Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Titans Draft Thread(2 DAYS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seferian- Jenkins is opting to have surgery on his foot to fix it. Could most likely miss the Washington pro day which should drop him down on some peoples boards. I think we could have him in the 2nd. I know it's not a big need or really a need at all but it would make me happy thinking about all of the things we could do with him on O.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would have likely been available in the 2nd for us regardless. He could drop to the 3rd round or later.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1973976-2014-nfl-draft-wyoming-qb-brett-smith-sees-beyond-the-doubters

Here's a rather lengthy article I found on Brett Smith, but it just drives home why I'd love to draft him in one of the middle rounds. I think he's really getting overlooked by the masses, and I really think that he offers the most upside of any of the mid round QBs that could end up being an option for us.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A list of Whisenhunts 1st round picks in Arizona...

2007 - OT Levi Brown
2008 - CB DRC
2009 - RB Beanie Wells
2010 - DT Dan Williams
2011 - CB Patrick Peterson
2012 - WR Michael Floyd

Not great but definitely not bad IMO. Brown and Wells are bust. DRC and Williams were solid to average. Peterson is a top 5 CB and Floyd has developed into a solid WR. With Ruston I think the two of them can make a good duo and get the right team in here. Rustons picks were Kendall Wright and Chance Warmack. Wright has become a very good weapon for us and looks to become one of better WRs in the league. Chance needs a lot of work but definitely can be one of the best OGs in the league.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really considering and really liking the idea of trading down, and getting back a 2nd to target... Garoppolo in the 2nd.

I'm still not sold on Locker not being the answer... but at the same time, I can't say that he's a no brainer slam dunk to take the next step. Whiz may also want to find his guy...

But now it seems like he's elevated his stock recently, and may not make it out of the first or very early part of the 2nd.

Of course, depending what they do in FA, the lack of that 3rd round pick limits our ability to take chances, needing those 2 first picks to fill holes. Unless Whiz is certain Garoppolo is the answer at QB, I don't think he has the luxury of risking that pick. We may be better off going with a player who instantly and significantly upgrades a position of need, whether it be RT, OLB, DL, or RB... instead of going after a guy who may or may not be better than the guy currently on the roster.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense but I wouldn't touch Garrapolo anywhere in the 1st 5 rounds. I'd probably take 10 QBs before him. If some team touches him in the 1st, I might laugh for days.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
I was really considering and really liking the idea of trading down, and getting back a 2nd to target... Garoppolo in the 2nd.

I'm still not sold on Locker not being the answer... but at the same time, I can't say that he's a no brainer slam dunk to take the next step. Whiz may also want to find his guy...

But now it seems like he's elevated his stock recently, and may not make it out of the first or very early part of the 2nd.

Of course, depending what they do in FA, the lack of that 3rd round pick limits our ability to take chances, needing those 2 first picks to fill holes. Unless Whiz is certain Garoppolo is the answer at QB, I don't think he has the luxury of risking that pick. We may be better off going with a player who instantly and significantly upgrades a position of need, whether it be RT, OLB, DL, or RB... instead of going after a guy who may or may not be better than the guy currently on the roster.

Heard on NFL Am we worked him out at his pro day. Didnt see this reported anywhere but they mentioned is along with a few other teams.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
No offense but I wouldn't touch Garrapolo anywhere in the 1st 5 rounds. I'd probably take 10 QBs before him. If some team touches him in the 1st, I might laugh for days.

On the surface I see nothing worst about him than I see with a lot of the other QBs.

He is an 2nd round pick. Borderline bottom of 1st to me.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

On the surface I see nothing worst about him than I see with a lot of the other QBs.

He is an 2nd round pick. Borderline bottom of 1st to me.

I agree. Dude threw for over 5,000 yards and 53 touchdowns just last year.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin :
2. Mike Martin :
gibbythemute

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If were gonna draft a QB I hope it's Mettenberger, preferably in Rd 4.

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it I really wouldn't be opposed to us trading down and grabbing Dee Ford later in round one if we have the opportunity. Dee is a great pass rusher who is only going to improve with pro coaching, and the thing I like the most about him is that he has an endless pursuit. Even when the play is past him he's still booking it down the field trying to make a tackle. I think he'll be a guy that can really improve our pass rush from day one, and I think with pro coaching he can turn into a really dominant player. I'm not really worried about his ability to drop into coverage as an OLB, because I think he has the athleticism to keep him up with TEs down the field. He wasn't asked to do it very often in Auburn's defense this year, but the times that I saw him drop into coverage the QB didn't throw his way, so I can only assume that he had a pretty good blanket on the TE. Once again his coverage skills can be improved on with NFL coaching, but this guy was a difference maker on every play at Auburn whether his hand was in the dirt or he was standing upright. I really think he'd be a valuable piece to our defense, and if we could trade down, pick up a 3rd round pick, and still land Dee that would be a really sweet scenario for us.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DP..

Last edited by ragevsuall17 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
The more I think about it I really wouldn't be opposed to us trading down and grabbing Dee Ford later in round one if we have the opportunity. Dee is a great pass rusher who is only going to improve with pro coaching, and the thing I like the most about him is that he has an endless pursuit. Even when the play is past him he's still booking it down the field trying to make a tackle. I think he'll be a guy that can really improve our pass rush from day one, and I think with pro coaching he can turn into a really dominant player. I'm not really worried about his ability to drop into coverage as an OLB, because I think he has the athleticism to keep him up with TEs down the field. He wasn't asked to do it very often in Auburn's defense this year, but the times that I saw him drop into coverage the QB didn't throw his way, so I can only assume that he had a pretty good blanket on the TE. Once again his coverage skills can be improved on with NFL coaching, but this guy was a difference maker on every play at Auburn whether his hand was in the dirt or he was standing upright. I really think he'd be a valuable piece to our defense, and if we could trade down, pick up a 3rd round pick, and still land Dee that would be a really sweet scenario for us.

He's been a favorite of mine since the tail end of the season, when I started noticing him. At the time, he was seen as a 3rd round prospect, and I would have been happy with the Titans taking him in the 2nd. Now that his stock has elevated, I wouldn't mind a trade down and grabbing him mid-late 1st. That's where my "Garoppolo scenario" stemmed from... Trade down to the early 20s, grab Dee, draft the best remaining OT with our original 2nd (or RB if we fill the OT need in FA), then grabbing Garoppolo with that extra 2nd.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24478567/pro-days-according-to-mora-olb-anthony-barr-runs-444

Barr ran a 4.44 electronic timed 40 at his pro day. Bench went up from 15 to 19.
Zumwalt ran a 4.61. Shaq Evans ran a 4.32.
I'm interested in all 3 UCLA guys.
615finest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24478567/pro-days-according-to-mora-olb-anthony-barr-runs-444

Barr ran a 4.44 electronic timed 40 at his pro day. Bench went up from 15 to 19.
Zumwalt ran a 4.61. Shaq Evans ran a 4.32.
I'm interested in all 3 UCLA guys.

I was jus finna post this!!

I wouldn't mind Shaq Evans in the later rounds at all
4.44 might have just moved Barr out of our reach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 40 of 64

Jump to: