Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LaMichael James Suffers Sprained MCL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: LaMichael James Suffers Sprained MCL Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 14m
Report: 49ers' LaMichael James suffers sprained MCL http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000236492/article/report-49ers-lamichael-james-suffers-sprained-mcl?campaign=Twitter_atl

James was our starting KR/PR and was the 3rd RB, but this shouldn't be that big of a loss. Williams will likely take over the return duties, and Hunter is looking healthy as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: LaMichael James Suffers Sprained MCL Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 14m
Report: 49ers' LaMichael James suffers sprained MCL http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000236492/article/report-49ers-lamichael-james-suffers-sprained-mcl?campaign=Twitter_atl

James was our starting KR/PR and was the 3rd RB, but this shouldn't be that big of a loss. Williams will likely take over the return duties, and Hunter is looking healthy as well.

MCLs are tough; I've torn both of mine, including once while playing in HS before my senior season. They're nagging injuries but with some rest and recuperation, shouldn't keep anyone out long. They're weird in that they can go from feeling okay to debilitating without much warning.

It's a shame because James is one of my favorite non-Texans in the league and I love watching him in SF's offense. Hopefully he can come back and be effective down the stretch this season.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to hear this for lamike, will be forever loyal to what he did for Oregon, no matter what team he's on.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Hate to hear this for lamike, will be forever loyal to what he did for Oregon, no matter what team he's on.

You do know he didn't tear it right? He only sprained it. He'll be out for 3 weeks. It's pretty minor compared to most injuries, even a shoulder dislocation or a contusion could leave you out for 2-3 weeks. He'll be fine.
tom cody

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be out a couple games but should be back by the end of September.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
imani wrote:

You do know he didn't tear it right? He only sprained it. He'll be out for 3 weeks. It's pretty minor compared to most injuries, even a shoulder dislocation or a contusion could leave you out for 2-3 weeks. He'll be fine.

You do know a sprain is still a partial tear right.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
imani wrote:

I'm Fully aware. I just want James to finish with a great career.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
neezy007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore, Hunter and Dixon will be our top 3 for a few weeks. It shouldn't be a big deal. He didn't see the field till the end of the season last year.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge loss, but I was looking forward to see what he can do at full strength

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
imani wrote:

Given what I've seen from him around this site, I'd say he doesn't know that...or much else, now that I think of it.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
imani wrote:

I'm Fully aware. I just want James to finish with a great career.

Yeah, I agree with you. The guy is a tough too, he took tons of big hits as a KR and keeps popping back up. I actually keep his Oregon montage/highlights on youtube to use as motivation for training.

@ Elite Texan

No, I didn't know it was a partial tear, being that it says "sprain". Sorry If I sounded ignorant as I didn't mean to come off that way.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
imani wrote:

Given what I've seen from him around this site, I'd say he doesn't know that...or much else, now that I think of it.

Man, you're really taking advantage of not being a mod anymore. Laughing

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: