Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 5 GDT: Dolphins vs. Ain'ts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Phinsnation84


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 521
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I wanna see how far Sturgis can kick a field goal. 40 Yarder and it is blocked and still goes in Shocked
_________________

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6178
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelcie McCray was all over the field in the first half. Philbin liked him enough to keep him last year, I think he makes the 53.

Taylor didn't look very good in coverage, from what I saw.

Mathews and McNutt are our #4 and #5 WRs IMO. Tyms is pushing McNutt but I just like what McNutt brings to the table more. Bumphis is a distant #7 for me.


Anybody else see Sturgis make a 40 yard field goal.. that was blocked?? Shocked
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6178
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, only 2 penalties on the Fins; 1 false start, and a facemask on that interception return (whatevs)
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Manic


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 1536
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far

The good
Mcnutt
Simms
Defense

The bad
o-line
devlin
Gray
eggnew
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6178
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how could I forget: Dion Sims looking more and more like the type of safety blanket TE we're lacking.
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deets


Moderator
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 12765
Location: Red Sox Nation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sims is looking like a guy who might be able to step up for us before the season is over.


Devlin has been terrible all preseason. Not a lot of reason to keep him around anymore.
_________________

FF Member #67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joeyL.


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 935
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, im really liking what im seeing from Sims.
_________________

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manic wrote:
So far

The good
Mcnutt
Simms
Defense

The bad
o-line
devlin
Gray
eggnew
EGnew got wide open for a touchdown and devlin flat over threw him and he also pancaked blocked someone to the ground so it hasn't been terrible
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joeyL.


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 935
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't really been paying 100% attention, but has Clay been getting any action?
_________________

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyL. wrote:
haven't really been paying 100% attention, but has Clay been getting any action?
he did not play tonight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6178
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Manic wrote:
So far

The good
Mcnutt
Simms
Defense

The bad
o-line
devlin
Gray
eggnew
EGnew got wide open for a touchdown and devlin flat over threw him and he also pancaked blocked someone to the ground so it hasn't been terrible


Yeah, Egnew was okay (once again). He's been reasonably consistent with his improvement since last season.

McNutt showed why he's the only dangerous receiver between him, Bumphis, and Tyms. Tyms throughout the preseason has been able to create separation but always got dropped right after making the catch.
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Manic wrote:
So far

The good
Mcnutt
Simms
Defense

The bad
o-line
devlin
Gray
eggnew
EGnew got wide open for a touchdown and devlin flat over threw him and he also pancaked blocked someone to the ground so it hasn't been terrible


Yeah, Egnew was okay (once again). He's been reasonably consistent with his improvement since last season.

McNutt showed why he's the only dangerous receiver between him, Bumphis, and Tyms. Tyms throughout the preseason has been able to create separation but always got dropped right after making the catch.
I agree 100 percent I love tyms athletic ability he can really separate and seems smooth in his movements but he is not ready yet practice squad though and refine him. Mcnutt can run a good slant route which is big.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have somewhat been holding my tongue about mike gillislee looking for something positive in the way he runs but man it's hard I see blah. If course it's only preseason and he isn't running behind the 92 cowboys line but if miller is not the goods we have seriously taken a step back at the position
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I have somewhat been holding my tongue about mike gillislee looking for something positive in the way he runs but man it's hard I see blah. If course it's only preseason and he isn't running behind the 92 cowboys line but if miller is not the goods we have seriously taken a step back at the position


I've been really wrong about him....I really thought he would compete with first team playing time.....lets hope Miller and DT can make something happen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patdt13


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 8588
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone post video of the kick?
_________________

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group