You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who to pick on friday? Potential trade up?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VondyP

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Who to pick on friday? Potential trade up? Reply with quote

Now that we know we have Lewan, who would you like to see drafted at our 2nd round position. We don't have a 3rd.. but could/should we trade back up to get more value instead of participating so heavily in the "draft lottery" on saturday?

-----------------------------

My hopes:

1) With our 2nd round pick I hope we can be in a position to take Carlos Hyde. Greene and McCluster are not enough for our running game, since running is a HUGE part of the Tennessee offensive scheme and always will be. We have a good(dare I say great?) line now with Lewan starting(I assume) and Oher as a backup/rotational tackle until Roos inevitably leaves/retires after this season. That means we need a RB and Tennessee does love Ohio State RBs, and so do I(from Ohio).

If we take Carlos I would like to take McCarron in the 4th if he's available OR potentially trade our /4th/5th/6th and 7th for a 3rd to make sure we get him. Then spend the remaining saturday selections on lottery picks to fill depth.*

2) If we don't take Carlos I'd rather go best CB available, which I believe would be LaMarcus Joyner or Stanley Jean-Baptiste. Then make the same trade for McCarron.*

*If McCarron is gone and not possible for either of these scenarios I'd rather not take a QB until the 6th-7th round and pick up Tajh Boyd. He is a solid backup at least for a year and has big upside while costing us a very low pick. This can give us a chance to get another edge rusher to fill the depth chart in the 4th.

----------------------------------------

What do you think of my selections and what would you rather see? I'm sure no one wholeheartedly agrees with me, my picks are very biased because of my love for OSU.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Hyde but I think we should wait on running back until the 4th. Me personally want to pick up another pick today either another 2nd somehow or a 3rd with a trade back. If we do this I want to select either Attachou, Van Noy, or Nix with our first pick in the 2nd and Mettenberger with our 2nd pick today. Then grab a back in the 4th tomorrow
utkjoe

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I feel like they are going to go D-Line. Boring, just like pick 1.

I'm looking at Nix, Hageman or Tuitt. Maybe a rusher like Ealy or Lawrence if one of them falls.
VondyP

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we don't take Mettenberger.... the only way I see Locker losing his job is if he gets injured again, he has the skills to be a real QB in the league but injuries are killing his career. The only way he doesn't remain our QB is if he gets injured so we want to replace him with a guy who is already pre-injured????? No, for the love of god, no.

If Locker gets hurt we could have Boyd as a backup and limp through the season. Then either take a FA qb next season, use Boyd if he played well, or draft our next QB of the future. Picking a QB too high right now (other than McCarron) puts us in a weird spot for the next few years at QB and I really don't want to replace a broken QB with a broken QB.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me... if he's there... Nix is by far the biggest grab. He fills a position of need, and not long ago, he was being discussed as a possibility at 11.

I know there's no need at TE, but Jace Amaro intrigues me as well.

Of course, even if there's no immediate need, there's the glut of DE's (Jernigan, Hageman, Tuitt) and OLB's (Ealy, Crichton, Lawrence, Attachou) available.

I don't see value in CB's right here... OL is not an option.

Carr or Garappolo are interesting, although I'd rather stay away from QB until the 5th or later.

RB is definitely an option... need is there, and could have pick of the litter... although there may not be much a difference from a 2nd round back to a 4th round back in this draft.

WR could be in play, as some talent is available, even if it also doesn't appear to be an immediate fit.

To me, its:

Nix
Amaro
Everyone else, and outside of going OL, I won't be disgusted with the pick. QB would also annoy me, especially if its a QB not named Carr or Jimmy G (maybe even Savage would be alright).
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I am still going to say trade down....there is no RB worth pick #42 and we need more picks, make it happen Webster

Props to Kempes ^
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel it's going to be Hyde unfortunately. It seems Whiz wants to continue with building a power running game led by a game manager at QB. Having Hyde as the primary back, Greene as the power-back for occasional runs and McCluster as the COP/receiving back. Lewan and Hyde as our first 2 picks.... SMH

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
VondyP

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I feel it's going to be Hyde unfortunately. It seems Whiz wants to continue with building a power running game led by a game manager at QB. Having Hyde as the primary back, Greene as the power-back for occasional runs and McCluster as the COP/receiving back. Lewan and Hyde as our first 2 picks.... SMH

why is that bad? we finally have a decent defense, we just need an offense to score some points now!!

corner is a questionmark, but if ANYONE REMEMBERS, verner barely won a starting spot last year over tommie campbell. he had a pro bowl year but that was his only good year and clearly wasn't worth the gamble to see if he would be that good again. if campbell truly barely lost to verner last year we should be fine at CB with blidi as a 3 and we can pick a CB later. this is a CB-heavy draft and although analysts think CB is a weak spot for us, I really don't think it is that weak.

also... asante samuel is still a FA and we could just ignore CB since we didnt get one of the "premier's" and sign him as a solid veteran CB presence, whether he starts or not.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VondyP wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

why is that bad? we finally have a decent defense, we just need an offense to score some points now!!

corner is a questionmark, but if ANYONE REMEMBERS, verner barely won a starting spot last year over tommie campbell. he had a pro bowl year but that was his only good year and clearly wasn't worth the gamble to see if he would be that good again. if campbell truly barely lost to verner last year we should be fine at CB with blidi as a 3 and we can pick a CB later. this is a CB-heavy draft and although analysts think CB is a weak spot for us, I really don't think it is that weak.

also... asante samuel is still a FA and we could just ignore CB since we didnt get one of the "premier's" and sign him as a solid veteran CB presence, whether he starts or not.

Bc Hyde just isn't that good. That's why. He might be a slight upgrade over Greene. We already screwed up the 1st pick, can't do two in a row. A good RB will be available in round 4(Sims, West, Seastrunk, etc.). Rather go QB or defense(not CB). Guys like Carr, Nix, Attaochu, or Lawrence would be great to me.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
VondyP

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Bc Hyde just isn't that good. That's why. He might be a slight upgrade over Greene. We already screwed up the 1st pick, can't do two in a row. A good RB will be available in round 4(Sims, West, Seastrunk, etc.). Rather go QB or defense(not CB). Guys like Carr, Nix, Attaochu, or Lawrence would be great to me.

I guess I'll just agree to disagree. I'm an OSU fan and I watched him alot and I can tell you he is actually pretty good. And I don't think any other position than RB is a need for us.
NhTitan

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hageman please, that would not be a boring pick at all. He has an incredible ceiling. Nix makes sense too. CB later on.
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me either Carlos Hyde or a pass rusher.

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind Carr at all as a 2nd rounder, my personal pick is Jordan Matthews, would be good with Mason or Achu.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
Wouldn't mind Carr at all as a 2nd rounder, my personal pick is Jordan Matthews, would be good with Mason or Achu.

I love me some Jordan Matthews. Dude was a beast at Vandy. I remember back during Christmas break I was down in Tennessee visiting family and I watched a bowl game in which he made like two or three unbelievable catches.

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
615finest

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we taking Jeremy Hill
Texans nd Raiders will prolly get Carr nd Garropolo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: