Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Back-Up Bowl: Hawks vs Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
Helfet officially lost the #3 TE spot to McGrath....it was already an uphill battle

It was a competition?

It was. Helfett could have made the difference with his superior receiving skills, but all he showed was shaky hands tonight. McGrath's value as a blocker gets him the nod, as well as consistent hands.

Ware is on the verge of facing Waivers in favor of Coleman as well.

Yea, I don't know about all that. Behind Zach Miller you have to think the team was going to keep one receiving TE and one blocking/dual TE. Helfet was pretty much going against Luke Willson for that receiving spot, and he never had a chance. McGrath's spot was sewn up the day McCoy went down.
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel awful for Chris Harper. He was known for his hands at KState and that's what lets him down today. I still hope the team realizes his potential as a possession receiver and holds onto him.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
Helfet officially lost the #3 TE spot to McGrath....it was already an uphill battle

It was a competition?

It was. Helfett could have made the difference with his superior receiving skills, but all he showed was shaky hands tonight. McGrath's value as a blocker gets him the nod, as well as consistent hands.

Ware is on the verge of facing Waivers in favor of Coleman as well.

Yea, I don't know about all that. Behind Zach Miller you have to think the team was going to keep one receiving TE and one blocking/dual TE. Helfet was pretty much going against Luke Willson for that receiving spot, and he never had a chance. McGrath's spot was sewn up the day McCoy went down.

Camp Reports say different. You can get a Blocking tight end on the open market pretty much any time during the season. McGrath ain't saving the season coming for Miller as a blocker.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Feel awful for Chris Harper. He was known for his hands at KState and that's what lets him down today. I still hope the team realizes his potential as a possession receiver and holds onto him.

There are more deserving players that could take his spot. We kept Durham because he was a 4th round pick.....and we saw what happened.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

SoS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:

There are more deserving players that could take his spot. We kept Durham because he was a 4th round pick.....and we saw what happened.

Meh, at some point you have to keep players with potential. Durham was garbage in college, whereas Harper was a QB gone WR midway through college and showed great possession ability. The two prospects are night and day and I don't mind giving your 4th round pick at least a year to prove himself. I don't see a 6th receiver that I'd take over Harper's potential.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:

Meh, at some point you have to keep players with potential. Durham was garbage in college, whereas Harper was a QB gone WR midway through college and showed great possession ability. The two prospects are night and day and I don't mind giving your 4th round pick at least a year to prove himself. I don't see a 6th receiver that I'd take over Harper's potential.

I'm confident we go with five. We'd keep Harper if he could contribute on ST IMO

wwhickok wrote:

lards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hauschka with three 50+ field goals is fantastic. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

IICR this win makes it 9 straight pre season wins?

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...

twitter: @lards90
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yezzir 9 in a row

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
imani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: The Back-Up Bowl: Hawks vs Raiders Reply with quote

Success
Neutral
Failure

imani wrote:

Players Who need this game the most:

Confirm Training Camp Hype
Jermaine Kearse, WR
Benson Mayowa, DE

Christine Michael, RB
Stephen Williams, WR
Alvin Bailey, OG/OT

O'Brien Schofield, LB
Allen Bradford, LB

To Improve Their Role and Playing Time
Robert Turbin, RB
Luke Willson, TE
Jaye Howard, DT/DE
Malcolm Smith, LB

To Make the Roster
Michael Bowie, LT/RT
Derrick Coleman, FB
Spencer Ware, FB
Winston Guy, S
Chris Harper, WR
Sean Mcgrath, TE
Cooper Helfet, TE
Jeremy Lane, CB
John Lotuleilei, LB
Mike Morgan, LB/LEO
Brady Quinn, QB
Ryan Seymour, G
Siliga Sealver, DT

To Make an Impression for Waivers/Practice Squad
Phil Bates, WR
Michael Brooks, DT
Arceto Clark, WR
Dwayne Cherrington, DT
Darren Fells, TE
Rishaw Johnson, G/C
Ron Parker, CB/ST
Ty Powell, LB/LEO
Jared Smith, G
Deshawn Shead, CB/S
Bryan Walters, WR

Mike Person, LT

wwhickok wrote:

Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think Siliga could make the team?

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
imani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Anyone think Siliga could make the team?

With the injuries? Sure. He'll probably be released when Hill returns, however.

wwhickok wrote:

SoS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaye Howard shouldn't make this team.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Jaye Howard shouldn't make this team.
hes lazy as hell

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ddin't get to watch the game, but I did get to listen to some of it on the radio, oh boy!!! Very Happy

Sounded like Harper played his way off the roster. I think the only reason we would keep him at this point is because there is no way he'll clear waivers and make it to the practice squad. But still, I doubt he makes this team, the roster as a whole is too deep and we do have other needs to address so keeping a project player who hasn't shown enough development so far is an iffy proposition.

Other than that, I think what has truly made us winners in this preseason is that we've suffered relatively few injuries. Word is that Stephen Williams suffered a concussion, hopefully it won't affect the roster spot he earned. Other than that, all the injuries the team is dealing with happened before the games even began. Hopefully we can clean up some of the nagging injuries and start this season as healthy as possible.

And now onward into the one long a@@ week and a half until the opener.
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hope we can some way retain Chris Harper, I don't want to give up on him just yet, but we may have to and I just don't want to see him end up killing it for another team. He didn't help his cause with the two drops last night, but had one really nice catch for about 16 yards.

Stephen Williams should be back for week 1, it's a good sign that he returned to the sidelines not too long after being taken to the locker room for the concussion. Idk about Michael Bowie, he hurt his shoulder and was taken out the game and hasn't been heard of since?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: