Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final cuts: OT Tony Pashos, CB Minnifield, RB Williams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jamison, Compton and Minnifield are expected to be added to the Redskinsí practice squad tomorrow if they clears waivers.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/08/31/redskins-part-with-offensive-tackle-tony-pashos-others-as-cutdown-day-begins/

@john_keim: .@Russellmania980 Burdette has been cut, team source said

Not a surprise, I'm not sure why this one took so long Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing now is to figure out what to do with Briscoe.

Waived/Injured?

or

IR?

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
https://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/373913570095796225

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen 35m

#Redskins roster: 4 QB, 5 RB, 4 TE, 8 OL, 5 WR... 6 DL, 8 LB, 5 CB, 5 S. One question remains: Briscoe (shoulder) waived or placed on IR?

That's our roster breakdown by position. Deep at RB, thin at OL (our backups have no NFL starts IIRC).

markrc99

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote: "Don't have the link to John Keim's tweet but it looks like White made the roster. ... If true, don't expect him to stay for long. Just long enough for Jackson and Jenkins to get back. OR... Gets traded to a team needing a QB. Either way, he is gone by Week 5."

Perhaps you can expand on what the rationale is? Why would they keep Pat White for just a month & is he really viable trade bait? Seems to me that Cousins is the QB that trade partners are apt to find most attractive.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote: "Don't have the link to John Keim's tweet but it looks like White made the roster. ... If true, don't expect him to stay for long. Just long enough for Jackson and Jenkins to get back. OR... Gets traded to a team needing a QB. Either way, he is gone by Week 5."

Perhaps you can expand on what the rationale is? Why would they keep Pat White for just a month & is he really viable trade bait? Seems to me that Cousins is the QB that trade partners are apt to find most attractive.
Its not that they're expecting much out of a pat white trade, just something

https://twitter.com/skinsdiehards/status/373918631786065920
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:

True. Cousins is the most likely trade bait. Keeping White definitely drives up the price for anyone wanting Cousins.

But Cousins is going nowhere until we see, in a game, that RG3's knee is really okay. So I doubt we get rid of him.

White is on the roster to mimic Vick (and other mobile QBs) on the scout team and also provide some depth in case something goes wrong in the first month with RG3 or Cousins. Meanwhile if we can unload him for a 6th or 7th to a team that needs a QB (or depth) we would do it. Alternatively, we could unload Rex to a team like GB that needs a decent #2 QB that is most likely not going to see the field unless Rodgers gets hurt.

So yeah, Cousins is the most likely QB that everyone might be after. He's also the LEAST likely of all the backup QBs (IMHO) to get moved unless someone gave us an insane deal (say, a 1rst next year).

Also - they keep him for a month to see if RG3's knee is holding up. Once Jackson and Jenkins get back after their suspensions the Redskins only need to cut White and one more player at another position to get them back.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
I don't really care if we plan to sign Winifield in place of Chase I'd prefer the younger up and coming physically man to man coverage ability that we had in Chase. Whoever signs him is getting a steal. IMO we will regret this decision!!! I'm highly pissed😡😡😡😡😡😡
There is no guarantee that a team claims him off waivers. I think people are overreacting that we're definitely going to lose him.

Did Chase play well?

Yes, but Chase played well vs other teams players who werent making their teams for the most part. It's like with Pat White, you have to put into perspective who the player is playing against.

I trust that the coaches believe he won't be picked up by another team and we can put him on the practice squad.

I disagree with the whole thing about him only playing well against other guys that are getting cut as well. I saw him and Amerson as our future CB's. Amerson more of a playmaker and Chase as a guy WR's have trouble getting away from (causing more breakups) I'd prefer him over Murphy and Bigger any day. Your right, there is a chance he clears but I truly don't see that happening.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
I don't really care if we plan to sign Winifield in place of Chase I'd prefer the younger up and coming physically man to man coverage ability that we had in Chase. Whoever signs him is getting a steal. IMO we will regret this decision!!! I'm highly pissed😡😡😡😡😡😡
There is no guarantee that a team claims him off waivers. I think people are overreacting that we're definitely going to lose him.

Did Chase play well?

Yes, but Chase played well vs other teams players who werent making their teams for the most part. It's like with Pat White, you have to put into perspective who the player is playing against.

I trust that the coaches believe he won't be picked up by another team and we can put him on the practice squad.

I disagree with the whole thing about him only playing well against other guys that are getting cut as well. I saw him and Amerson as our future CB's. Amerson more of a playmaker and Chase as a guy WR's have trouble getting away from (causing more breakups) I'd prefer him over Murphy and Bigger any day. Your right, there is a chance he clears but I truly don't see that happening.
3 years from now, possibly. This year no.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Did Chase play well?

Agree to disagree. Chase is >>>>>> better than Murphy and Biggers IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Redskins announce the following players have been WAIVED: DL. Anunoby, WR Briscoe, LB Burdette, LB Compton, RB Davis, WR Dawson...

Quote:
..(cont.) WAIVED: S Gomes, DE Hamilton, RB Jamison, WR Lewis, C Matthews, CB Minnifield, OT Nixon, TE Ogbuehi, LB So'oto...

Quote:
...(cont.) WAIVED: OL Stevens, WR Williams. #Redskins also terminated contracts of vets: NT Brance, OT Pashos, RB Williams.

Quote:
#Redskins put OL Hurt on the Reserve/PUP. Team also parted ways with IR'd CB Mouton and LB Muckelroy with injury settlements.

Tom Brady Tribute
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Did Chase play well?

but, if you can put Chase on the practice squad and keep Murphy and Biggers on the 53 man roster, that's best for the team, so it makes sense what they are trying to do.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat White isn't going anywhere.

I said he would be on the 53 & he is.
He is being groomed for the backup position.

Grossman or Cousins will be traded.

If we get to the w-5 mark(with 4 QB's current) and our suspensions come back?
Then you'll see Grossman released or traded. (if it hasn't happened already)

If we released White today, he would be scooped up in 24 hours.
(probably from the waiver wire)

Why?
because if the Eagles don't grab him, the Giants will (who had interest, plus their rookie sucks)

If they don't, Carolina takes a shot, or maybe Seattle, or maybe the 49ers (over Colt Mccoy)

or maybe some team that either wants to run/use the read option, or a team that desperately wants to defend it.

People...you don't get rid of assets & that's what Pat White is now with the read option Phenomenon. An Asset.

If I purchase a Saturn car for 100 bucks, because some dude wrecked it & said..'Well, Saturn is out now. They're not making Saturn's anymore". "Here you go."

All of a sudden.....1 year later....Saturn opens for business again and have a line of new cars available. And the blue book value of my Saturn (& fully repaired) immediately jumps to 5,000 bucks.

Should I just give it away to you for nothing, because I already have 3 other cars?

or do I contemplate it for a while, as it sits next to my Lamborghini, Lexus & old pickup Truck.

One thing is for sure...
I'm not just giving you my Saturn, just because I don't "HAVE" to keep it.
It still has value to me and other people.

Now I might trade it in, for something else though...
Laughing
Otherwise, it sits in the garage, until i decide to take it for a spin.

1 of 3 things will happen
1)We hold on to 4 QB's all season
2)We try to trade Grossman or Cousins before the trade deadline
3)Grossman gets released before the suspended players & possibly PUP Carriker return.

Pat White isn't going anywhere.
And specially not before Week 1, as we prepare for Philly & their mobile left handed QB in Vick.

Pat White possibly allowed us to trade Cousins without consequences, with his improved play & maturity here & to be RG3's backup.

Our Offense isn't changing, so why should our strategy & player personel?
If they can't stop it, why change it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess we won't get Winfield...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237046/article/antoine-winfield-retires-from-seahawks-seahawks

Tracker: 10 receptions, 77 yards, 0 TD
Brian23

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Did Chase play well?

Murphy has impressed and he plays special teams. Apparently Chase would always been on the inactive list because he doesn't play teams so they decided to risk him on waivers.
Brian23

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Did Chase play well?

Murphy has impressed and he plays special teams. Apparently Chase would always been on the inactive list because he doesn't play teams so they decided to risk him on waivers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: