Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Game 4 - ARI @ DEN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Preseason Game 4 - ARI @ DEN Reply with quote

Guess what guys? There's a game tonight.

Thu 8/29 6:00 PM MST

Last chance for Ryan Williams to impress and make this squad!

Hopefully we get one nice drive from our first team O and then get them off the field. And one nice stop from the first team D and then shut em down.

Should see some intense play from the guys striving to make the roster.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense is not even competitive. With our safety play losing Rhodes could be worth 2-3 wins.

Ryan Williams looking good but Denver has bailed us out with some weak penalties...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Defense is not even competitive. With our safety play losing Rhodes could be worth 2-3 wins.

Ryan Williams looking good but Denver has bailed us out with some weak penalties...

Williams with a TD! He looks very explosive out there.

D can't stop a nose bleed.

I don't see how you can cut a QB who can make a throw like Lindley's TD pass to Jaron Brown. Very impressive. Just missed on one to Mike Thomas earlier in the game, too.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams and Lindley will make the team which will keep Smith out. Will he get claimed?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Williams and Lindley will make the team which will keep Smith out. Will he get claimed?

Fonz is making the team. Arians said 5 RB's will make the final cut. To me that means someone is interested in trading for Williams, or that we are going to roll into the season with 5 backs.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I didn't actually watch this game...and it seems as if I was not the only one. But did anybody watch the corners? That seems to be our biggest position battle.

sig made by mike23md
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
So I didn't actually watch this game...and it seems as if I was not the only one. But did anybody watch the corners? That seems to be our biggest position battle.

Cason got burned for a long touchdown. I think he is on the hot seat just as much as Fleming. Bethel had a nice break up but also made some bonehead plays. I think he makes it for his special teams contributions.

Tony Jefferson better make the team because he is a playmaker.

DT Padric Scott is another guy who has performed well.

Gonna be a very tough decision at WR. Hoping for Hawkins and Brown.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
shawn wrote:

Cason got burned for a long touchdown. I think he is on the hot seat just as much as Fleming. Bethel had a nice break up but also made some bonehead plays. I think he makes it for his special teams contributions.

Tony Jefferson better make the team because he is a playmaker.

DT Padric Scott is another guy who has performed well.

Gonna be a very tough decision at WR. Hoping for Hawkins and Brown.

Yeah I'm liking Tony Jefferson a lot. He's a perfect #3 safety because he can play a little in the box and in coverage. He needs to improve his ST skills but he needs to be on this roster. Remember he was day as a 2nd round pick for awhile. He just needs to get his head on straight.

As for WR. Brown will definitely make the team with his athletic skill set. I don't think Hawkins will make it over Thomas or Kerry Taylor though but he's a good PS candidate.

Edit: Apparently Thomas just got cut. He did have two bad drops yesterday where he got two hands on the football. Both would have been touchdowns. Did nothing on special on ST either.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another small note: Our 5 RBs ran the ball about 108 times. Not a single fumble. Also Stepfan Taylor looks really up to speed after getting to camp late due to school. Gotta give some credit to our new RB coach Stump Mitchell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: