Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which WRs....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Which WRs.... Reply with quote

Which Wrs do you think we'll keep around. After the emergence of Baldwin, Patton and Hawkins (as a returner) the last couple preseason games, Who do you think we'll hold on to and who will have to kick rocks

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin, Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Patton, Moore and Baldwin. Crabs and Manningham on PUP. Once they come off, I'd say Moore or Baldwin is the odd man out.

I also think Chuck Jacobs has done enough to make the practice squad. He does appear to have some promise. I'm not a Hawkins fan. Hunter and Patton can handle kick return duties and Cox can handle punts until LMJ comes back.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you guys think our WRs will be better than last years crew?

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
BangBang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

That's all contingent on our offensive style, which I don't expect to change too much. We had a lot of talent at receiver last year, but we weren't the team to throw the ball around 40-50 times... and we won't be that team this year. But with Kaepernicks progression I do expect to see an increase in receiving production.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year we have one established WR in Boldin and a bunch of hungry guys trying to compete. I think we'll see a great WR group only if they stay focused. If not our WRs will probably suck. I personally think that we'll finally see a good group for a change. We haven't had any real threats at WR for years. Hopefully that streak ends this year.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
fishsticks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

Yes. Definitely more depth than we have had in years. I cant remember the last time I felt sorrow over a 49er receiver being cut. I think that is gunna happen this season.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I stated in my 53 man roster post....

I think the Niners will keep 6 WR Not including Crabs and Manningham as they start the season hurt.

Boldin
Moore
Williams
Patton
Bladwin
Hawkins

I think Lavell has shown too much big play potential to not make the roster. The guy is a blazer and he has experience. Something this squad lacks.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:

I think the Niners will keep 6 WR Not including Crabs and Manningham as they start the season hurt.

Boldin
Moore
Williams
Patton
Bladwin
Hawkins

I think Lavell has shown too much big play potential to not make the roster. The guy is a blazer and he has experience. Something this squad lacks.

I agree with this...if you take away the clown celebration after he returned that kick there would be almost no doubt Hawkins makes the team. And the fact that Lamike hurt his knee means we're down a return guy. although patton did look solid on returns.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

Boldin
Moore
Williams
Patton
Bladwin
Hawkins

I agree with this...if you take away the clown celebration after he returned that kick there would be almost no doubt Hawkins makes the team. And the fact that Lamike hurt his knee means we're down a return guy. although patton did look solid on returns.

I thought the penalty for the showing of the ball was ridiculous. He definitely didnt taunt. Then he takes off the helmet. Ok I get that penalty. Neve have really liked the rule. Then you get the one for the very minor headbutt and there you have it.

Hawkins is a playmaker. He has been bothered by injuries his whole career. When he was in High School(Stockton, CA) he made plays every week. Same at Cal. What he did last night was just stupid. to be able to track the ball off his hands, catch it, hurdle a guy, take a shot and remain on his feet and then get to the outside a burn everyone. You cant teach speed boys and he has a ton of it.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Miami49er

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a shame Baldwin's draft status will keep him on the roster while Hawkins will most likely be cut. Hawkins deserves to make the roster.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
its a shame Baldwin's draft status will keep him on the roster while Hawkins will most likely be cut. Hawkins deserves to make the roster.

We're a run first team. If a 6'4" 230lbs guy can throw a block from the outside, he has a purpose on this team. Plus he has decent speed and can make ridiculous catches, when his head is in the game. That's a guy worth a roster spot, draft status notwithstanding. We should keep Lavelle until our injured guys return. That's a decent audition, no? He just has to show enough during the 2-3 weeks LaMike is absent. If he plays well, he gets 3-4 more weeks until Mario returns. If he shows enough, who's to say we won't keep him instead of Mario? Or cut Marlon Moore? Or Kyle Williams? Lavelle Hawkins still has to prove himself, and I like it that way.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
BangBang

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baldwin has shown he can get open and use his body to shield off defenders. He just has to catch the damn ball now. Unlike Jenkins, who couldn't do anything.

I say we bring back Dominique Zeigler...
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Baldwin has played pretty decent considering the amount of time he's been here. The drop he had the other night was unfortunate, but it didn't look like it was a matter of a lack of focus to me. It looked like he and McCoy were on different pages, he was started towards the sideline and McCoy took him back inside. The other play in the endzone was catchable for sure, but he did have some pretty tight coverage. I think Baldwin will be a very solid contributor, although I do like what I saw out of Hawkins as well.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Miami49er

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Miami49er wrote:

We're a run first team. If a 6'4" 230lbs guy can throw a block from the outside, he has a purpose on this team. Plus he has decent speed and can make ridiculous catches, when his head is in the game. That's a guy worth a roster spot, draft status notwithstanding. We should keep Lavelle until our injured guys return. That's a decent audition, no? He just has to show enough during the 2-3 weeks LaMike is absent. If he plays well, he gets 3-4 more weeks until Mario returns. If he shows enough, who's to say we won't keep him instead of Mario? Or cut Marlon Moore? Or Kyle Williams? Lavelle Hawkins still has to prove himself, and I like it that way.
yes he has purpose I suppose but if it HAD to come down to 1 or the other they would take Baldwin even tho Lavelle in roughly the same amount of tons has made a much bigger impact. but hopefully it works out way you described it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Miami49er wrote:

yes he has purpose I suppose but if it HAD to come down to 1 or the other they would take Baldwin even tho Lavelle in roughly the same amount of tons has made a much bigger impact. but hopefully it works out way you described it.

Hawkins has always flashed big play potential. That's the problem. If he was that good a playmaker, he wouldn't be cut by every team that gets him. He wouldn't just flash. So, he's flashing now. Should we cut another guy with potential just because Hawkins is flashing right now, like he's done several times before already?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: