Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is there a Joker in the deck?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Davey said though, wins and losses shouldn't determine whether or not Geno is the future.

Expecting Russell Wilson is a bit extreme. Peyton Manning wasn't Russell Wilson his rookie year. What you need to see from Geno is that his ability to command the offense improves and that the speed of the game slows as he goes through the season.

We know he has the physical ability to play QB at the NFL level. Pocket presence, commanding an offense, leading a team; those are the things that have to develop. If they do and his mind starts matching his physical ability, then I couldn't care less what the win/loss numbers look like.

Having said that, if he looks way overmatched all year and struggles with the fundamentals of playing NFL QB, then come draft time they'll have some decisions to make depending on which QB's may be available.

- Cliff Burton
jg6041

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
Like Davey said though, wins and losses shouldn't determine whether or not Geno is the future.

Expecting Russell Wilson is a bit extreme. Peyton Manning wasn't Russell Wilson his rookie year. What you need to see from Geno is that his ability to command the offense improves and that the speed of the game slows as he goes through the season.

We know he has the physical ability to play QB at the NFL level. Pocket presence, commanding an offense, leading a team; those are the things that have to develop. If they do and his mind starts matching his physical ability, then I couldn't care less what the win/loss numbers look like.

Having said that, if he looks way overmatched all year and struggles with the fundamentals of playing NFL QB, then come draft time they'll have some decisions to make depending on which QB's may be available.

I always hate the Peyton Manning comparisons to anyone, except perhaps Luck. They were no brain picks.
Parcells tried to talk him into coming out early to be our starting QB.
To be honest I don't see anything special about Geno. I would rather have Ryan Mallett.
That being said with such low expectations for the team and Geno, it will not take much to impress me.
I am really most excited about Richardson. He seems to be special.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:

I always hate the Peyton Manning comparisons to anyone, except perhaps Luck. They were no brain picks.
Parcells tried to talk him into coming out early to be our starting QB.
To be honest I don't see anything special about Geno. I would rather have Ryan Mallett.
That being said with such low expectations for the team and Geno, it will not take much to impress me.
I am really most excited about Richardson. He seems to be special.

I'm comparing expectations. If Russell Wilson is the bar that's being set, expectations need to be tempered with reality. If anything, your point only strengthens what I'm saying. Peyton Manning was a no-brainer and his play couldn't match what Wilson did his rookie year. I don't think it's reasonable to expect any rookie QB to match that.

- Cliff Burton
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Jets are in position to draft Bridgewater, and don't, that'll be far worse. I haven't studied Teddy that much, but I'm hesitant on him thus far. If the Jets have him ranked that high, and they pass on him, they'd be foolish.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: