Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Full list of cuts, 53-man roster updated!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2500
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Full list of cuts, 53-man roster updated! Reply with quote

Quote:
QB Drew Brees, Luke McCown
RB Darren Sproles, Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Travaris Cadet, Khiry Robinson
FB Jed Collins
TE Jimmy Graham, Benjamin Watson, Josh Hill
WR Marques Colston, Lance Moore, Kenny Stills, Nick Toon, Andy Tanner
OT Zach Strief, Charles Brown, Terron Armstead, Bryce Harris
G/C Jahri Evans, Ben Grubbs, Brian de la Puente, Tim Lelito
DE Cameron Jordan, Akiem Hicks, Tyrunn Walker, Glenn Foster, Tom Johnson
DT Brodrick Bunkley, John Jenkins
OLB Junior Galette, Martez Wilson, Parys Haralson
ILB Curtis Lofton, Jonathan Vilma, David Hawthorne, Ramon Humber, Will Herring, Kevin Reddick
S Malcolm Jenkins, Roman Harper, Kenny Vaccaro, Rafael Bush, Isa Abdul-Quddus
CB Jabari Greer, Keenan Lewis, Patrick Robinson, Corey White, Rod Sweeting
ST Thomas Morstead, Garrett Hartley, Justin Drescher


http://www.nola.com/saints/team/1377986804-876-53/heres-the-saints-53-man-roster.html


Quote:
The New Orleans Saints trimmed their roster to 53 players on Saturday by waiving 17 players, terminating the contracts of four vested veterans and placing one player on injured reserve, the team announced in a news release on Saturday.

The most notable move was terminating the contract of longtime special teams ace and wide receiver Courtney Roby. Other veterans who had their contracts terminated: defensive end Jay Richardson cornerback Chris Carr and safety Jim Leonhard. Center Eric Olsen was placed on Injured Reserve.

Rookie quarterback Ryan Griffin was among the 17 players waived, a list that also included wide receiver Preston Parker and fullback Austin Johnson. Other players waived:
Receiver Saalim Hakim, guard Elliott Mealer, tight end Keavon Milton, tight end Michael Higgins, guard Andrew Tiller, center Jeremiah Warren, inside linebacker Ray Shipman, outside linebacker Rufus Johnson, nose tackle Isaako Aaitui, safety Jerico Nelson, outside linebacker Baraka Atkins, tackle Marcel Jones, cornerback Korey Lindsey and cornerback Jumal Rolle.


http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/Courtney-Roby-Preston-Parker-let-go-as-New-Orleans-Saints-trim-roster-to-53-man-limit/4e9231d9-7c7b-4902-b20d-759e36e194b8
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 333 YDs ; 1 TD ; 1 INT ; 2 YDs rushing

DB Patrick Robinson - 3 Tackles


Last edited by Porter22 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2500
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Increases the chances for Rod Sweeting to make the team. But don't know what's so surprisingly about this move...
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 333 YDs ; 1 TD ; 1 INT ; 2 YDs rushing

DB Patrick Robinson - 3 Tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3750
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mealer and Aaitui also cut.
_________________


PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2500
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Shipman also released

Andy Tanner made the roster! Nice! Very happy for him! Very Happy
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 333 YDs ; 1 TD ; 1 INT ; 2 YDs rushing

DB Patrick Robinson - 3 Tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2500
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Ray Shipman also released

Andy Tanner made the roster! Nice! Very happy for him! Very Happy


And we released Roby to make room for Tanner!

Quote:
Longtime #Saints special teams captain Courtney Roby released, per league source.

_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 333 YDs ; 1 TD ; 1 INT ; 2 YDs rushing

DB Patrick Robinson - 3 Tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 11158
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saints youth movement is slowly taking place. I really like Tanner and I feel he can contribute. I hit on Lance Moore, I feel the same way about Tanner. He won't be as productive, but he will competing for significant play tie within the next 2-3 seasons. Write this down.
_________________

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21614
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we didn't keep Tanner over Parker. Parker offers big STs ability that Tanner doesn't.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2500
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to his twitter account, we cut Jay Richardson! Shocked

Wow shocking, thought he would start against week 1!
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 333 YDs ; 1 TD ; 1 INT ; 2 YDs rushing

DB Patrick Robinson - 3 Tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21614
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cut Rufus Johnson, probably stashing him on the PS but good lord...I might be wrong but...I think Parys Haralson is our only backup OLB?! Shocked
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3750
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
We cut Rufus Johnson, probably stashing him on the PS but good lord...I might be wrong but...I think Parys Haralson is our only backup OLB?! Shocked


Why would we cut Rufus? When we took him we understood he was a developmental project, and to add onto that, we have NO depth at OLB. Don't understand this move at all....
_________________


PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3750
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're keeping 5 RBs, 2 FBs, but we only have 3 OLBs???? Seriously???? I REALLY do not understand this.
_________________


PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2500
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
So we're keeping 5 RBs, 2 FBs, but we only have 3 OLBs???? Seriously???? I REALLY do not understand this.


Johnson has been cut as well!
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 333 YDs ; 1 TD ; 1 INT ; 2 YDs rushing

DB Patrick Robinson - 3 Tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2500
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The New Orleans Saints trimmed their roster to 53 players on Saturday by waiving 17 players, terminating the contracts of four vested veterans and placing one player on injured reserve, the team announced in a news release on Saturday.

The most notable move was terminating the contract of longtime special teams ace and wide receiver Courtney Roby. Other veterans who had their contracts terminated: defensive end Jay Richardson cornerback Chris Carr and safety Jim Leonhard. Center Eric Olsen was placed on Injured Reserve.

Rookie quarterback Ryan Griffin was among the 17 players waived, a list that also included wide receiver Preston Parker and fullback Austin Johnson. Other players waived:
Receiver Saalim Hakim, guard Elliott Mealer, tight end Keavon Milton, tight end Michael Higgins, guard Andrew Tiller, center Jeremiah Warren, inside linebacker Ray Shipman, outside linebacker Rufus Johnson, nose tackle Isaako Aaitui, safety Jerico Nelson, outside linebacker Baraka Atkins, tackle Marcel Jones, cornerback Korey Lindsey and cornerback Jumal Rolle.

_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 333 YDs ; 1 TD ; 1 INT ; 2 YDs rushing

DB Patrick Robinson - 3 Tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3750
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
So we're keeping 5 RBs, 2 FBs, but we only have 3 OLBs???? Seriously???? I REALLY do not understand this.


Johnson has been cut as well!


Ah, thanks, didn't see it anywhere. Point still stands though. Laughing 5 RBs but only 3 OLBs is crazy...
_________________


PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2500
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
QB Drew Brees, Luke McCown
RB Darren Sproles, Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Travaris Cadet, Khiry Robinson
FB Jed Collins
TE Jimmy Graham, Benjamin Watson, Josh Hill
WR Marques Colston, Lance Moore, Kenny Stills, Nick Toon, Andy Tanner
OT Zach Strief, Charles Brown, Terron Armstead, Bryce Harris
G/C Jahri Evans, Ben Grubbs, Brian de la Puente, Tim Lelito
DE Cameron Jordan, Akiem Hicks, Tyrunn Walker, Glenn Foster, Tom Johnson
DT Brodrick Bunkley, John Jenkins
OLB Junior Galette, Martez Wilson, Parys Haralson
ILB Curtis Lofton, Jonathan Vilma, David Hawthorne, Ramon Humber, Will Herring, Kevin Reddick
S Malcolm Jenkins, Roman Harper, Kenny Vaccaro, Rafael Bush, Isa Abdul-Quddus
CB Jabari Greer, Keenan Lewis, Patrick Robinson, Corey White, Rod Sweeting
ST Thomas Morstead, Garrett Hartley, Justin Drescher

_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 333 YDs ; 1 TD ; 1 INT ; 2 YDs rushing

DB Patrick Robinson - 3 Tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group