Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Back-Up Bowl: Hawks vs Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Feel awful for Chris Harper. He was known for his hands at KState and that's what lets him down today. I still hope the team realizes his potential as a possession receiver and holds onto him.

There are more deserving players that could take his spot. We kept Durham because he was a 4th round pick.....and we saw what happened.

Meh, at some point you have to keep players with potential. Durham was garbage in college, whereas Harper was a QB gone WR midway through college and showed great possession ability. The two prospects are night and day and I don't mind giving your 4th round pick at least a year to prove himself. I don't see a 6th receiver that I'd take over Harper's potential.

Yea i am hoping we keep Harper as well but that TD pass that he dropped was brutal the defenders didn't even make contact with him lol.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Feel awful for Chris Harper. He was known for his hands at KState and that's what lets him down today. I still hope the team realizes his potential as a possession receiver and holds onto him.

There are more deserving players that could take his spot. We kept Durham because he was a 4th round pick.....and we saw what happened.

Meh, at some point you have to keep players with potential. Durham was garbage in college, whereas Harper was a QB gone WR midway through college and showed great possession ability. The two prospects are night and day and I don't mind giving your 4th round pick at least a year to prove himself. I don't see a 6th receiver that I'd take over Harper's potential.

Yea i am hoping we keep Harper as well but that TD pass that he dropped was brutal the defenders didn't even make contact with him lol.

I think the argument between Durham and Harper both being fourth round picks doesn't really apply here. It's more about roster depth keeping Harper from making this squad if indeed he does get cut. Durham benefitted from being on a team that wasn't nearly as deep as the current roster so it was an easier decision to keep him around to develop. Harper may have much more potential than Durham but he's running into the deepest, most complete roster in the league in a lot of peoples opinion. There just may not be room on it for a project like Harper who may take another couple years to reach his full potential.

If we could get him onto the practice squad, that would be the best scenario for the future, but I just don't see that happening. Maybe with the news that Mike Robinson has been cut, this will open a roster spot up for Harper to have a chance to develop until Harvin gets activated, then it would probably be between Harper and Williams to prove they have more value to this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: