Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Titans Draft Thread(2 DAYS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what we have to do, i want Zach Mettenberger.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:

Someone is impulsive.....I like Mettenberger but he is not worth a 2nd so we would have to add another pick somewhere....

Props to Kempes ^
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to stay far away from Mettenberger.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:

Someone is impulsive.....I like Mettenberger but he is not worth a 2nd so we would have to add another pick somewhere....

I kind of like him, but he isn't worth where he might go at this point.

He fits the mold of a Whiz kind of QB but I think other players might be better fit for what we are going to do this year at the QB Spot.

Locker is the starter, Fitz looks like the back up and the battle is going to be a the #3 Spot.

So I'd go the route of Tom Savage, Jeff Matthews..etc. Those are big QBs with strong arms. Kind of QB profile Whiz likes.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only QB I really want in the mid-rounds is Brett Smith. If he was available in the 4th, I'd jump on him. Give him a year to develop under Michaels and Whiz and he could be a star. Problem is, Whiz likes statue QBs so he'd probably go against drafting him.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
The only QB I really want in the mid-rounds is Brett Smith. If he was available in the 4th, I'd jump on him. Give him a year to develop under Michaels and Whiz and he could be a star. Problem is, Whiz likes statue QBs so he'd probably go against drafting him.

I know people love Brett and I don't dislike him. I don't see whats all the fuss about.
Maybe it was the system he played in, but I don't get the impression of a lot of defense reading from him. Stares down Wrs an awful lot.

But, to be honest. I don't really want any of the middle of pack QBs. If we gonna get a QB, I'd want one in the 1st or 2nd. If they don't trust Locker, lets not toy around with it. Let's make a move.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I know people love Brett and I don't dislike him. I don't see whats all the fuss about.
Maybe it was the system he played in, but I don't get the impression of a lot of defense reading from him. Stares down Wrs an awful lot.

But, to be honest. I don't really want any of the middle of pack QBs. If we gonna get a QB, I'd want one in the 1st or 2nd. If they don't trust Locker, lets not toy around with it. Let's make a move.

He's still raw. You gotta think, Wyoming doesn't exactly have great coaching. Something Brett has is great athleticism, amazingly fast release, and great accuracy on short and intermediate routes. Needs some work on deep balls but I think Wyoming's scheme is designed for short passes especially a lot of WR screens. I think he'd fit perfect with Wright in that aspect. Also like Brett's teammate Robert Herron. Didn't exactly have a great 40 time but it seems everytime he touches the ball, he's getting YAC.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I agree with that i think if we can trade back from 11, and add another 2nd or a third, we should use one on mettenberger i really love the kids tape, he seems to alway make sharp throws, he has a good feel for the pocket, his arm strength and accuracy are both there, and he has shown the ability to throw the ball away when necessary in order to avoid turnovers, he is very poised at such a young age, the guy screams winning football and i think id be a big mistake to do draft him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to SVP and Russilo on ESPN radio today and they did a mock draft for the 8 teams they said could use a QB. Russilo said he thinks Locker can play and then had us drafting Evans at #11. Didn't get to hear his explanation.

As bad as we have been on offense and considering Locker's biggest issue outside of injury has been accuracy it's hard to argue against adding a receiver with a big body and strong hands.. but I just can't see us investing a top draft pick on another WR after the last two drafts. But I'm not a GM.
Mac 9 for LiFE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Listening to SVP and Russilo on ESPN radio today and they did a mock draft for the 8 teams they said could use a QB. Russilo said he thinks Locker can play and then had us drafting Evans at #11. Didn't get to hear his explanation.

As bad as we have been on offense and considering Locker's biggest issue outside of injury has been accuracy it's hard to argue against adding a receiver with a big body and strong hands.. but I just can't see us investing a top draft pick on another WR after the last two drafts. But I'm not a GM.

Great player but I would be pretty upset if we went that route.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac 9 for LiFE wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

I don't see us drafting a WR early. Lot of young talent with Wright, Hunter and I think Preston could be a good receiver if given the opportunity.

I wouldn't be shocked though if we took a guy like ASJ in the 2nd to pair with Walker. Cut Stevens, save money, he isn't worth 4 million. ASJ is a big tall guy that even Locker shouldn't be able to over throw. He is a red zone threat, could be on the field at the same time as Walker and create big problems for defenses somewhat like New England. ASJ would give Locker that big safety blanket guy. Not to mention Whiz and Michael being TE guys.

I'd like to see a formation something like this or some variation.

Wright - Roos/Levitre/Schwenke/Warmack/Stingily/ASJ - Hunter
-------------------- ---- - Locker
--- ------------- Walker
--------------- ------------- RB?

Someone would have to actually be worried about the FB coming out to catch a pass. You could motion Walker out as a WR, make the D show man or zone for Locker.
You could do trips to Wright's side with ASJ/Walker. Two good blockers for a screen play. Or some big bodies to allow Wright a clean break off the line. Then still draw a 1 on 1 situation with Hunter depending on how your drew up the routes. I think you could create a lot of mismatches on the field and make the defense think more.
Damian Stafford
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Mac 9 for LiFE wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

I don't see us drafting a WR early. Lot of young talent with Wright, Hunter and I think Preston could be a good receiver if given the opportunity.

I wouldn't be shocked though if we took a guy like ASJ in the 2nd to pair with Walker. Cut Stevens, save money, he isn't worth 4 million. ASJ is a big tall guy that even Locker shouldn't be able to over throw. He is a red zone threat, could be on the field at the same time as Walker and create big problems for defenses somewhat like New England. ASJ would give Locker that big safety blanket guy. Not to mention Whiz and Michael being TE guys.

I'd like to see a formation something like this or some variation.

Wright - Roos/Levitre/Schwenke/Warmack/Stingily/ASJ - Hunter
-------------------- ---- - Locker
--- ------------- Walker
--------------- ------------- RB?

Someone would have to actually be worried about the FB coming out to catch a pass. You could motion Walker out as a WR, make the D show man or zone for Locker.
You could do trips to Wright's side with ASJ/Walker. Two good blockers for a screen play. Or some big bodies to allow Wright a clean break off the line. Then still draw a 1 on 1 situation with Hunter depending on how your drew up the routes. I think you could create a lot of mismatches on the field and make the defense think more.

I like that formation and lining Walker up in the backfield and motioning him would definately make for a better read for the QB. I think ASJ will come off the board before the Titan pick in the 2nd round though.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
NhTitan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it UTmoc

ASJ makes a lot of sense for us in round 2. I think he really improves our offense and gives Whiz a new toy, I like the flexibilty of having Walker and ASJ. We need a fast guy somewhere in the draft I think, to play outside.

I think I will incorporate a TE high in my next draft.
TitanJo33

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CJ is gone that second round pick will be a running back unless we trade down in the first to grab more picks ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanJo33 wrote:
If CJ is gone that second round pick will be a running back unless we trade down in the first to grab more picks ...

I think we could wait until the fourth and still get a good RB. A guy like Sims, Wilder Jr, etc should be there. Maybe even a couple of the bigger names. RB's don't go like they used to.
Damian Stafford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 39 of 64

Jump to: