Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Titans Draft Thread(2 DAYS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Pollard isn't resigned I'm going to pee my pants. Don't say such things.

Anyone have an idea what are plans with Zaviar Gooden are? Was he drafted just as depth or was there intention to start him somewhere on our defense at some point? I realize it's unlikely, but I had wondered if there was anyway they move Brown around at LB and use Gooden as the WLB.

As far as CB goes.. I really liked Blidi Wreh-Wilson before we drafted him and I'm hoping he stays healthy and can earner that 2nd CB spot. I don't want to see Verner go, but I am afraid you are right.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can sign both Verner and Pollard. Releasing Wimbley will give up some cap room to do that and Ruston Webster said he is not opposed to working on a deal with Verner during the season this year, on the radio.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin
NhTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never to early to think about the draft.

Cj will not be here next year, so I am looking at Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor, he could go late first/second depending on his production this year. I hope Greene comes back and gets the majority of reps after the break. Maybe CJ can KR/PR??

I really hope that we are not stupid enough to let pollard and Verner leave this place. Totally fine with getting Britt, CJ and Wimbley off the payroll, so we can pay those guys and Morgan.

The two big DT's are attractive upgrades for our D-Line. My preference would be Hageman at this point, he's quickier off the line than Nix and we need more of an inside push. Martin,Johnson, Klug and Hill have all been decent though those guys would be upgrades no doubt. Still wish we took Star.

Top needs at this point, in no order

RB
DE
RT
MLB

Could use UPG

TE
DT
WR(Always)
Iceman88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly when looking at the needs that we have I would look to move back in the first and add some picks. This is purely because this draft is really deep, however in the spot where we will likely be drafting (15-20) the prospects are a little uninspiring. I would move back with SF (who has a billion picks and likely will turn things around and be in contention for the SB) and look to add our 3rd back and their 3rd and then I would draft like this....

1st- Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
2nd- David Yankey, OT, Stanford
3rd- Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami
3rd- Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State or Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin
4th- Charles Sims, RB, WVU

I know that this may be a fantasy but I think it would be a decent draft for us that would help start to build a true winner. Crichton could be great opposite Morgan. Yankey would instantly replace Stewart. Perryman is a freak in the middle and would help us replace another Miami ILB in McCarthy. I love Robinson being a PSU fan and I think that he would be great as a red zone threat for Locker. Abbrederis would give us some more speed and would be a decent option if Robinson is gone. And Sims is quietly having a good season in WVU and could really develop into something. Note: I have us resigning Verner in this scenario.

Props to Kempes ^
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Honestly when looking at the needs that we have I would look to move back in the first and add some picks. This is purely because this draft is really deep, however in the spot where we will likely be drafting (15-20) the prospects are a little uninspiring. I would move back with SF (who has a billion picks and likely will turn things around and be in contention for the SB) and look to add our 3rd back and their 3rd and then I would draft like this....

1st- Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
2nd- David Yankey, OT, Stanford
3rd- Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami
3rd- Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State or Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin
4th- Charles Sims, RB, WVU

I know that this may be a fantasy but I think it would be a decent draft for us that would help start to build a true winner. Crichton could be great opposite Morgan. Yankey would instantly replace Stewart. Perryman is a freak in the middle and would help us replace another Miami ILB in McCarthy. I love Robinson being a PSU fan and I think that he would be great as a red zone threat for Locker. Abbrederis would give us some more speed and would be a decent option if Robinson is gone. And Sims is quietly having a good season in WVU and could really develop into something. Note: I have us resigning Verner in this scenario.

I could definitely get behind this. I started watching some film on Crichton and I've liked what I've seen so far. He looks like a pretty complete DE at this point in his game, and I do think we could trade back in the first round and still land him. I'd also love to get that 3rd round pick back somehow, and you're right the 49ers are the perfect trade partner in this scenario. Basically, they'd just be giving us back the 3rd we gave them to grab Hunter, so that could work out rather nicely.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2013 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Delanie Walker
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know TE isn't nearly our biggest need but Eric Ebron looks so good. He's like a better Jared Cook. UNC lines him up everywhere and he delivers weekly. Adding him would solve our TE need (which isn't that big a need imo) and our potential WR need.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
I know TE isn't nearly our biggest need but Eric Ebron looks so good. He's like a better Jared Cook. UNC lines him up everywhere and he delivers weekly. Adding him would solve our TE need (which isn't that big a need imo) and our potential WR need.

Amen, brother. He's my favorite TE in this year's class. He could definitely be that big athletic TE that we've been seeking.

Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Amen, brother. He's my favorite TE in this year's class. He could definitely be that big athletic TE that we've been seeking.

I love what I am seeing from him however we just signed Walker and we do not have an abundance of picks so other than maybe a late round gamble I cannot see us drafting a TE.

Props to Kempes ^
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at CBSSports mock drafts, and Rob Rang had us taking Khalil Mack from Buffalo. While I worry about his level of competition at Buffalo, I can understand wanting his pass rush ability in a weak DE class as far as elite talent goes. I think it seems like a weird pick with Ayers/Brown being able to get to the QB, and I would think that we would like to give Gooden a chance to be a factor at some point. Our OLB's would be pretty overcrowded in this scenario. I'm only bringing this up because this pick kind of caught me off guard, and I was wondering what you guys thought about Mack?

-Hope-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could get Duke Johnson somehow. Dude is so good.

And yes, I'm aware he's not draft-eligible, but still. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

Melvin Gordon is draft eligible AND he's better than Duke Johnson Wink

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
NhTitan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
I was looking at CBSSports mock drafts, and Rob Rang had us taking Khalil Mack from Buffalo. While I worry about his level of competition at Buffalo, I can understand wanting his pass rush ability in a weak DE class as far as elite talent goes. I think it seems like a weird pick with Ayers/Brown being able to get to the QB, and I would think that we would like to give Gooden a chance to be a factor at some point. Our OLB's would be pretty overcrowded in this scenario. I'm only bringing this up because this pick kind of caught me off guard, and I was wondering what you guys thought about Mack?

While I admire his skill set, not sure about the pick too be honest. He looks like a OLB in a very similar mold to ayers but may be a little stronger. Either he would be moved to DE permantly or Ayers.

Did anyone else watch Hageman today for Minnesota, absolutely distroyed their line. He is my early favourite! Him and Casey would be an awesome tandem!
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

I think that Melvin Gordon is going to be a very special player in the NFL. Maybe we'd pull another shocker Chris Johnson esque pick in this year's draft and pick him if he comes out?

-Hope-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

I think that Melvin Gordon is going to be a very special player in the NFL. Maybe we'd pull another shocker Chris Johnson esque pick in this year's draft and pick him if he comes out?

I dunno...when I watch Melvin Gordon I see Chris Johnson with a little more power and less speed. Not sure if I care for that. Duke runs tougher than either of them, and that's what I like about him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Duke is going to be a great pro too, and I honestly would not mind drafting him either when he becomes eligible if we decide to stick with CJ another year. At this point I just think that CJ is on the decline, and we need to be proactive in finding his replacement. I'm a Stanford fan, so I've been keeping close tabs on Barry Sanders Jr. as well. I can't wait to see him get a legit shot next year to be the feature back, because in his limited sample size he looks eerily similar to his dad in running style. It's exciting to say the least.

Last edited by SerenityNow on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 8 of 64

Jump to: