Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redsksins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Guys give it up.......our D will be suspect in coverage again and seeing today very possible in the run D. Rg3 did not look that good he played vanilla defense and even if not he and our O shuldnt be struggling against a new 3-4 eagles D

This we lost by 6 talk needs to die we got destroyed on both sides of the ball. All this from a new coaching staff next week we play a better offensive gb team who D is pretty quick.

Its one of those 6-10. /10-6 seasons .
do you just copy and past your negative posts?

I swear they're all identical
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Billal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Next week will be tough. Never won in gb and gb offense I'd scarier than philly.

I see first hard win against lions if not for sure oakland.

Next week against the Packers WILL be tough (as you say). I agree with you.

I see a Packers win. Let's be realistic.
PSID412

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact we got 6 points by the end give me hope but with the Packers next week it could be a long day

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
Geronimo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it: it will take weeks, if not the whole season, before RG3 comes back 100%.

What about our rookies?

Reed: 5 catches, 38 yds. This guy could be our best draft pick this year.

Rambo: 10 tackles, 1 sack. He had some good tackles at the LOS, but when he faces a runner in open field he can't even touch him. Where was he when Jackosn got his TD pass?

Amerson: almost picked off one throw, did not dislike him.
Sandman55

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given no plays for RG3 in the preseason, it could've been worse.

Unfortunately the ability to stay healthy is a bigger part of being a great pro than being fast, having a strong arm, or just being good.

No use complaining about it, if RG3 is going to be a Brady, Montana, Manning, Favre, etc, he's going to have to be extremely healthy throughout his career.

I forget who said it, but being healthy is a skill. RG3 may have most of the QB skills in spades, but if he doesn't have the health "skill", games where he is unprepared or just not available will be a regular occurrence for years to come.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Guys give it up.......our D will be suspect in coverage again and seeing today very possible in the run D. Rg3 did not look that good he played vanilla defense and even if not he and our O shuldnt be struggling against a new 3-4 eagles D

This we lost by 6 talk needs to die we got destroyed on both sides of the ball. All this from a new coaching staff next week we play a better offensive gb team who D is pretty quick.

Its one of those 6-10. /10-6 seasons .
do you just copy and past your negative posts?

I swear they're all identical
what do you want me to say.

Our D stunk it gave up almost 200 rushing -vick looked good and the eaglrs D lookrd better than our D which is unacceptable.

Ill be gone till the lions game. Ill make prediction on gb thread n than I'm put another full wrek I like being honest not bs.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason we lost this one is because all things being equal Penalties, the Eagles playing much better special teams than us and RGIII being totally out of sink in the first quarter.

did Morris fumble hurt us? Yes but then again I say its a wash since we got a gift on a lateral pass that most likely wasn't.

But when RGIII is so rusty he can't do a pitch right (btw why Kyle are we doing a pitch in our own endzone?), when he is missing wide open receivers, when he throws in triple coverage, it is simply too much to overcome

A few of us said RGIII shouldn't start until the bye. I maintain this position, maybe he is close to 100% but he certainly was not ready yesterday. Yes he got better in the 2nd half, but I thought we want to make sure this guy is our QB for the next 10 years.
markrc99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote: "Dude Philly was up 33-7 teams usually up like that give up vanilla defense. Now the D wasn't as bad as the score showed but it wasn't good ... our D will be suspect in coverage again and seeing today very possibly in the run D. ... This we lost by 6 talk needs to die we got destroyed on both sides of the ball."

Yeah, you're trying to inject reality & it's rejection, absolute. There's not a single shred of credit afforded to Philly. The Eagles ran 50+ plays in the 1st half because the Redskins couldn't stop them! When they're right, Vick, Jackson & McCoy aren't legit, they've never taken this defense apart before? That sort of talk is nonsense. When they were up 19-7, they just kept handing the thing to McCoy & the Redskin defense couldn't get him on the ground. Add in what Vick & others contributed and they must've had well over 200 yds rushing. Throughout the preseason the pass rush seemed improved, but Vick usually had time and space to move around & make things happen. I don't recall seeing Brandon Jenkins even once. On that TD throw to Celek, Fletcher was beaten so bad that it doesn't even look like he was suppose to be covering the TE. He honored the run action, but his recognition of the fake & ability to get into coverage was extremely poor. Remember, he & Riley are every down players. Even when Philly went to their multi-rec'r sets, both those guys are out there. Of course, when your offense is struggling you're apt to lose the football game. But that's no excuse for the defense to get taken apart like they were. The good news is that Green Bay is one-demensional & their OL, not very good.

Okay, Griffin had a bad game & he will play better next week! But where was Morris and that stretch play? I don't know how anyone doesn't credit Philly, they shut that play down! I said months ago that if Griffin forced the ball into Moss like he did last year, some of those are going to get picked. That wasn't rust, that was a poor decision to force the ball to Moss when he's covered. He needs to stop doing that. Again, when they have to pass, that OL has proven they can't protect Griffin. Worse, there didn't seem to be any type of an adjustment from Kyle Shanahan. He's not aware that when they're behind the weakness of the OL is going to be exposed? That was no fluke last night, that's a known weakness! Griffin could've used some check-downs and really, a screen game. Perhaps I just don't recall, but I didn't see enough of a short game that could've gotten that rush slowed down and helped get Griffin going. What I did like, even though Griffin was tentative much of the time, he hung in the pocket waiting for a rec'r to break, even though he knew those guys couldn't protect him. He's a great player & he will play better vs the Packers. Who knows, they might even win that game.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
RG3 got his rhythm going. It also didn't help that we continued to let you guys get us underneath and then get tons of YAC.
True, but he needed that because he hasn't had any live action since January.
Crazy thing is, is that if Forbath makes FG and we kick an extra point instead of going for two, its a two point game and at the end there a FG would have won it.

Hmmm...if only the NFL had something in order to get some live action before the regular season starts and the games count.

That would be a great thing to utilize.

I'll write to Goodell and see if they can arrange something.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is what it is. We got our butts kicked and Philly played awesome, I won't take anything away from them. I'm not going to panic because RGIII looked to be regaining his form and some confidence in his knee and arm. You win some, you lose some. This same team that went 10-6 last year beating the crap out of the rest of the NFC East got whiped out at home by the Panthers. IT HAPPENS! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get ready for the Packers.
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Ryan benched or is helu just a better option in pass pro and hurry up.
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

Who's Ryan? Laughing I guess due to lack of a running game, Alfred was benched in favor of Roy Helu because he's better in passing situations

Tracker: 10 receptions, 77 yards, 0 TD
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Who's Ryan? Laughing I guess due to lack of a running game, Alfred was benched in favor of Roy Helu because he's better in passing situations

Lol why did I say Ryan. Haha I have no idea. Lol wow.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
The problem I have with this game is they'll say Chip Kelly and the Eagles are legit when they're not. This was all due to the Redskins Offense sucking - early.

Griffin still has a ways to go.
eagles played well .

Isc what the score looked it just felt like a blow out regardless . Next week will be tough gbD sshouldn't be underestimated .

No, they didn't. The first 2 drives were the only time the Offense looked dominant, than our D finally figured it out. If it wasn't for the Alf fumbling twice, which gave them a fast 9 points, our D would have had its breath.

Our D was just worn down by being on the field the entire first half.
dude phillt was up 33-7 teams usually up like that gI've up vanilla defense. Now the D wasn't as bad as the score showed but it wasn't good...turn overs ok but yards where a no no.

Gb will score 24 handsdown and they did that yesterday against a better 49ers D.
That's because our offense kept turning the ball over. 3 times by early in the 3rd quarter. Chris Thompson doesn't know what he's doing as a return man, his performance last night was 10,000x worse than anything we've ever seen from Brandon Banks who everyone wanted gone before the 2012 season. The field position given to the eagles by our offense and Chris Thompson was an abomination.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
The problem I have with this game is they'll say Chip Kelly and the Eagles are legit when they're not. This was all due to the Redskins Offense sucking - early.

Griffin still has a ways to go.
eagles played well .

Isc what the score looked it just felt like a blow out regardless . Next week will be tough gbD sshouldn't be underestimated .

No, they didn't. The first 2 drives were the only time the Offense looked dominant, than our D finally figured it out. If it wasn't for the Alf fumbling twice, which gave them a fast 9 points, our D would have had its breath.

Our D was just worn down by being on the field the entire first half.
dude phillt was up 33-7 teams usually up like that gI've up vanilla defense. Now the D wasn't as bad as the score showed but it wasn't good...turn overs ok but yards where a no no.

Gb will score 24 handsdown and they did that yesterday against a better 49ers D.
That's because our offense kept turning the ball over. 3 times by early in the 3rd quarter. Chris Thompson doesn't know what he's doing as a return man, his performance last night was 10,000x worse than anything we've ever seen from Brandon Banks who everyone wanted gone before the 2012 season. The field position given to the eagles by our offense and Chris Thompson was an abomination.

We couldn't really expect too much from him. Brandon Banks was a returner in college, and continued that in the NFL. Thompson had his first season game as a returner since high school. I think we had too high of an expectation after 2 preseason games against backups...

Tracker: 10 receptions, 77 yards, 0 TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: