Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redsksins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Thanks for the game. Good luck against Dallas and Giants.

Good luck to you, Rainbow. Except during week 11. Wink Laughing
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
The problem I have with this game is they'll say Chip Kelly and the Eagles are legit when they're not. This was all due to the Redskins Offense sucking - early.

Griffin still has a ways to go.

I love posts like this... Laughing

Good game though guys, gonna be a dog fight between all 4 teams in the division!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
The problem I have with this game is they'll say Chip Kelly and the Eagles are legit when they're not. This was all due to the Redskins Offense sucking - early.

eagles played well .

Isc what the score looked it just felt like a blow out regardless . Next week will be tough gbD sshouldn't be underestimated .

No, they didn't. The first 2 drives were the only time the Offense looked dominant, than our D finally figured it out. If it wasn't for the Alf fumbling twice, which gave them a fast 9 points, our D would have had its breath.

Our D was just worn down by being on the field the entire first half.
dude phillt was up 33-7 teams usually up like that gI've up vanilla defense. Now the D wasn't as bad as the score showed but it wasn't good...turn overs ok but yards where a no no.

Gb will score 24 handsdown and they did that yesterday against a better 49ers D.
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Good game though guys, gonna be a dog fight between all 4 teams in the division!

Can you really tell me the reason your offense put up over 300 yards had nothing to do with Alfred fumbling on his fist carry, dropping a ball in the endzone, and Grif forcing it into triple coverage?

The spread high tempo is meant to wear them down by just how fast its running. Not only did you get to run fast, the D was on the field for almost the entire first half. That's on our O, not yours.
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

We're a bit angry because we did hand you a bunch of points. Just let it be.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No pressure no diomands"

Rg3-

This dude look like he was sad .........I hope I never see that sad face again from him.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Game.

Griffin needed to play in the pre-season
He did NOT. His long term health is way more important than any one game. I wish they would have thought of that vs Seattle but what's done is done there.

Griffin seemed to get better when Kyle started dialing up better passing plays, getting the ball out if his hands faster and Helu came in and blocked the blitzes better.

Getting behind took Alfred out of the game, but Helu looked good

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Can you really tell me the reason your offense put up over 300 yards had nothing to do with Alfred fumbling on his fist carry, dropping a ball in the endzone, and Grif forcing it into triple coverage?

The spread high tempo is meant to wear them down by just how fast its running. Not only did you get to run fast, the D was on the field for almost the entire first half. That's on our O, not yours.

That stuff happens though.... We capitalized on your mistakes. Do players fumble? Do safeties happen? Do QB's force it? YES

Our special teams was very good and constantly had you backed up inside your 20, making it very tough for you to get anything going. And then guys made plays. Do I expect us to blow everyone out? No but we are a legit threat to win the division. All we need to do is to win 8 out of the next 15...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

That stuff happens though.... We capitalized on your mistakes. Do players fumble? Do safeties happen? Do QB's force it? YES

Our special teams was very good and constantly had you backed up inside your 20, making it very tough for you to get anything going. And then guys made plays. Do I expect us to blow everyone out? No but we are a legit threat to win the division. All we need to do is to win 8 out of the next 15...

Legit threat? Not sure about that. However, you're certainly not the 4-12 team you were last year. That said, the NFC East is definitely hard to call, and this game made it much harder to call.

I do think your defense is going to cost you some games, but that comes with the 4-3/3-4 conversion.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Legit threat? Not sure about that. However, you're certainly not the 4-12 team you were last year. That said, the NFC East is definitely hard to call, and this game made it much harder to call.

I do think your defense is going to cost you some games, but that comes with the 4-3/3-4 conversion.

By legit threat, I mean NFC East title contender which I think every fanbase in this division feels the same way. Our D will be up and down for sure but hopefully our special teams and run game will win us enough games.

Good luck against Green Bay next week though!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Uh, they happen but having them happen successively like that is exceedingly rare and very much an outlier. Especially with a team that preached and succeeded at protecting the football the year before. Regardless, those are the reasons your O was on the field so long, it wasn't on their ability as an O.

Your special team was pinning us back because Thompson was an idiot and consistently took it from way deep and tried to get fancy going east west. Confused
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 got his rhythm going. It also didn't help that we continued to let you guys get us underneath and then get tons of YAC.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys give it up.......our D will be suspect in coverage again and seeing today very possible in the run D. Rg3 did not look that good he played vanilla defense and even if not he and our O shuldnt be struggling against a new 3-4 eagles D

This we lost by 6 talk needs to die we got destroyed on both sides of the ball. All this from a new coaching staff next week we play a better offensive gb team who D is pretty quick.

Its one of those 6-10. /10-6 seasons .
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

You constantly had us backed up inside the 15 actually and that was because Chris Thompson doesn't know what he's doing when fielding punts around the 10 yard line and returning kicks. I put that on our special teams coach Burns. Thompson should have been planted at the 10 or 11, not the 8, and he shouldn't have fielded two of his punts and he should have taken a knee in the endZone on the kickoff.

If he did that, we start at the 20, instead of inside the 15 for three of our first half possessions

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
RG3 got his rhythm going. It also didn't help that we continued to let you guys get us underneath and then get tons of YAC.
True, but he needed that because he hasn't had any live action since January.

Crazy thing is, is that if Forbath makes FG and we kick an extra point instead of going for two, its a two point game and at the end there a FG would have won it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: