You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Titans Draft Thread(2 DAYS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A player that really caught my eye saturday in the Alabama @ A&M game, was 'Bamas RT Austin Shepherd. I know that we might be in the market for a RT within the next two years, when Stewarts contract ends. Shepherd is a junior, so he could enter this years draft. But how many first year starters at RT does that? I'm counting him as a '15 prospect.

He looked solid in passprotection, nothing great or spectacular but he got the job done. As a runblocker, he moved people. He opened a lot of holes and was a big reason why Yeldon got it going in the second half. Definitely a guy I will watch closer!

He looks a bit bigger than the 6'5 315lbs he is listed as. EDIT: Just noticed this picture is from his red. freshman season. He might have trimmed down the weight to 315.

Last year I was the Head Scout and the year before that, just a regular scout. But I'm game for whatever you need!

^^^
One of the best scouts in FFMD.
VY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
If Locker isn't the answer, we need to go for broke to get a top QB. This team is a good QB away from being very special.

Agreed. Need to take advantage of this solid o-line before the OT's cycle out or play drops off.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 32 Prospects IMO after Week 2(Week 3 of College)

1.) Jadeveon Clowney, DE, USCe
2.) Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
3.) Anthony Barr, SLB/DE, UCLA
4.) Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
5.) Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
6.) Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
7.) Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
8.) Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
9.) Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
10.) Haha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
11.) Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
12.) CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama
13.) Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
14.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
15.) Khalil Mack, SLB/DE, Buffalo
16.) Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
17.) Will Sutton, DT/DE, Arizona State
18.) Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT, Notre Dame
19.) Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
20.) Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
21.) Dominique Easly, DE/DT, Florida
22.) Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU
23.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
24.) Marquis Lee, WR, USC
25.) Christian Jones, LB, Florida State
26.) Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
27.) Aaron Lynch, DE, USF
28.) Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
29.) Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
30.) Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
31.) Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford
32.) Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 3 weeks of play, what are the top 3 positions in need of improvement? I'll go....

1. OL - I think tackle and center need an upgrade, especially in pass protection.
2. DL - I think we need a legit pass rusher or a guy that can eat up blockers to allow the other guys to get to the QB.
3. MLB - I think a pure tackling MLB would help a lot.

HM - DB and TE
PSN: J-SLeeZY87
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:
After 3 weeks of play, what are the top 3 positions in need of improvement? I'll go....

1. OL - I think tackle and center need an upgrade, especially in pass protection.
2. DL - I think we need a legit pass rusher or a guy that can eat up blockers to allow the other guys to get to the QB.

HM - DB and TE

Hmm...i'm trying to be objective.
Cause I like our DL and want them to do well. But i think a pass rushing DE. A beast of a dude would sit well with me.

I think our OL is fine at the moment just need to get better at pass pro and thats looking at Warmack and the Center.

a MLB would be on the list but not high up. If one is there get him, if not Foku is doing a pretty good job.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) CB - We need a CB who can be physical and play man. Verner is likely gone after the season.

2.) SS - Pollards contract is up after this season and we need a starter. Wilson is good in the 3rd safety role.

3.) DE - Ropati is on a 1 year deal and isn't the answer long term. We need to stay with the idea of a bigger DE but a guy who can also rush the passer.

4.) MLB - Fokou isn't the answer and McCarthy doesn't seem like it either due to injuries although I do think he's better than Fokou.

5.) DT - I like our rotation but adding another beast beside Casey would do wonders.

6.) OT - Don't feel it's a big need. I think Stewart needs replacing before Roos. Stewart can't even practice a full week anymore. Both are under contract until after next season and I don't think it's a issue where we have to draft one high. Munchak and Bruce can develop one. Hell both Otto and Stingily have looked solid when they've played.

I see no reason for O-Line to be that high especially a center. Our future starting center is on the bench. OT's are not really a need.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:

HM - DB and TE

Hmm...i'm trying to be objective.
Cause I like our DL and want them to do well. But i think a pass rushing DE. A beast of a dude would sit well with me.

I think our OL is fine at the moment just need to get better at pass pro and thats looking at Warmack and the Center.

a MLB would be on the list but not high up. If one is there get him, if not Foku is doing a pretty good job.

I like our DL a lot as well, but I think they are missing 1 key piece to take them to elite level.

I think center is the obvious need, but looking towards the future, I believe we will need to upgrade the tackle spots soon. Maybe not a top tier tackle, but a guy late 1st or early 2nd round caliber that can play back up for a year or 2 and take over for one of, Roos or Stewart, which ever one leaves
first.

As for MLB, I think Foku does play well for his ability, but it still seems vacant to me. I think we need an impact MLB.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
1.) CB - We need a CB who can be physical and play man. Verner is likely gone after the season.

2.) SS - Pollards contract is up after this season and we need a starter. Wilson is good in the 3rd safety role.

3.) DE - Ropati is on a 1 year deal and isn't the answer long term. We need to stay with the idea of a bigger DE but a guy who can also rush the passer.

4.) MLB - Fokou isn't the answer and McCarthy doesn't seem like it either due to injuries although I do think he's better than Fokou.

5.) DT - I like our rotation but adding another beast beside Casey would do wonders.

6.) OT - Don't feel it's a big need. I think Stewart needs replacing before Roos. Stewart can't even practice a full week anymore. Both are under contract until after next season and I don't think it's a issue where we have to draft one high. Munchak and Bruce can develop one. Hell both Otto and Stingily have looked solid when they've played.

I see no reason for O-Line to be that high especially a center. Our future starting center is on the bench. OT's are not really a need.

1. I would like to see what Blindi Wreh-Wilson can do on the outside. I was a fan of him before the draft and was estatic that we were able to pick him up that late. If Verner is indeed gone and Wreh-Wilson doesn't seem to give any hope as a replacement.. than CB should be our #1 need, no doubt. Roby is really the only guy I like in the first round.

2. I would like to see Pollard resigned. No, he isn't outstanding in coverage, but I think he is a big part of the attitude change in our defense. Agreed on Wilson.

3. Pass rushing DE is my #1 need if CB isn solved with someone already on the roster, which I'm predicting it will be.

4. As far as MLB, we don't have a great one on our roster but we are getting the job done. I would look for us to draft one around the 4th round.

5. I like the rotation at DT. I feel there are bigger needs now and what we have is formidable for another year.

6. Pretty much the only thing I disagree with you on. I do feel like OT is a need because I feel the odds are that Stewart only has a season and a half left with the Titans. Rather than wait until 2015 and try to get someone I'd prefer to draft someone in the first 3-4 rounds to replace him and let them set a year.

I'm going to add a #7 to your list that a lot of people will probably disagree with.... Tight End. This is not an issue with Delanie Walker. I like what he brings to the team. But Walker is probably the shortest Tight End in the league and doesn't offer as much of a mismatch as the over the top tight ends. What he does offer is great run-blocking with that fullback hitting mentality that he has.

I propose that we go out and draft someone at TE for Locker to be able to rely on as a possesion receiver. We have 0 possession receivers on the team right now, barring the emergence of Justin Hunter, and the Titans like to run in a lot of 2 TE sets. Drafting another TE, like ASJ, would give Locker a possession reciever and a big red-zone target. Would give the offense a little less predictability out of the 2 TE sets. And would allow us to continue to us Delanie Walker as a H-back type player. motioning into the backfield as a blocker.

Our team relies solely on Locker's success. Why not give him one more option? Are there bigger needs? Probably, but I just have a gut feeling that a big receiving threat at TE would really propel our offense forward. Walker is a decent receiver, but doesn't have the best hands and doesn't give us the option to go over the top of the defender like the 6'6" ASJ does.
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

1. I would like to see what Blindi Wreh-Wilson can do on the outside. I was a fan of him before the draft and was estatic that we were able to pick him up that late. If Verner is indeed gone and Wreh-Wilson doesn't seem to give any hope as a replacement.. than CB should be our #1 need, no doubt. Roby is really the only guy I like in the first round.

2. I would like to see Pollard resigned. No, he isn't outstanding in coverage, but I think he is a big part of the attitude change in our defense. Agreed on Wilson.

3. Pass rushing DE is my #1 need if CB isn solved with someone already on the roster, which I'm predicting it will be.

4. As far as MLB, we don't have a great one on our roster but we are getting the job done. I would look for us to draft one around the 4th round.

5. I like the rotation at DT. I feel there are bigger needs now and what we have is formidable for another year.

6. Pretty much the only thing I disagree with you on. I do feel like OT is a need because I feel the odds are that Stewart only has a season and a half left with the Titans. Rather than wait until 2015 and try to get someone I'd prefer to draft someone in the first 3-4 rounds to replace him and let them set a year.

I'm going to add a #7 to your list that a lot of people will probably disagree with.... Tight End. This is not an issue with Delanie Walker. I like what he brings to the team. But Walker is probably the shortest Tight End in the league and doesn't offer as much of a mismatch as the over the top tight ends. What he does offer is great run-blocking with that fullback hitting mentality that he has.

I propose that we go out and draft someone at TE for Locker to be able to rely on as a possesion receiver. We have 0 possession receivers on the team right now, barring the emergence of Justin Hunter, and the Titans like to run in a lot of 2 TE sets. Drafting another TE, like ASJ, would give Locker a possession reciever and a big red-zone target. Would give the offense a little less predictability out of the 2 TE sets. And would allow us to continue to us Delanie Walker as a H-back type player. motioning into the backfield as a blocker.

Our team relies solely on Locker's success. Why not give him one more option? Are there bigger needs? Probably, but I just have a gut feeling that a big receiving threat at TE would really propel our offense forward. Walker is a decent receiver, but doesn't have the best hands and doesn't give us the option to go over the top of the defender like the 6'6" ASJ does

I completely agree with the bolded. If there isn't a top notch play maker on DL or DB, depending on where we pick in the 1st round , then TE is the pick. Hopefully, if it plays out like that, ASJ will be there come our pick.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call Nate Washington and Damien Williams both possession receivers. both are guys who aren't running past anybody, but still manage to get open and move the chains. That's what a possession WR is.

**RIP Steve McNair**
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say:

1. CB
2. DE
3. DT (more of a pass rusher style)

Assuming Locker progresses.

Britt is gone but we spent a 1 and 2 recently plus Nate. OL we have signed and drafted. HBwe set.

Defensively we got great LBers at Ayers and Brown. In today's NFL two is enough.

Need to get a shutdown man cover CB. Verner has his moments but he isn't a man guy.

Otherwise, get more.pass rush ability on that DL, ala Giants during their super bowls. Nix imo is more a NT, and we got that in casey.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I would say:

1. CB
2. DE

Britt is gone but we spent a 1 and 2 recently plus Nate. OL we have signed and drafted. HBwe set.

Defensively we got great LBers at Ayers and Brown. In today's NFL two is enough.

Need to get a shutdown man cover CB. Verner has his moments but he isn't a man guy.

Otherwise, get more.pass rush ability on that DL, ala Giants during their super bowls. Nix imo is more a NT, and we got that in casey.

Agreed on the pass-rusher style DT and there's plenty in this draft with guys like Easley, Sutton, Hageman, etc. Their first steps are amazing for DT's. I'd love to get Roby to pair with McCourty but I don't see us picking that high.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I would say:

1. CB
2. DE

If that's the route we go, how about a guy like Easley out of Florida? He can play DE and move inside at DT, I think he can develop into a really good pass rusher while still making an impact along the way.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of MLB, ttitansfan4life can you tell me about Denzel Perryman. I've watched some Miami games last year and a little bit of the UF game and everytime I watch, he "pops" out to me. I know MLB isn't our biggest need but I would select him in the 2nd.

Early on I wouldn't mind our draft playing out something like this (not including comp. picks)

1.Dominique Easley DT/DE
2.Denzel Perryman MLB
4.OT
5.S
6.DE
7.TE
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verner has been a stud these first three weeks and has always been a quality player. There aren't a ton of No. 2 corners that I would take over him. Yes, he doesn't have the deep speed you'd want, but frankly, you're going to have to be pretty lucky to hit on a guy that is a better player/playmaker than Vern in the draft. In the end, he'll probably walk for bigger money elsewhere, but I'm not sure it's wise to assume he won't be back next year.

Would be nice to have another corner capable of occasionally manning the outside to allow us to use Verner all over the field in nickel and dime situations.

Props to mike23md on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 3 of 64

Jump to: