Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question of the Day: Keep Two QB's or Three?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I have a hard time believing that teams would be lining up to grab MBT since I'd guess a third of the league only carries two qbs.

I think it may be even less than that.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indifferent, really, but I'd probably only carry 2, as I'd rather risk losing MBT than a LB or CB or OL that someone else might claim.....
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I have a hard time believing that teams would be lining up to grab MBT since I'd guess a third of the league only carries two qbs.

Graham Harrell was signed by the Jets and the Bills traded for Thaddeus Lewis, neither of who really have any more significant experience than MBT. Lewis has 1 start and Harrell has 4 appearances (all in blowouts, I imagine).

While they may not line up for MBT, there would be interest, if there was interest for those 2. His skill-set is certainly better than that of Harrell (I don't know enough about Lewis to make a judgment on him).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
milanb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Graham Harrell was signed by the Jets and the Bills traded for Thaddeus Lewis, neither of who really have any more significant experience than MBT. Lewis has 1 start and Harrell has 4 appearances (all in blowouts, I imagine).

While they may not line up for MBT, there would be interest, if there was interest for those 2. His skill-set is certainly better than that of Harrell (I don't know enough about Lewis to make a judgment on him).

It's like I said in the Joe Webb thread.

MBT couldn't win the starter's job at UCLA or San Jose State. He went undrafted, and as a pro he could neither earn a roster spot with three different NFL teams nor win a starter's job in the UFL.

As far as I know he hasn't seen any playing time against a first-string NFL defence, even in preseason.

Graham Harrell and Thaddeus Lewis at least have something that resembles a body of work behind them, and were acquired only because both the Jets and Bills have injury issues at QB.

I seriously don't see any NFL team (other than perhaps the Vikings) opening up a roster spot for MBT at this point in time.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek

Last edited by milanb on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll have three QBs but we'll replace MBT with someone that gets cuts or tried to sneak into the practice squad.

I am looking at Tyler Wilson from Oakland. Love to him if they cut him.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
I think we'll have three QBs but we'll replace MBT with someone that gets cuts or tried to sneak into the practice squad.

Wilson has been horrible. the undrafted QB they picked up has out performed him so far. If you cant make it in Oakland as a QB given how poor there Qb situation is, youre probably not going to make it in the NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:

Wilson has been horrible. the undrafted QB they picked up has out performed him so far. If you cant make it in Oakland as a QB given how poor there Qb situation is, youre probably not going to make it in the NFL.

Rather let Wilson develop a year and if he doesn't show anything at the end of next year, cut him. It doesn't hurt to have him as a third QB. He had a bad time in Arkansas.

BTW, Oakland doesn't have that bad of a QB situation. They just have a LOT of them
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:

Rather let Wilson develop a year and if he doesn't show anything at the end of next year, cut him. It doesn't hurt to have him as a third QB. He had a bad time in Arkansas.

BTW, Oakland doesn't have that bad of a QB situation. They just have a LOT of them

Matt Flynn has been very bad this preseason and who knows about Pryor. Id say the Raiders QB situation is even worse then the Vikings QB situation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:

Matt Flynn has been very bad this preseason and who knows about Pryor. Id say the Raiders QB situation is even worse then the Vikings QB situation.

They have two rookies and one guy that has played okay but should have been in a rookie last year.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McLeod Bethel-Thompson, playing most of the game at quarterback for the Vikings in their 24-23 victory over the Tennessee Titans Thursday night, guided a 71-yard drive that ended with the winning field goal with 1:38 to play. Bethel-Thompson hit 19 of 26 passes for 187 yards, including an 11-yard touchdown pass to Joe Banyard, who had seven receptions and ran for 62 yards.

MBT: "The O-line played absolutely fantastic. Joe Banyard ran the ball like heck and the receivers were catching everything. I owe it all to them. They were playing great and made my job easy. Hopefully, I'll get another chance sometime in the future."

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_23979056/olsen-carted-off-field-after-concussion

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: