Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins work out WR Da'Rick Rogers, 5 others

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Dolphins work out WR Da'Rick Rogers, 5 others Reply with quote

Quote:
The Miami Dolphins tried out six players, including the son of Hall of Fame Washington Redskins cornerback Darrell Green.

Jared Green, a former Southern University wide receiver, tried out for the Dolphins on Friday.

The Dolphins also worked out former Buffalo Bills wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers and former Bethune-Cookman wide receiver K.J. Stroud.

The Dolphins worked out three linemen: defensive tackle Al Lapuaho and offensive tackle Nic Purcell
Purcell and Jason Weaver.

None of the players were immediately signed to a contract.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Dolphins-try-out-DaRick-Rogers-Darrell-Greens-son.html
Tom Brady Tribute
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rishard Matthews and Marvin McNutt are clearly on the bubble. Moves can occur at Wide Receiver, Tight End, Running Back, Linebacker and Offensive Line.

Don't forget we could be looking at practice squad positions also.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 3, Tackles 5 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 3 : Death 17 Joe 7
orangetiktac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da'Rick has so much talent. If he gets his head on straight he could be solid. Would love to see us give him a shot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogers could be a great pickup. Talented kid who can make a difference

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Rogers could be a great pickup. Talented kid who can make a difference

Good size....if he can develop and, as other have said, mature....he could be a very nice red-zone target.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bills fans weren't happy to see him go. It would be nice to try and make something out of him.

FF Member #67
orangetiktac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts placed him on practice squad. I just don't understand what we're looking for. McNutt and Tyms on the PS, and personally other than measurables neither have shown me anything on the field. I liked Bumphis better than both and now that poor guy doesn't have a job. Every time I try to trust this organization they keep resisting greatness. This is small but it holds true everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a reason nobody wants Rogers. I can't believe anybody would lose sleep over him.
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangetiktac wrote:
Colts placed him on practice squad. I just don't understand what we're looking for. McNutt and Tyms on the PS, and personally other than measurables neither have shown me anything on the field. I liked Bumphis better than both and now that poor guy doesn't have a job. Every time I try to trust this organization they keep resisting greatness. This is small but it holds true everywhere.

Greatness has nothing to do with cuts day. I'd be shocked if anyone we cut was ever more than a third-stringer. Thats why I don't pay attention to camp, most of these low level guys will get your hopes up for nothing.

FF Member #67
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangetiktac wrote:

Because you were in camp along with the coaching staff watching practice and watching the games with a fine tooth comb. Bumphis cleared waivers, there is a reason for that. Bumphis turned the ball over twice and couldn't beat out Thigpen as the return guy. I don't think he offered anything on special teams other than returning.

UniversalAuthor
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
orangetiktac wrote:

Because you were in camp along with the coaching staff watching practice and watching the games with a fine tooth comb. Bumphis cleared waivers, there is a reason for that. Bumphis turned the ball over twice and couldn't beat out Thigpen as the return guy. I don't think he offered anything on special teams other than returning.

While Bumphis made some plays, he also made about the most mistakes of any of the WR.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
orangetiktac wrote:

While Bumphis made some plays, he also made about the most mistakes of any of the WR.

Exactly. This coaching staff has been preaching turnovers this offseason. Usually that means not only forcing turnovers but eliminating turnovers.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: