Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LMJ Diagnosed With a Sprain MCL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: LMJ Diagnosed With a Sprain MCL Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 14m
Report: 49ers' LaMichael James suffers sprained MCL http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000236492/article/report-49ers-lamichael-james-suffers-sprained-mcl?campaign=Twitter_atl

Well then, does this mean we keep Hampton?

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: LMJ Diagnosed With a Sprain MCL Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 14m
Report: 49ers' LaMichael James suffers sprained MCL http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000236492/article/report-49ers-lamichael-james-suffers-sprained-mcl?campaign=Twitter_atl

Well then, does this mean we keeo Hampton?

I'm guessing no, considering we'll have Gore, Hunter, Dixon, and Hampton would force us to leave off someone else who might actually play. If anything, the longer James' injury lasts, it just makes it far more likely he'll remain out of our future plans as well.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
757-NINER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to keep Hampton. LMJ will be out for probably a month or so. No big deal really. He was going to be the 3rd string back anyways. Might mean we take a closer look at keeping Hawkins around, as he has value as returner. And if something happened to K-10, who I'm assuming will handle punt and kick returns for us, they would have someone on the roster who could step in and assume that role.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
No need to keep Hampton. LMJ will be out for probably a month or so. No big deal really. He was going to be the 3rd string back anyways. Might mean we take a closer look at keeping Hawkins around, as he has value as returner. And if something happened to K-10, who I'm assuming will handle punt and kick returns for us, they would have someone on the roster who could step in and assume that role.

I like that, Hawkins is an explosive player who could step right in for Williams in case something happens to him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way hampton runs, but I'd prefer to keep him on the practice squad. I do feel he's worth keeping around though. If lamike is only going to miss 4 games or we probably won't pup him anyway

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks but Gore and Hunter should beast it up. James will only be out 3 weeks I read anyway. We'll be fine.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
It sucks but Gore and Hunter should beast it up. James will only be out 3 weeks I read anyway. We'll be fine.

At first, I wasn't too concerned. Then I remembered about his returning duties... I'm a little disappointed. I was really looking forward to what he could do on punts. But Kyle and Perrish can do the job in the meantime.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
BangBang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cox looked real nice with the ball in his hands. Very Happy

No problem with him returning punts until LaMike gets back.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:

He did get some nice penetration in enemy territory.

clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

At first, I wasn't too concerned. Then I remembered about his returning duties... I'm a little disappointed. I was really looking forward to what he could do on punts. But Kyle and Perrish can do the job in the meantime.

I was kind of worried with LaMike back there. He never seemed to steady under the ball. I saw him dive 5 times too many

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
BangBang wrote:

He did get some nice penetration in enemy territory.

I bet your mother's are proud you two....... Laughing

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I was kind of worried with LaMike back there. He never seemed to steady under the ball. I saw him dive 5 times too many

Didn't he have, like... 2 punt returns, in preseason? How did he possibly dive 5 times too many? Are you sure you're not thinking about 2011 playoffs Kyle Williams here?

BangBang

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Didn't he have, like... 2 punt returns, in preseason? How did he possibly dive 5 times too many? Are you sure you're not thinking about 2011 playoffs Kyle Williams here?

I was thinking the same thing. Laughing

I don't recall James messing anything up.
Ataal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

If he was talking about this preseason, you're right. I don't remember any memorably horrible plays. Last preseason is a whole different story. He made 2011 NFCG Kyle Williams look elite at returns.

Glad to see the improvement.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
BangBang wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

If he was talking about this preseason, you're right. I don't remember any memorably horrible plays. Last preseason is a whole different story. He made 2011 NFCG Kyle Williams look elite at returns.

Glad to see the improvement.

Last year, LaMike wasn't used returning punts. Did you mean preseason? If so, should that really matter? The kid was fresh out of college, and I don't know if he was on punt return duty back then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: