Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redsksins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Week 1: Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redsksins Reply with quote

When: Monday Night Football 9/9/13

Where: FedEx Field, Landover Maryland

Time: 8:00 PM EST

Line: WAS -3.5

The first game of the season is upon us and there are lot of uncertainties that the Redskins are going to face in this game as well as the what Eagles are going to face.

The Eagles were the off season champs signing a lot of free agents and bringing in a new head coach, new offensive coordinator and new defensive coordinator. The Eagles are also switching to the 3-4 defense and their offense is going to be an up tempo offense looking to score many points.

Quarterbacks:

Mike Vick vs. Robert Griffin

Vick feels rejuvinated in Kelly's offense and is back to having fun while RG3 is just back. He looked relaxed in preseason and looks ready to step onto the field and get the season started.

Running Backs:

Shady McCoy vs. Alfred Morris

When it comes to depth, no one is better at RB depth than Mike Shanahan. Alfred Morris was the 2nd best RB in the league last season and looks to capitalize on that this season. McCoy was banged up a lot last season and looks to have a healthier year this year.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends:

Jeremy Maclin is out. DeSean Jackson is always a threat, but then there is Jason Avant and Riley Cooper. Brent Celek and Travis Kelce are decent TE's and definitely something to keep an eye on.

Fred Davis, Logan Paulsen and Jordan Reed are all going to be threats in the Red Zone for the Skins and when you add in Pierre Garcon, who the Redskins were 9-1 when he played, Josh Morgan, Leonard Hankerson, Santana Moss and the deep threat of Aldrick Robinson, that is a lot of people to cover for a converting Eagles defense.

Offensive Line:

The Redskins had one of the best offensive lines in football last season. All managed to stay healthy and all have returned. The only week spot being Tyler Polumbus.

The Eagles offensive line was in shambles last season being riddled with injuries and their first round pick Lane Johnson is a rookie and will have to deal with the likes of speed rushers that he may have not seen before. All of the Eagles line seems to be back and healthy, but their biggest protection is going to be protecting Vick.

Defensive Line:

The Eagles added quite a few high name free agents to their defensive front and they have looked the part in preseason. The real question is going to be, can they stand up to a full season of quick paced offense vs their defense and the amount of time they will be on the field.

The Redskins defense concentrated on the secondary in the draft and lost one of its promising draft picks early in preseason, but with a healthy Brandon Meriweather and Bacarri Rambo coming into his own, David Amerson being what he was expected to be, the other CB's Hall and Wilson dont have so much on their plate.

Linebackers:

Eagles signed Connor Barwin and brought in Emmanuel Acho to go with Trent Cole and Mychal Kendricks. While Acho is not starting he is not a bad back up to DeMeco Ryans. The Eagles are primed for a run stopping defense at the LB position.

The Redskins didnt really address this area in the draft but have brought in key players to solidify the front. With London Fletcher and Perry Riley in the middle and a healthy Orakpo and Kerrigan on the edges, adding a situational pass rusher like Brandon Jenkins, Darryl Tapp and Nick Barnett for depth really helped the Redskins in their cap situation and their depth situation by adding quality depth.

Secondary:

The Redskins addressed this as a major weakness in their defense last season by drafting 3 secondary players. Add those players to Hall, Wilson and Meriweather will spark some youth movement as well as leadership from the veterans in a position that needed some spark. Amerson and Rambo should be good additions to the secondary while Minnifield and Biggers will be quality depth. Meriweather and Rambo should lock down the S positions and with quality depth of Reed Doughty and DeJon Gomes rounds out the positions nicely.

The Eagles decided to go the route of signing free agents Patrick Chung, Cary Williams, Bradley Fletcher, and drafted a promising S in Earl Wolfe. It might take some time for that secondary to gel, but on paper they look pretty promising.

Overall

Its going to come down to the ability of RGIII without any preseason work and coming off injury vs the Eagles adjusting their new offense, new defense, and overall mindset in the approach to football.

This is on Monday night. It is at FedEx. RGIII is playing. Crowd will be pumped.

I have a hard time seeing the Skins lose this one.

Eagles 17
Skins 31

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up mike23md. I don't have anything to really add except; Are you ready for some football? A Monday night party?? Laughing

Seriously though, I was just thinking what a long 11 days this is going to be until next Monday night at 8 pm to see the Redskins play.

It seems like forever to wait! Ugh Twisted Evil

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SJ9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'm pumped for that Monday night game as well can wait to see how rg3 comes back and really excited to see some of our young guys playin in games that matter now.

But one other thing guys don't forget since it's week one they run two Monday night games so kick off is at like 7:10 not 8 o'clock just fyi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I typically do most off seasons I am back from my FF Hiatus. Extremely excited to be attending this game (first time season ticket holder) and will be making the Trek from Upstate NY with my mother who's a converted Redskins and football fan (she's never attended an NFL game).

I'm ecstatic about this game. I feel like Robert will be putting a show and the Redskins will overpower the Eagles in all facets of the game. Anytime you give Mike Shanahan and Co. all offseason and training camp to prepare for one team his team typically dominates the opponent.

I'm expecting the Eagles to show a couple flash in the pan type plans (D Jax and McCoy anyone?) but other then that the Redskins should win.

HTTR and here's to an exciting and injury free season to both squads.

2013 Washington Redskins Season Ticket Holder

Hail to the Redskins
PSID412

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice write up and I'm excited to see it (Not working on the Tuesday so I can watch it live) but I think really we will win this by 10 points. I also look for Morris to get around 150 yards on the ground.

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 8 days away!!!!!! Omg,I can't wait! So ready for Redskins football. I'm thinking we win,but certainly nervous to see how Griffin does. Really excited to see Rambo throughout a full real game. I'm all in all,excited about every phase of the game though. I'll say Skins 31, eagles 17

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I swear I didn't even see you picked 31 -17 too Mike Wink

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Ha! I swear I didn't even see you picked 31 -17 too Mike Wink
I don't think our D will give up that many points, this isn't the 2012 D.

I'm going to say:

31-10 Redskins

I think our defense is going to play amazing and will even score a touchdown.

How bout an int return for Orakpo? Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike,

Nice write-up but will be Gumbs instead of Gomes, Murphy instead of Minnifield...
Really Exciting roster lineup this year though
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Hey Mike,

Nice write-up but will be Gumbs instead of Gomes, Murphy instead of Minnifield...
Really Exciting roster lineup this year though

Yeah, I did it prior to cuts.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-1

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you did there
Thaiphoon wrote:
0-1
Cool

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/redskinsbuzztap/status/374567509241778176

Nice breakdown by hogshaven on defending the Eagles Defending Eagles Packaged Play that they unveiled this preseason and how the Patriots showed us how to stop the double stacked WRs to each side with a run option

Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am way too over confident, but I dont see this being all that close!

I think Kerrigan is going to abuse Lane Johnson! I think Johnson is going to be a good player, but Kerrigan is a scary beast and this will be Johnson's first game in the NFL.....They wont be able to give him much help because Orakpo is going to be jacked out of his mind going against Peters who hasnt played in a year!!!

I dont think they are going to be able to stop our running attack.....A steady dose of Alfred Morris will wear down any team! When they start sucking wind they get Helu on 3rd down!!!!
They will also be dealing with the confusion factor. Swithcing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 takes time!! I see Roy and Fred having big games because their OLB are going to have to drop into coverage for the first time!!

As long as we can get off the field on 3rd down, and limit Shady to under 100 yards rushing.....this will be a blowout!!! 30-9 Skins!!!!HTTR
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Robert Griffin III has been named the Week 1 starter, Mike Shanahan just announced.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/374619302424739840
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: