Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redsksins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
It is what it is. We got our butts kicked and Philly played awesome, I won't take anything away from them. I'm not going to panic because RGIII looked to be regaining his form and some confidence in his knee and arm. You win some, you lose some. This same team that went 10-6 last year beating the crap out of the rest of the NFC East got whiped out at home by the Panthers. IT HAPPENS! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get ready for the Packers.
This is a good post!
I have to say though, I'm worried about an 0-3 of our running game and tackling doesn't greatly improve.

Packers and Lions could be losses, even if our offense and played like it did vs the saints/1st cowboys game last year and our defense plays like it did vs the Cowboys week 17 last year.

Interesting thing i heard:

Eagles ran 53 plays in the first half.

We ran 54 plays in the second half and had one less first down than him

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good start to the season but its early and no reason to panic. I think part of the reason we lost was due to the play calling. Yes I know RG3 didn't look a 100% but RG3 is not a straight up pocket passer and our o-line isn't built for that either. In the second half you saw RG3 moving around more (not necessarily running), but I didn't see many bootlegs or just have RG3 scramble to the right or left little in the first half. In the second half once he started moving he ran it a couple times all the sudden our offense looked more effective. Just my 2 cents.

I feel like because of all the criticism the Shanahans got last year they went overly protective to start the game.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
It is what it is. We got our butts kicked and Philly played awesome, I won't take anything away from them. I'm not going to panic because RGIII looked to be regaining his form and some confidence in his knee and arm. You win some, you lose some. This same team that went 10-6 last year beating the crap out of the rest of the NFC East got whiped out at home by the Panthers. IT HAPPENS! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get ready for the Packers.
This is a good post!
I have to say though, I'm worried about an 0-3 of our running game and tackling doesn't greatly improve.

Packers and Lions could be losses, even if our offense and played like it did vs the saints/1st cowboys game last year and our defense plays like it did vs the Cowboys week 17 last year.

It could potentially happen that way but I don't think it will. I honestly think we will give the Packers hell and possibly pull that one out. We struggled and it was a perfect storm of terrible happenings. I've honestly never seen so many mistakes by one team in a half of football and yet we still had an opportunity to win the game. This team will be fine and I'm not always the most optimistic.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
This is a good post!

It could potentially happen that way but I don't think it will. I honestly think we will give the Packers hell and possibly pull that one out. We struggled and it was a perfect storm of terrible happenings. I've honestly never seen so many mistakes by one team in a half of football and yet we still had an opportunity to win the game. This team will be fine and I'm not always the most optimistic.

Great post Lavar!!! This is my take. We played one of the worst 1/2 of fotball I have ever seen! Never gave up, and fought till the end, and acctually had a chance to win! I really liked how the D played. Yes we gave up alot of rushing yards, but I blame most of that on the O!!! The way to beat the up tempo Eagles is to sustain drives with the running game, and keep their O off the field. No D in the league could have stop that attack with the poor field postion and trunovers that our D was dealing with!! Sure we have things to fix, but we will get better every week!!
Every snap Griffen takes builds his confidence!!!! You could acctually see the rust comming off in the second half! I thought the player of the game for us was Roy Helu Jr!!! He is a great weapon on third down and passing situation!! He blocked well all night also!!
Philly better be glad Griff was rusty....Next game will be alot different!!
Geronimo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that Jackson's TD was due to a mistake by Rambo.

I have to apologize! I understand he was where he was to be, it is Biggers who decided to cover Cooper, who was leaving his zone, instead of Jackson, who was entering it.

I do not understand why Biggers should play over Doughty or Pugh. He has played poorly in the preseason and against the Eagles.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
I thought that Jackson's TD was due to a mistake by Rambo.

I have to apologize! I understand he was where he was to be, it is Biggers who decided to cover Cooper, who was leaving his zone, instead of Jackson, who was entering it.

I do not understand why Biggers should play over Doughty or Pugh. He has played poorly in the preseason and against the Eagles.
i agree. Doughty and Pugh should have been playing SS. He's one of the best tacklers on the team, IMO the best- maybe 2nd behind Riley, but we know Fletch has lost a step and Doughty is such a sure tackler. Tackling was our biggest problem.

I believe Biggers was a Raheem Morris call tbh

As for the DJax TD it was on Rambo but its an ongoing theme over the past 5 years now that DHalls man burns the team. DHall could have been a hell of a lot closer to Jackson in the zone than he was. Hall let's people loose to early in his zones because he cherry picks other zones or other possible receivers based on the qbs eyes. He doesn't match up to his man
in his zone very well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Geronimo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this source:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/9/10/4716554/redskins-vs-eagles-breaking-down-eagles-touchdown-passes

Biggers was to cover deep in the center (and therefore Jackson), but went after Cooper running towards the sideline. DHall was to cover the left side of our zone but when he saw Biggers leaving his zone, he went after Jackson, though having lost yards. Actually, when Jackson catches the ball, Hall turns his head to Biggers, not to Rambo, so it's very likely that Biggers missed his assignments.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
According to this source:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/9/10/4716554/redskins-vs-eagles-breaking-down-eagles-touchdown-passes

Biggers was to cover deep in the center (and therefore Jackson), but went after Cooper running towards the sideline. DHall was to cover the left side of our zone but when he saw Biggers leaving his zone, he went after Jackson, though having lost yards. Actually, when Jackson catches the ball, Hall turns his head to Biggers, not to Rambo, so it's very likely that Biggers missed his assignments.
oh wow! Thanks a lot. I guess it's good to know that Rambo didn't make the mistake because he's our starting FS.

It's good to know the guy who had no business playing SS made the mistake. Hopefully, we never have to see Biggers at Safety again.

Man when I see him make mistakes like that and Rambo whiff on tackles in the open field, it just makes me want to sign Kevin Barnes because Barnes is a better tackler than both guys and he is a smarter player that wouldn't make the mental mistakes.

I know Kevin isn't coming back, but I still believe he should have never been gone in the first place. The one year rental on Cedric Griffin, David Jones and Dominique Johnson never made sense to me over keeping Barnes for one more season to develop him as the #4/5 cb and back up safety.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To say i was discussed during the game Monday night it would be an understatement. Even the 2nd half didn't make me feel a lot better, however it did calm me down. Yesterday, i watched the game again being calm and collective. And I will tell you guys my entire perspective changed.

I am going to go on record and say Kelly's offense will not work in the NFL. Everyone is wow, incredible etc. but

Even though we got 7 points off the early turnover and consequently stopped the Eagles from scoring, I would have much rather had the Eagles score on that drive 7 and us not having the two turnovers by Morris. Why? Because its obvious by the beginning of the 4th the Eagles offense was totally gassed. Imagine how they would have been if they had to drive from their own 20 or 25 each and every drive in the 1st half. never mind the fact that their D would have also had a hard time keeping up.

Guys you can only dress 45 players game day. So if the Eagles try to keep up this pace even for a half they will be taking a huge risk from the injury perspective and fatigue. Unless you guys think their RB is a 31 carry back, week in week out.

Seeing the game again showed me how close we actually came to winning this game.

I don't expect Morris to fumble and the next series to drop the ball for a safety
I don't expect Thomson to keep screwing up the punt returns
I don't expect RGIII to miss wide open receivers
I don't expect Kai to miss 40 yard FGs
I don't expect our D to be totally surprised like they were
And finally I don't expect the entire team to be so flat for 2.5 quarters.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To say i was discussed during the game Monday night it would be an understatement. Even the 2nd half didn't make me feel a lot better, however it did calm me down. Yesterday, i watched the game again being calm and collective. And I will tell you guys my entire perspective changed.

I am going to go on record and say Kelly's offense will not work in the NFL. Everyone is wow, incredible etc. but

Even though we got 7 points off the early turnover and consequently stopped the Eagles from scoring, I would have much rather had the Eagles score on that drive 7 and us not having the two turnovers by Morris. Why? Because its obvious by the beginning of the 4th the Eagles offense was totally gassed. Imagine how they would have been if they had to drive from their own 20 or 25 each and every drive in the 1st half. never mind the fact that their D would have also had a hard time keeping up.

Guys you can only dress 45 players game day. So if the Eagles try to keep up this pace even for a half they will be taking a huge risk from the injury perspective and fatigue. Unless you guys think their RB is a 31 carry back, week in week out.

Seeing the game again showed me how close we actually came to winning this game.

I don't expect Morris to fumble and the next series to drop the ball for a safety
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: