Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Nick Williams Reply with quote

The darkest of dark horses but seems like a younger Wes Welker clone..Man, I hate to see this guy cut--Hopefully practice squad at worst.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw more of a Brandon Stokley? Or maybe Danny Amendola? Eddie McCaffrey? Julian Edelman?

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
I saw more of a Brandon Stokley? Or maybe Danny Amendola? Eddie McCaffrey? Julian Edelman?

I see what you did there......

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theismann's been raving about this guy-- Little guick guy that's always open on third down..Returns kicks too.. Not much hope but I'm pulling for him to make the roster . Cut Briscoe, Skye Dawson, Lance Lewis, keep 6 wideouts.
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Theismann's been raving about this guy-- Little guick guy that's always open on third down..Returns kicks too.. Not much hope but I'm pulling for him to make the roster . Cut Briscoe, Skye Dawson, Lance Lewis, keep 6 wideouts.

I think that Lance Lewis or Skye Dawson will get the nod there.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I agree. Unfortunately, I don't see a spot for Nick even on the practice squad. I see the team keeping 5 wrs and unfortunately that means Dezmon Briscoe, Lance Lewis, Skye Dawson and Nick Williams get cut.

Grant Paulsen said he thinks its unlikely that the team keeps 2 wrs on the practice squad (I don't know if I agree with that) but of that's the case the guy would keep would be Lamxe Lewis- should you get the chance.

Tough call I guess but if they keep two wrs on the practice squad I'd have Lewis and Dawson over Nick Williams.

Grant Paulsen said he sees Dez Briscoe playing for another team this year and catching touchdown passes.

Sadly, when I heard that, I thought I could see Briscoe playing for Philadelphia (who's starving for WR talent) week 1 vs the Redskins on Monday night and we can't cover him. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
If we keep 9 OL, 4 RBs and 4 TEs, I don't see the room for 6 wrs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Ed McCaffrey is the odd one in that bunch. He was 6-5, 215 Hardly a typical slot WR like the others mentioned, and played some outside as a #2 as well as some in the slot, but he was moved all over the field.

I remember him being unSTOPPable in some games, was like *^% wow are they ever going to shut him down????

Then I looked at his stats, and he only had 3 years over 1000 yards, one @ 900. I guess he was a product of Shanahan abusing mismatches because many of his games/ years he did relatively little compared to those ridiculous games where they focused on him. It's just when he was hot he was ON FIRE.
If Mike can develop Williams, or anyone to be that type of WR I'd be ECSTATIC.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Ed McCaffrey is the odd one in that bunch. He was 6-5, 215 Hardly a typical slot WR like the others mentioned, and played some outside as a #2 as well as some in the slot, but he was moved all over the field.

I remember him being unSTOPPable in some games, was like *^% wow are they ever going to shut him down????

Then I looked at his stats, and he only had 3 years over 1000 yards, one @ 900. I guess he was a product of Shanahan abusing mismatches because many of his games/ years he did relatively little compared to those ridiculous games where they focused on him. It's just when he was hot he was ON FIRE.
there was a different reason Jeezy listed that group of wrs, but we're not supposed to talk about that reason. I hope you catch the drift
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

there was a different reason Jeezy listed that group of wrs, but we're not supposed to talk about that reason. I hope you catch the drift

Oh I did catch the obvious similarity, just tried to expound upon the fact that Shanahan doesn't necessarily use players that fit a mold (like your typical slot WR). He is more inclined to BREAK the mold, or make his own. That's another reason I really respect him.
And another reason I firmly believed that not only would we be using 4 TE's this year, but in the future we will have more TE's that play like WR's and can even line up outside sometimes and manhandle CB's (or WR's like McCaffrey that are 6'5 lol)
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I agree. Unfortunately, I don't see a spot for Nick even on the practice squad. I see the team keeping 5 wrs and unfortunately that means Dezmon Briscoe, Lance Lewis, Skye Dawson and Nick Williams get cut.

Grant Paulsen said he thinks its unlikely that the team keeps 2 wrs on the practice squad (I don't know if I agree with that) but of that's the case the guy would keep would be Lamxe Lewis- should you get the chance.

Tough call I guess but if they keep two wrs on the practice squad I'd have Lewis and Dawson over Nick Williams.

Grant Paulsen said he sees Dez Briscoe playing for another team this year and catching touchdown passes.

Sadly, when I heard that, I thought I could see Briscoe playing for Philadelphia (who's starving for WR talent) week 1 vs the Redskins on Monday night and we can't cover him. Sad

If Briscoe is uncoverable, he'd be getting time playing for us. He is coverable, so I don't worry about him.

And why do you pick Dawson over Wiliams?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went over my final roster prediction and I found room for Briscoe on my final 4. I think he'll make it
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

If Briscoe is uncoverable, he'd be getting time playing for us. He is coverable, so I don't worry about him.

I think Briscoe is better and has more potential than both, given that he has a 35 catch and 6 TD season under his belt and in that season he only started 2 games, I'd rather see the team keep a young WR with startingw experience and 6 Tds under his belt and put one or two of the other wrs on the practice squad.

Remember, even Lance Lewis has two years of practice squad eligibility left because last year he was on injured reserved.

I'm not saying Briscoe is uncoverable. Please don't put words in my post that aren't there. I'm just saying given Philly's injury problems at WR, I could see Philly picking up Briscoe and Briscoe scoring on us week 1.

It's close between Dawson and Williams but I heard more buzz about Dawson all camp and Nick Williams did little until the final preseason game. My everlasting memory of Nick Williams is him dropping an easy pass from Pat White vs the steelers in the flat.

I don't really care either way as I think both guys are good prospects for our special teams and as 5th wrs in the future, but right now is give the edge to Dawson.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I think Briscoe is better and has more potential than both, given that he has a 35 catch and 6 TD season under his belt and in that season he only started 2 games, I'd rather see the team keep a young WR with startingw experience and 6 Tds under his belt and put one or two of the other wrs on the practice squad.

Remember, even Lance Lewis has two years of practice squad eligibility left because last year he was on injured reserved.

I'm not saying Briscoe is uncoverable. Please don't put words in my post that aren't there. I'm just saying given Philly's injury problems at WR, I could see Philly picking up Briscoe and Briscoe scoring on us week 1.

It's close between Dawson and Williams but I heard more buzz about Dawson all camp and Nick Williams did little until the final preseason game. My everlasting memory of Nick Williams is him dropping an easy pass from Pat White vs the steelers in the flat.

I don't really care either way as I think both guys are good prospects for our special teams and as 5th wrs in the future, but right now is give the edge to Dawson.

You literally said you'd be afraid we couldn't cover him, that's uncoverable. How the hell am I putting words in your mouth? Confused
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

You literally said you'd be afraid we couldn't cover him, that's uncoverable. How the hell am I putting words in your mouth? Confused
Well I didn't mean it like that. I meant like on one play we couldn't cover him or something and he'd score on us. Like they run a play and one of our cbs are on him or something and he gets beat on one play.

I didn't mean he'd be running free all game. My bad, I was thinking something in my head and I wrote something slightly different.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: