Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Vs New York Giants @ AT&T Stadium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamEater53

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Also. Shout out to DreamEater53. We won, keep the momentum going for the next GDT.

Very Happy Glad I could be of service, I will be starting the next GDT right now sirs!

#UNDEFEATED Wink
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/09/by-the-numbers-stats-and-facts-from-the-cowboys-win-against-the-giants.html
Quote:

* Dallas now has a 7-0 record (5-0 at home) when facing the Giants in the season opener.

* The Cowboys forced three turnovers in the first quarter for the first time in team history. It was the ninth time the Cowboys had three takeaways in one quarter. The last time they had three in one quarter, it was in the fourth against Buffalo on Nov. 13, 2011.

* Jason Witten caught eight passes for 70 yards and two touchdowns. His 70 yards upped his career yardage total to 9,018, making him just the second Cowboys player (Michael Irvin) and third league tight end (Tony Gonzalez and Shannon Sharpe) to reach 9,000 receiving yards. Witten reached 9,000 in 160 games. Gonzalez did it in 163, Sharpe in 183.

Good read.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/09/by-the-numbers-stats-and-facts-from-the-cowboys-win-against-the-giants.html
Quote:

* Dallas now has a 7-0 record (5-0 at home) when facing the Giants in the season opener.

* The Cowboys forced three turnovers in the first quarter for the first time in team history. It was the ninth time the Cowboys had three takeaways in one quarter. The last time they had three in one quarter, it was in the fourth against Buffalo on Nov. 13, 2011.

* Jason Witten caught eight passes for 70 yards and two touchdowns. His 70 yards upped his career yardage total to 9,018, making him just the second Cowboys player (Michael Irvin) and third league tight end (Tony Gonzalez and Shannon Sharpe) to reach 9,000 receiving yards. Witten reached 9,000 in 160 games. Gonzalez did it in 163, Sharpe in 183.

Good read.

I hadn't realized all of the milestones Witten reached last night. Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

And, is it me, or did Fredbeard play like a seasoned veteran save the one bad snap to Romo early on? He was brilliant last night and I'm not sure that too many "analysts" noticed that.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:

Good read.

I hadn't realized all of the milestones Witten reached last night. Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

And, is it me, or did Fredbeard play like a seasoned veteran save the one bad snap to Romo early on? He was brilliant last night and I'm not sure that too many "analysts" noticed that.
Oh i noticed it! I mentioned him in my wrap up post this morning. Him and Leary where both fantastic.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
cromagnum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Dz - if he truly is elite - should never be schemed out - hes alkowed to have bad games but his size and abilities are too much of a mismatch for a defense to scheme out if hws on his game.

Our OL was decent vs pass rush but lacking in the run game. I give them credit for not getting Murray blowuno 5yds deep but they have to get better at opening holes.

Ware was in the backfield all night and constantly disrupting plays but he also bit on misdirection way too much.

Our D keeps getting praised but nobody seems to notice they have up 30pts. 6 turnovers is great but 30pts and 500yds is not

Positives on defense is they had a pretty good rush on eli and were able to create a few turnovers. Some of the turnovers were forced some i think were gifts by the giants. Biggest negative for me is the blown coverages they had which lead to big plays. Giants have weapons and they were going to score but the fact that we couldn't hold them to 3 instead of 7 is concerning. This defense is going to give up yards but if we can keep getting turnovers and hopefully hold teams to 3 more often ill take that. Run defense was impressive i forgot to mention that. The jury is still out on Claiborn but so far he has not been the player most expected him to be.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:

Good read.

Just had lunch with a buddy of mine that is also a Cowboys fan.He was talking about the game and mentioned Frebeard. I said he played lights out last night. Not even for a rookie, he just came in and played lights out. Great Pick there.
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo's ribs x-rays where negative! That's a good thing!

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 11m

Quote:
Breaking: #Cowboys tell @1053thefan X-rays on Romo's ribs negative. @iamelf @Slatersnews

CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:

Quote:
Breaking: #Cowboys tell @1053thefan X-rays on Romo's ribs negative. @iamelf @Slatersnews

That's great news... Anything on Dez?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How pissed are the people who bought Fredbeards #70 jersey only for him to switch to #72 the first week of the season?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad we cant use that gif as the sig... Twisted Evil

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

oh, look who decided to show up a day after the game!!

textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Quote:

That's great news... Anything on Dez?
from what they said on twitter left ankle/foot just got rolled. Listed as day to day should be good to on Sunday

Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
oh, look who decided to show up a day after the game!![/quote]

I feel like I go through this every year... But September 8th is my Wifes b'day. Its why I wasnt on last year for the home opener or the year before that for the Cowpokes... Laughing

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
oh, look who decided to show up a day after the game!!

I feel like I go through this every year... But September 8th is my Wifes b'day. Its why I wasnt on last year for the home opener or the year before that for the Cowpokes... Laughing[/quote]

Jeez how many birthdays does our wife have? Talk about greedy.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
How pissed are the people who bought Fredbeards #70 jersey only for him to switch to #72 the first week of the season?

That's a risk you take when buying a rookie's jersey. Frederick wore #72 in college. I wasn't surprised he changed.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 56 of 58

Jump to: