Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PFF's Titans analysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ockham

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: PFF's Titans analysis Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/08/28/32-teams-in-32-days-tennessee-titans-2/

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positive media for the Titans?! Shocked

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually pretty spot on... a pretty good introduction of the team to anyone on the outside who wants a little more info.

And he's right... we're an 8-8 team now... but if Locker develops how we hope he has (and how he's shown the last 2 preseason weeks), the team has the talent to make a decent playoff run (I don't know if the D will allow for a Super Bowl contender as they claim).... but it could get interesting if it finally clicks for Locker.

The seem most impressed with the DT group... which I find very interesting, since I was heavily on board the Star bandwagon pre draft.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
It's actually pretty spot on... a pretty good introduction of the team to anyone on the outside who wants a little more info.

And he's right... we're an 8-8 team now... but if Locker develops how we hope he has (and how he's shown the last 2 preseason weeks), the team has the talent to make a decent playoff run (I don't know if the D will allow for a Super Bowl contender as they claim).... but it could get interesting if it finally clicks for Locker.

The seem most impressed with the DT group... which I find very interesting, since I was heavily on board the Star bandwagon pre draft.

Yea the rotation is solid but there's no STAR. Hopefully Casey develops into one but the other guys are just good rotation guys. Still not sure why they have Morgan at 9 sacks for last season.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who has frequently bashed PFF in the past, I have to say that was probably the most accurate preview I have read from a national outlet. Pretty impressed actually.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
As someone who has frequently bashed PFF in the past, I have to say that was probably the most accurate preview I have read from a national outlet. Pretty impressed actually.

I mean they know their football...it's just their ranking systems/formulas that always seem to be off. Like on our DT's for example. Laughing

Adopt-A-Titan:
titans_5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think they hit the nail on the head there.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not know that about Jake an pressure. Maybe with the revamped O-Line he can be a solid to good QB. He was running for his life once the O-Line started to fall apart last season.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I mean they know their football...it's just their ranking systems/formulas that always seem to be off. Like on our DT's for example. Laughing

They're not exactly lying about anything they state. They've never lied about the fact that they love Casey. He's shown that he could make a push to be amongst the best DT's in the league. They also really like Martin, but do explain that he, Hill, and Klug have all been rotational guys.. but all at least above average in their PT.

We may not have the star yet... but at least we have a foursome that is solid throughout, and that is going to remain above average even when our big guy has to take a breather.

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Did not know that about Jake an pressure. Maybe with the revamped O-Line he can be a solid to good QB. He was running for his life once the O-Line started to fall apart last season.

TF4L... yeah. The word has always been that Jake is so much better on the move. I figured that included when he was pressured to move outside the pocket too... not just on designed roll outs.

But its also encouraging. I agree wholeheartedly that the younger/rawer a QB is, the more pressure will affect him. It looks like he should get better protection this year which should help avoid that situation... but he also has an extra year under his belt. He's still inexperienced, but not as much as he was a year ago.

People also tend to forget he was on a pretty good pace, statistically, before he went down in the Houston game last year. He just couldn't regain that early momentum when he came back last season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

They're not exactly lying about anything they state. They've never lied about the fact that they love Casey. He's shown that he could make a push to be amongst the best DT's in the league. They also really like Martin, but do explain that he, Hill, and Klug have all been rotational guys.. but all at least above average in their PT.

We may not have the star yet... but at least we have a foursome that is solid throughout, and that is going to remain above average even when our big guy has to take a breather.

I'm not saying they hide it. Just that guys like our backups end up with better grades than other starters in the league who they are not better than which at times make their ranking look ridiculous.

Adopt-A-Titan:
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I'm not saying they hide it. Just that guys like our backups end up with better grades than other starters in the league who they are not better than which at times make their ranking look ridiculous.

True, but it's a lot easier to have better stats with a smaller sample size. Which is the case with most back up players.

For the most part I enjoy their stat system. I agreed with/knew about nearly everything they had said up unitl they posted Ayers and Browns missed tackle percentage and honestly it all makes sense. They have great play-making ability but miss a lot of easier plays. Every stat that I read in their article went hand in hand with the problems on our defense. The poor tackling, terrible play at safety.. it all adds up.

If Ayers and Brown become sure tacklers, the offensive line does what we think it should do, and Jake Locker plays above average we should be a good team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: