Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who starts at quarterback week 1?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who starts against the Buccaneers, September 8th?
Geno Smith
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Mark Sanchez
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Matt Simms
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Greg Mcelroy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

Idzik4president

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Who starts at quarterback week 1? Reply with quote

With the Preseason being a rap, who starts week 1. I would like to see what people think in the poll.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simms! Lol

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
DreadMadSeen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to bet Sanchez is out 6+ weeks...and doesn't see the field for this team ever again? The real Question is will Rex survive?

green24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be Geno.
jg6041

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
It's going to be Geno.

100% agree with a smaller playbook. TB should have a great secondary thanks in part to us.
With Geno we go lots of runs. Screens. Float out Winslow.
Run Hill 20 yards away from the play to take away Revis.
Hope to stay in the game with strong D.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simms isn't a viable option.

He's made the team, that's it. A player that performs excellently against backups, third string and non-roster NFL players earns his place in context to that.

Sanchez would start if he's healthy, but since he's probably not, we'll have to play Geno Smith. They're the two that have been competing to start and have been preparing most with starters and against them.

Developing Geno Smith is our priority.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As horrific as this may sound, the injury (if it's as simple as the Jets are leading on to) may make life easier for the team and the QBs.

Say Mark can't play week one and we send out Geno. If he plays good, the Jets can continue to put him out there for the next week or 2, claiming Sanchez still needs time to heal, until he really slips up and reevaluate from there. If he continues to play well, you have your QB.

If Geno goes out and plays poorly, the world will understand that Geno is not ready and will be begging (did I really say it?) for Sanchez to come back. If Sanchez wasn't injured, there is no sending out Geno only to turn back to Sanchez. You just can't do that. In this scenario, the coaching staff is in a position to say "Sanchez won the starting job but had an injury so we put Geno out there because he's the backup QB".

I've felt for some time that Geno shouldn't be run out there until the team around him is stable. I'd rather send out Sanchez and if he performs well, we have 2 QBs rather than 1. If he performs poorly, send Geno out there week 8 after taking some time to learn the nuances of the pro game. It makes no sense to feed Geno to the wolves unless we are forced to.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, if you have 2 QBs you have none. I'm fine with starting Geno this season. Some guys learn better when getting reps, some learn better by watching. Let's see which kind of QB he is.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
famousj

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno will start and be just fine. I see growing pains but against the better defenses this year but in the end Geno has the arm strenght and work ethic to succeed in this league. Poeple talk about the 3 ints instead of the 2 nice TD drives in the Jaguars game. The Geno era has arrived.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simms isn't even in the discussion... Its Smith or Sanchez, since Sanchez looks like he won't be ready for that game its probably going to be Smith. Hopefully he plays well and we move on with him.

Simms looked impressive vs non-NFL players, but its different playing against starters.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
Simms isn't even in the discussion... Its Smith or Sanchez, since Sanchez looks like he won't be ready for that game its probably going to be Smith. Hopefully he plays well and we move on with him.

Simms looked impressive vs non-NFL players, but its different playing against starters.

Simms obviously does have the physical skills to be a good quality NFL backup at the very least though so I hope we keep him around and he makes his way up to our backup
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Report: Sanchez could miss multiple weeks
ESPN's Ed Werder stated on SportsCenter Friday that Mark Sanchez's shoulder "bruise" could be a multi-week injury.
Rookie GM John Idzik is loving this; he's been internally pulling hard for Geno Smith. Werder has heard Sanchez's injury "could, in fact, be serious enough to keep him out multiple weeks." Defenses squaring off with the Jets will be recommended fantasy streamer plays, probably for the entire 2013 campaign. This team will be in a world of trouble if it can't consistently run the ball.

Props to JMG on the sig
Bobikus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defenses squaring off against the Jets would be fantasy streamer picks with Sanchez starting too.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, everyone thought Ryan would want to start Sanchez over Geno because Sanchez was his pick. Then he got hurt when Ryan told him to play with the twos last week. Now it could be Geno starting at least the first 2 or 3 games regardless.

Start Geno and don't look back. Sanchez is only here because of the salary.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
sharpy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was honestly hoping Sanchez would get the start for the first 5 games. And maybe (if we are lucky) pull out 2 wins. Then start Geno against the steelers and a slightly easier schedule. A perfect time for a rally cry from the team. I could see 6 wins to put us at 8 for the season. That would be an amazing accomplishment in my eyes. I think Jetskidd is dead on. At least give Geno some time to get a feel for the NFL. The Wolves are hungry!!! Brick wall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: