Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Week 1: Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars Reply with quote

Week One: ANUSTART

The Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

@

Your Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0)

Matchups to watch for:

1. Gus Bradley vs Andy Reid: This may seem like a cop out, but it isn't, I swear. New addition at Head Coach Andy Reid has brought his flavor of West Coast offense to the Chiefs (along with a new QB from San Francisco). Gus Bradley has brought his exciting 4-3 Under defense to the Jaguars from Seattle. The biggest key to this game will likely come down to how Gus Bradley's defense can contain Andy Reid's offfense. Will Andy Reid's offense regain it's once potent form, or will Gus Bradley's defense scheme continue its success?

2. Blaine Gabbert vs a game planning defense: We've seen the strides that Gabbert has made in the offseason, but are they enough to carry over into the regular season? He gets his first chance to show that he isn't just another offseason wonder. His first test is against last year's worst pass defense (QB Rating). If Gabbert is to prove his detractors wrong, he will need to show that he can feast on these defenses when he has the chance. Yes, the Chiefs have a new defensive coordinator and some seemingly nice additions as well as returning players and should be improved, but there will be no excuses made for Gabbert.

* Interesting note: this was lifted nearly word for word (down to worst pass defense) from last year's season opener

3. Cecil Shorts vs Brandon Flowers/Sean Smith: Last year's break out near-superstar has been held to limited action throughout preseason and will get his first large load of gameday action week one. Shorts, who has reportedly added weight (and looks ripped), speed and agility in the dead season stood out as the star of the entire offseason, making play after play seemingly every day before injury took him out of action. Getting his first real game experience since a concussion ended his season, can Cecil take the next step that seemingly every Jaguars fan is expecting and do it against a couple talented corners?

Normally we only get three, but yay football!

4. Jaguars Secondary vs Alex Smith: The past two years, while in San Francisco, Alex Smith looked like a competent QB capable of not only managing a team, but able to, on occasion, lead an offense to huge point outputs. A concussion, as well as the emergence of Colin Kaepernick, ended Alex Smith's tenure in San Fran. Will Alex be able to carry over his success under Harbaugh in Andy Reid's offense against a very raw secondary?

5. Eugene Monroe vs Tamba Hali: Last year, Eugene Monroe opened the season against a Defensive End that was then viewed as the best in the NFL. As suggested by yours truly, Monroe had a chance to begin building a case for himself as a top 10 LT with that game, and he did so, shutting down Jared Allen. This year, Eugene enters his contract year against another elite pass rusher in Hali. Eugene has a chance to not only solidify himself as a top 10 guy, but to prove that he can be elite and earn himself a huge payday. Can he shut down Hali and prove that he deserves recognition as one of the best in the league?

6. Maurice Jones Drew vs Jamaal Charles: Maurice Jones Drew is coming back from devastating Lisfranc surgery, coming into his contract year. Jamaal Charles is being being injected into Andy Reid's offense, one that at times seems to forget that you can run the ball. Will either of these backs be able to establish a run game and take pressure off their QBs?

7. Luke Joeckel vs Eric Fisher: For the first time in probably ever, two Left Tackles were drafted 1-2 and both placed at Right Tackle. At LT, both teams have established players with one year on their deals (Albert on the Franchise Tag). Fisher is expected to become the LT next season, whereas the Jaguars seem content with keeping Joeckel at RT for the next several years. These players will be connected for years to come, as their draft position determined, however can they both live up to their draft position and solidify a couple shaky o-lines?

Key Questions for the Game:

Is Blaine Gabbert the answer at QB?

Is Gus Bradley the real deal?

How will the offense look without Justin Blackmon?

Is MJD the same MJD?

Last Year's Comparison:

Important Links:
Jaguars Injury Report
Cjiefs Injury Report
Chiefs GDT
Weather
NFL Gamecenter
Jaguar's Website
Coverage Maps - Link should become active later

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley

Last edited by iPwn on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/373499210404220928
Quote:
Bradley says Gabbert would have to be playing at high level or with tolerable pain by Wednesday to commit to playing him vs. KC. #Jaguars

Welp. No question that Henne makes the 53 now, regardless of whether some of you want him cut or not.

- Best since day one -
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Quote:
Bradley says Gabbert would have to be playing at high level or with tolerable pain by Wednesday to commit to playing him vs. KC. #Jaguars

Welp. No question that Henne makes the 53 now, regardless of whether some of you want him cut or not.

It's unfortunate, but Scott has shown he's nowhere close to being ready to play real NFL games. The potential is there, but he'd be twice the trainwreck that Henne brings. And the front office clearly doesn't have any faith in Kafka either.

As bad as Henne is, he's the best option if Blaine can't go.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
.Buzz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i'm not feeling great about Gabbert's chances Week 1 unfortunately.

#BortlesKombat
jagman777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beat dey azz
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Quote:

Laughing Because Jaguars

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we will be able to run, but will we be able to stop Bowe and Charles?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I feel like we will be able to run, but will we be able to stop Bowe and Charles?

Bowe consistently stops himself through that faulty motor of his. One of the more overrated players in recent memory.

Beating Charles comes down to keeping him inside the tackles. Our tackles aren't likely to give much ground, which leaves it up to the ends to get up the field and keep things congested. In the passing game, I don't think too many defenses are going to be able to handle him very well without putting the QB on his butt.

If the defense can keep Charles from beating us, we can keep the score down.

I think we'll keep them under 21. If Blaine plays and the coaches can find a way to get him in rhythm, this is a very winnable game at home.

Like the entire season, this game hinges on Blaine.

- Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so exciting to have real football back...and yet there's already a cloud of despair hanging over this first game, in that it seems there's at least something of decent chance we may in fact lose our opener... to the Chiefs. Confused

Oh well. Football!!! Very Happy
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a weird feeling in my gut about this game
I don't know what it means
This is either the start of something great, or the start of a complete trainwreck

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
sadjag

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
I have a weird feeling in my gut about this game
I don't know what it means
This is either the start of something great, or the start of a complete trainwreck
... or something mediocre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a winnable game as well, but their defense when healthy should be pretty good

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Best since day one -
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What should we expect outta Cecil Shorts? I'm debating about starting him this week but im worried without Blackmon he will get doubled

Pick 2:

CS3 vs KC
Steve Smith vs SEA
Montee Ball vs BALT
Ben Tate vs SD

I'm starting Foster already

non-ppr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
What should we expect outta Cecil Shorts? I'm debating about starting him this week but im worried without Blackmon he will get doubled

Pick 2:

CS3 vs KC
Steve Smith vs SEA
Montee Ball vs BALT
Ben Tate vs SD

I'm starting Foster already

non-ppr

I'd still start Shorts. The only option you have that may be better is Smith and he has a really tough matchup. Can't trust Tate or Ball quite yet.

- Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: