Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 4 - vs Colts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Preseason Week 4 - vs Colts Reply with quote

Last preseason game tomorrow. Not very important when it comes to the starters wise, just alot of last minute players trying to fight for a roster spot

The game isn't gonna be televised in Cincinnati, so I don't know about anybody else but Im probably not gonna watch it since college football starts tomorrow. Of course theres only a couple of things I want to see now this game

Defensively how is the LB Core gonna shake up now. Is the team going with 5 or 6 guys now. You gotta figure DiManche is gonna be safe now with Porter out for the season. Is the same thing gonna happen to Vincent Rey or is it J.K Schaffer time.

On the offense its a little bit more interesting. WR for one is a big thing. Now that it looks like Hawkins will hit the IR Recall, which WR's are gonna be in the final 2 or 1 spots? The options are Hamilton, Sanzenbacher, Whalem, and even Roundtree right now.

Most importantly though is the 2 RB spots left. It might only be 3 options, but its tough to decide. Peerman looks like a favorite to make it, but guys like Burkhead and Herron completely outperformed him all preseason. I would think that Burkhead is gonna make it now. Especially if he has a big game tomorrow, he could move up as the #3RB. The hardest decision though is Peerman whos proved it in the season before, or Herron who is red hot.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 4 - vs Colts Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Last preseason game tomorrow. Not very important when it comes to the starters wise, just alot of last minute players trying to fight for a roster spot

The game isn't gonna be televised in Cincinnati, so I don't know about anybody else but Im probably not gonna watch it since college football starts tomorrow. Of course theres only a couple of things I want to see now this game

Defensively how is the LB Core gonna shake up now. Is the team going with 5 or 6 guys now. You gotta figure DiManche is gonna be safe now with Porter out for the season. Is the same thing gonna happen to Vincent Rey or is it J.K Schaffer time.

On the offense its a little bit more interesting. WR for one is a big thing. Now that it looks like Hawkins will hit the IR Recall, which WR's are gonna be in the final 2 or 1 spots? The options are Hamilton, Sanzenbacher, Whalem, and even Roundtree right now.

Most importantly though is the 2 RB spots left. It might only be 3 options, but its tough to decide. Peerman looks like a favorite to make it, but guys like Burkhead and Herron completely outperformed him all preseason. I would think that Burkhead is gonna make it now. Especially if he has a big game tomorrow, he could move up as the #3RB. The hardest decision though is Peerman whos proved it in the season before, or Herron who is red hot.

Where to start.

WR Roundtree will end up on the PS. I think Hamilton makes it in spite of the fumbles. It's Whalen vs. Sanzenbacher for the last spot.

At RB, I get all the hype abouit Burkhead and Herron being better than Peerman, but neither are. They have had far more opportunities against against far less competition. Peerman is the QB of the special teams. Herron to the practice squad, if for no other reason, the President likes Burkhead.

The LB numbers questio0n isn't to take 5 or 6. It's 6 vs. 7. Dimanche makes it. Rey has proven it in real games. Schaffer hasn't. Rey over JK with him hopefully sliding to the PS.

For me, on defense it becomes a question of what can Moch do to carve out a spot on the team? There's no room at DE, but I am liking his chances to knock someone off at LB. If they want him, one of the younger guys will get "hurt" like Porter. My money is on DiManche. The other question is DB. Is it 5 CBs and 5 safeties or 6/4 split? And can Brandon Ghee play a whole game without getting hurt. The longer he stays here, the more he reminds me of Samuel Jsackson's character in Unbreakable.

On offense, I don't know if there are any more real nailbiters out there for roster spots.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks no Dre or Ghee tonight

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connor looks like a guided missile tonight. I know its the Colts seconds but we are getting some push up front tonight; Bernard is at or beyond the LOS before he's getting touched......

Don't think we'll push that Bears D around so easy next week........
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Connor looks like a guided missile tonight. I know its the Colts seconds but we are getting some push up front tonight; Bernard is at or beyond the LOS before he's getting touched......

Running game looked great. Didn't love our first team defense giving up so many yards.

Shoot, LaMur down. Doesn't look good

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peerman doing anything he can to make this team

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

Running game looked great. Didn't love our first team defense giving up so many yards.

Shoulder.

DiManche showed his speed ' OLB on that 3rd down. Maybe Moch gets some more looks @ SLB with Lamur down ?

Right on cue, Moch with the impressive sack....... great play......

Last edited by LondonBengal on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

Shoulder.

DiManche showed his speed ' OLB on that 3rd down. Maybe Moch gets some more looks @ SLB with Lamur down ?

Yeah hopefully he is ok. I think he could but that could be detrimental to move him again.

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moch looking good again

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice drive by Johnson and hell of a play on the ball by Jones

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey 'ocho'.

What do you think of Johnson as our #2QB ?

He's a great running threat no doubt, but that ain't gonna work against AFCN defences, he's gonna get crushed.

We better have some other QB's on speed dial if Dalton goes down....
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks the games not on in Chicago. Have to wait until Sunday morning when it's on NFL Network...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Johnson over Skelton. He makes plays all over the field. Consistency is his issue but I would take him over Skelton any day as of now. Now that being said, I don't love him as a backup but based on who we have on the roster now, I would take him.

Our run defense sucks right now.

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conner looking like a beast right now. I love Charles but I am struggling to see him on this team which sucks

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Sucks the games not on in Chicago. Have to wait until Sunday morning when it's on NFL Network...

Reception just fine over here in England thanks........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: