Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Nyg @ Dal - Wilson!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the rest of the NFL will talk a lot of smack about this game. But NFC Foes will always find a way to keep it close. Amazing (heart racing) game. I was nervous until the final seconds ticked away. Curse of Eli is lifted, thankfully.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was Dez in this game, he usually has a big game vs us. I know there were times where there was help over the top but nevertheless he was still quiet.

I dunno what to say about this game, we turn the ball over 6 times and we were close. Our defense was much better than i thought it would be. In pass coverage. Rushing the passer is a different story though.

Im not losing faith in Wilson just yet, RBs have had similar problems to Wilson. It can be corrected. The cowboys did a good job today of trying to strip the ball.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
dkebones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="minutemancl"]
dkebones wrote:

I have lost faith in Wilson, mostly because he lost faith in himself. I was a huge fan of him before he was drafted. Not anymore. We have to bring someone else in. I really don't care who, as long as it isn't someone that's already on the roster.

this is so reactionist that its hard to respond to. Eli threw 3 interceptions- maybe we should bring David Carr back in?
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
dkebones wrote:

I have lost faith in Wilson, mostly because he lost faith in himself. I was a huge fan of him before he was drafted. Not anymore. We have to bring someone else in. I really don't care who, as long as it isn't someone that's already on the roster.

this is so reactionist that its hard to respond to. Eli threw 3 interceptions- maybe we should bring David Carr back in?

Completely different situation and you know it. If he wasn't fumbling it, he was tiptoeing. He's got to build up some confidence otherwise he's worthless. And you can't build confidence if the coach won't even let you on the field.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the game. Sorry I missed it all. Was driving home from visiting in Syracuse

Anyway...

So many turnovers on the offensive side. I can't believe Wilson didn't learn how to carry the ball. We need a running back that can actually carry the ball

Liked what I saw from the defense. The stats won't show it due to the offensive's turnovers, but I thought they played well

Hopefully Prince can recover from the concussion
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This about sums up Wilson's night:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7448/david-wilson

Quote:
Think about the worst game a running back could possibly have and then double it. Wilson lost his first fumble just four minutes into the opener, but coach Tom Coughlin stuck with him. A little later, Wilson got stuffed on a 1st-and-goal chance from the 1-yard line. On the next play, he blew a protection assignment that got Eli Manning sacked. Then, on the Giants' first possession of the third quarter, Wilson mind-numbingly lost another fumble

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
This about sums up Wilson's night:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7448/david-wilson

Quote:
Think about the worst game a running back could possibly have and then double it. Wilson lost his first fumble just four minutes into the opener, but coach Tom Coughlin stuck with him. A little later, Wilson got stuffed on a 1st-and-goal chance from the 1-yard line. On the next play, he blew a protection assignment that got Eli Manning sacked. Then, on the Giants' first possession of the third quarter, Wilson mind-numbingly lost another fumble

People can say that the cowboys defense was great in trying to strip the ball out and rightly so but its not like they were doing it to just Wilson, they were doing it to every ball carrier and they managed to hold onto the ball. I hope hes not demoralised by this but he needs to realise that he needss to be the complete back.

dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
dkebones wrote:

Completely different situation and you know it. If he wasn't fumbling it, he was tiptoeing. He's got to build up some confidence otherwise he's worthless. And you can't build confidence if the coach won't even let you on the field.

this is the epitome of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" situation. if Wilson decides that this doesn't put a chip on his shoulder, then i agree with you, might as well write him off. if he plays with a chip, if this was his eye-opening moment that this job wasn't just gifted to him, then good for him and good for the team.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
dkebones wrote:

this is the epitome of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" situation. if Wilson decides that this doesn't put a chip on his shoulder, then i agree with you, might as well write him off. if he plays with a chip, if this was his eye-opening moment that this job wasn't just gifted to him, then good for him and good for the team.

I love Wilson and I'm rooting for him, but I didn't like the look of how he was handling it. It shows he cares but if he's going to get past it he has to lace up and focus on fixing the issue. Tiki didn't cry after his fumbles. He focus on his technique and got past it. I'm absolutely not writing him off but I hope I'm wrong about my suspicion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Where was Dez in this game, he usually has a big game vs us. I know there were times where there was help over the top but nevertheless he was still quiet.

I feel like this cant be a real question. You guys triple teamed him most of the game.

TRIPLE TEAMED HIM.

Single - You had a CB on him
Double - You had safety help over the top of him all game
Triple - You put a LB to ensure no intermediate/inside routes (Slants, In's, etc)

Anywho - good game to you guys. I felt pretty confident we were going to win that one going in, but you guys managed to make it a closer game than I had anticipated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
look at the bright side.... romo had absolutely nothing to do with this win. literally nothing

Yeah, other than completing 75% of his passes and throwing 2 TD's, I guess he had absolutely nothing to do with the win.

Romo simply took what the defense gave him and it worked. And all this despite getting blown up at the end of the second quarter.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Whoa a Pierre siting!

Cowboys must have won a game. He came out from under his rock Laughing

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
look at the bright side.... romo had absolutely nothing to do with this win. literally nothing

Yeah, other than completing 75% of his passes and throwing 2 TD's, I guess he had absolutely nothing to do with the win.

Romo simply took what the defense gave him and it worked. And all this despite getting blown up at the end of the second quarter.

Not that hard when you consistently have the ball on our side of the field. We turn the ball over less we win. Plain and simple. The cowboys should of had way more points given the turnovers. We handled Romo and forced 3 and outs twice in the 4th when we needed them. Romo almost handed the game to us by getting sacked twice. The offense stalled and couldnt finish. Not saying we should of won by any means, but your defense and the giants mistakes won you this game.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

I feel like this cant be a real question. You guys triple teamed him most of the game.

TRIPLE TEAMED HIM.

Single - You had a CB on him
Double - You had safety help over the top of him all game
Triple - You put a LB to ensure no intermediate/inside routes (Slants, In's, etc)

Anywho - good game to you guys. I felt pretty confident we were going to win that one going in, but you guys managed to make it a closer game than I had anticipated.

I need to watch the game again. I know for a fact we had a safety over the top mostly but we never assigned a LB to stop the slants. Thats why we were our corners were so aggressive underneath.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
I need to watch the game again. I know for a fact we had a safety over the top mostly but we never assigned a LB to stop the slants. Thats why we were our corners were so aggressive underneath.

From a Scout on DC.com:

Quote:
It was a frustrating game for Dez Bryant, but give the Giants credit. They were not going to let the talented receiver beat them. Defensive coordinator Perry Fewell put a cornerback in his face and shaded a safety over the top, but also buzzed a linebacker in the flat to take away some of his opportunities to run his slant.

From Romo:

Quote:
New York doubled-teamed Bryant “the whole game,” quarterback Tony Romo said, with a cornerback playing press coverage and a safety over the top.

From Dez:

Quote:
“[The Giants] respected me tonight. I know what I can do. Everybody across this world knows what I can do. And they know, if the ball is thrown my way, I'm going to get to it. I don't care if it's double [coverage], triple or whatever. I'm going to try my best to get to it.

I dont think Dez was "quiet" in the since that he didnt effect the game. If it was anything short or in, the Giants had a CB and LB; if it was deep they had a CB and Safety. Romo chose to spread the ball to the other guys instead of take the risky throw with Dez.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: