's defense pass scheme. Why was he playing so far off the ball. The cushion he was getting the Miami defenders was amazing. Tannehill was constantly calling check passes and just taking the short stuff. There is a reason Miami didnt need to run the ball because those short passes were working so well. Because of that, that is why IMO Skrine got beat for the touchdown. Miami is just taking all those short passes and to me Skrine tried to be aggressive and play the short very hard while giving a cushion that Hartline pulled out a perfect double move and beat Skrine easily. The TEs and FBs were getting into the flats with ease. Its like everytime Miami threw it short there was never a defender within 4-6yards.

WR play: Was just awful. No one was getting open. Bess would get open a few times but besides that Little, TBen, and others could not create space what so ever. I know Weeden threw some bad passes but the WRs gotta do more so make sure the ball doesnt get picked off. TBen has to take out the DB from catching that. Whats worse a OFF PI or an turnover. Little has to catch that pass, his ball hit him in both hands. no execuse, should of never been pick. The 3rd pick was prolly his worse pass of the game. He threw it way behind Cameron.

Mediocre:

Weeden. To me he didnt look great but didnt look as bad as everyone is making him out to be. He got completely abused by the defense. The OL has to be better and I how Joe Thomas rips that unit because they got embarrassed in the Trenches. When Weeden had time and WRs actually created space, he was making some really nice passes. when Bess was getting open he was hitting him. He threw a perfect pass to Cameron for a touchdown.

I remember ppl complaing he went to the checkdown too quick in the preseason and I say he didnt go to the checkdown enough. He needs to get OBGYN and TRich involved in the passing game more

TRich: To me he didnt look great and didnt look bad. OL didnt open a lot of wholes for him so he was stuck trying to find a crease and bucking it up inside to turn nothing into something.

Ward: He wasnt great but wasnt bad. Made some ok tackles, allowed a reciever to catch a pass a few times and dropped a big INT. I want to see him make some plays

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Im always amused by the comments that Browns fans overreact to a loss. History has shown that people preaching the end of the world are closer to being accurate than those with level heads.

I hate to call you out here but please refer to the following records:

2003 5 and 11
2004 4 and 12 (won home opener)
2005 6 and 10
2006 4 and 12
2007 10 and 6
2008 4 and 12
2009 5 and 11
2010 5 and 11
2011 4 and 12
2012 5 and 11
2012 0 and 1

I have been on this forum for years now and for so many years people come on and say the sky is falling and others come in and say don't over react. If you look at our record and the product on the field, how could you not say the sky is falling when this looks to be the same poor product that we have seen for the past decade. Isn't insanity doing the same thing over and expecting different results. I would argue that not thinking the sky is falling is insanity as if you look at our track record, the Browns have had 1 winning season out of the last 10. [/img]

Skipping over sleeper43 posts since 4/19/09
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
To me, it just feels like the regime changes but its just the same ol'. 5-11, 6th overall pick, no qb.

Maybe. I won't harp on the negatives, as they've been covered pretty thoroughly Laughing.

One encouraging sign: the guys that the new FO brought in mostly played well. Kruger, Bryant, and Bess all had good games. Even Lanning at punter and Cundiff at kicker did fine. Owens... not so much.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

braylonsHands wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Im always amused by the comments that Browns fans overreact to a loss. History has shown that people preaching the end of the world are closer to being accurate than those with level heads.

I hate to call you out here but please refer to the following records:

2003 5 and 11
2004 4 and 12 (won home opener)
2005 6 and 10
2006 4 and 12
2007 10 and 6
2008 4 and 12
2009 5 and 11
2010 5 and 11
2011 4 and 12
2012 5 and 11
2012 0 and 1

I have been on this forum for years now and for so many years people come on and say the sky is falling and others come in and say don't over react. If you look at our record and the product on the field, how could you not say the sky is falling when this looks to be the same poor product that we have seen for the past decade. Isn't insanity doing the same thing over and expecting different results. I would argue that not thinking the sky is falling is insanity as if you look at our track record, the Browns have had 1 winning season out of the last 10. [/img]

You may want to re-read what I said.

"History has shown that people preaching the end of the world are closer to being accurate than those with level heads."
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
CBs aside from Haden were terrible today. Can't say im surprised.

Pattersons 2 picks pretty much summed it all up.

Cousins is god awful And needs to be [inappropriate/removed] canned.

Whatever happened to Norv liking RBs? 1st and goal from the 4 and Trent gets taken out of the game a couple times and gets no looks when he was in?

13 carries for him?

Gimme a god damn break. I thought Pat Shurmur got fired?

Where did you get that idea? Norv uses the pass to set up the run and near abandons the run as soon as his team is trailing, save for the occasional, predictable 1st down HB Dive. There's 5 years of supporting evidence in San Diego to that end.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
IWANTAP!! wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
We told you so about our DL and Hartline

You told us so about your DL and Wallace

I don't think there were any major injuries; good luck the rest of the way

Thanks, and it's good to know Hadens worth more than 100 mill.

It's $60 million, $30 million guaranteed, over 5 years. Glad to see you're well informed.

And having Haden covering Wallace allowed the next two WRs to combine for 191 yards and a TD, but I suppose looking at the big picture is difficult sometimes.

Regarding Haden, he looks really good. Loved watching him at Florida and he played Wallace like an elite corner. Even when Wallace got behind him on that one target he made the right move to force the incompletion. I'll be cheering for him.

FIFY

Stay in school bruh

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 60 of 62

Jump to: