Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Revenge Against the Ratbirds BAL@DEN 9/5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Winning Team
Broncos
82%
 82%  [ 33 ]
Ravens
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 40

broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AK,

I personally didn't think the OL was too bad. I thought Clady had a bit of a rough game, and yes, Manning did get hit a few times, but I thought as a whole the OL looked fine. Vasquez I thought was especially good in pass pro.

Germ,

I think with Ihenacho, as long as he continues to be around the football, we can sacrifice the pass pro a bit. He stopped quite a few long plays (I can think of 3 specifically in the first half) and he's always around the ball. I like seeing that.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a crazy busy weekend, but wanted to chime in a little.

-Running game will be fine. I will NEVER be like a traditional running game we saw for so many years. It is a way to set up the play action anything more is gravy.

-There isn't a team out there who can cover our recivers. The only way to beat the Broncos is get to Manning.

-Mitch Unrein is developing into a real good defensive tackle. His play the other night was great. He helped shut down the run and got some pressure when he got the chance to rush. He will make it hard for Sly to get on the field.

-Woody is now the man on defense. Even when Von comes back, Woody is the man. He proved to me he is worth a new contract and the Broncos would be foolish not to give it to him.

-Julius Thomas could very well be the second best pick of the Elway era thus far.

-DRC is our #1 corner going forward. The Ravens wanted nothing to do with him. He should draw the #1 every week. Champ is still good, but would be better utilized as the #2 matchup.
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Well i am finally at a computer to post. I was able to watch the game, but not able to use a computer.

Anyway, i really liked the speed of Denver's LB's. As i posted during the preseason, Denver's lack of speed (especially at MLB) was a concern of mine in the preseason. With both Woodyard and Trevathan on the field Denver has players that can move very well for the position. There were some struggles here and there from the pair taking on blocks (i remember Woodyard getting owned on one occasion in the 1st quarter), but if Denver's DT's protect them as well they did against Baltimore both Woodyard and Trevathan will have very good years.

I also thought Duke Ihenacho played well. He was so/so in coverage, but i really like his instincts and recognition on ball carriers and he closes in a hurry.

Offensively i thought Denver looked excellent. Obviously passing the football they dominated once they got going, but i thought Denver's running game wasn't too bad either. I will say that i feel they need to get Knowshon Moreno off the field in favor of Hillman and Ball. Don't get me wrong, i think Knowshon is a safe player (basically i see him as a better version of Lance Ball), but he is so slow and his vision is absolutely terrible. Obviously Hillman is more explosive and i also think Montee Ball is as well, he doesn't have Hillman's speed, but he is much more explosive than Moreno in and out of cuts. If Denver wants this offense to get even better, those 2 need to be getting the majority of the reps at RB.

I agree with you but I think the transition needs to happen gradually. By mid season if Ball is starting with Hillman behind him and Moreno as the 3rd back, I think our running game will be better for it.
However, for now both Hillman and Ball need to force the issue with the playing time they get while proving they can be trusted with the rock. This will take a bit of time.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:

-There isn't a team out there who can cover our recivers. The only way to beat the Broncos is get to Manning.
-Mitch Unrein is developing into a real good defensive tackle. His play the other night was great. He helped shut down the run and got some pressure when he got the chance to rush. He will make it hard for Sly to get on the field.

-Woody is now the man on defense. Even when Von comes back, Woody is the man. He proved to me he is worth a new contract and the Broncos would be foolish not to give it to him.

-Julius Thomas could very well be the second best pick of the Elway era thus far.

-DRC is our #1 corner going forward. The Ravens wanted nothing to do with him. He should draw the #1 every week. Champ is still good, but would be better utilized as the #2 matchup.

You sound exactly like my son. He mentioned everything you did.

The bolded is about the only thing that bothered him though. He cringed every time PM got hit. He's afraid other teams may adopt the strategy and sell out getting to PM. Lets hope the OL adjusts. 3 sacks and 7 QB hits is pretty tough on a 37 YO guy. Hard to sustain that for a season.
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos played great in this game. No team is ever perfect in week 1 but they looked like they were in pretty good shape.

I was really impressed by the defense of this team especially with Von Miller out but this team held up. The front 7 was great and the LBs were great in coverage. I personally thought letting go of Dumervil was a great move. He was really overpaid and was a liability in the run game. The line looks so much better now in terms of defending the run and winning battle at the line of scrimmage. The broncos DBs were mighty impressive as well. I think Chris Harris and DRC are both better than Bailey currently. I think Bailey has been overrated in the past years and has been living off of his name. They will be great playing together though. I also think the rookie Webster will eventually take Tony Carter's playing time.

I do kind of wonder if the Broncos D was just dominant though or if the Ravens offense was just bad. It could have been a combination of both. The Ravens lost Jacoby Jones out the 1st quarter in a friendly fire and Michael Oher was out with a friendly fire too in the red-zone. We'll know more next week when this team plays the Giants.

I'm hoping Montee Ball will get better in pass pro as the season moves forward. I think he is the best overall runner on the team but he is clearly the worst blocker and least experienced. Ball as a RB has the potential to be an Arian Foster/Alfred Morris type RB. Moreno is only starting because of his pass blocking ability. He is the worst runner and has the least potential in terms of making big plays but he is the safest choice especially in the passing game. Moreno is a no strength/no weakness guy in my opinion at least. The guy doesn't do anything spectacular but he doesn't do anything noticeably bad either. The Broncos need playmakers in the backfield though when the game is out of reach. I recall NFL analysts talking about this before the season started saying Ball will be key in milking the clock and getting 1st downs in the run game which is something they couldn't do last season in the playoffs against the Ravens. Ball and Hillman just need to not mess things up and get sent to the doghouse like they were in the preseason. Hillman in particular keeps losing the job to Moreno whether it's because of ball security or pass blocking.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Winder23 wrote:

You sound exactly like my son. He mentioned everything you did.

The bolded is about the only thing that bothered him though. He cringed every time PM got hit. He's afraid other teams may adopt the strategy and sell out getting to PM. Lets hope the OL adjusts. 3 sacks and 7 QB hits is pretty tough on a 37 YO guy. Hard to sustain that for a season.

That's true, but the Ravens do have a pretty good pass rush, and they were throwing the house at him. Do need to see improvement though, I agree.

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
Broncos played great in this game. No team is ever perfect in week 1 but they looked like they were in pretty good shape.

I was really impressed by the defense of this team especially with Von Miller out but this team held up. The front 7 was great and the LBs were great in coverage. I personally thought letting go of Dumervil was a great move. He was really overpaid and was a liability in the run game. The line looks so much better now in terms of defending the run and winning battle at the line of scrimmage. The broncos DBs were mighty impressive as well. I think Chris Harris and DRC are both better than Bailey currently. I think Bailey has been overrated in the past years and has been living off of his name. They will be great playing together though. I also think the rookie Webster will eventually take Tony Carter's playing time.

I do kind of wonder if the Broncos D was just dominant though or if the Ravens offense was just bad. It could have been a combination of both. The Ravens lost Jacoby Jones out the 1st quarter in a friendly fire and Michael Oher was out with a friendly fire too in the red-zone. We'll know more next week when this team plays the Giants.

I'm hoping Montee Ball will get better in pass pro as the season moves forward. I think he is the best overall runner on the team but he is clearly the worst blocker and least experienced. Ball as a RB has the potential to be an Arian Foster/Alfred Morris type RB. Moreno is only starting because of his pass blocking ability. He is the worst runner and has the least potential in terms of making big plays but he is the safest choice especially in the passing game. Moreno is a no strength/no weakness guy in my opinion at least. The guy doesn't do anything spectacular but he doesn't do anything noticeably bad either. The Broncos need playmakers in the backfield though when the game is out of reach. I recall NFL analysts talking about this before the season started saying Ball will be key in milking the clock and getting 1st downs in the run game which is something they couldn't do last season in the playoffs against the Ravens. Ball and Hillman just need to not mess things up and get sent to the doghouse like they were in the preseason. Hillman in particular keeps losing the job to Moreno whether it's because of ball security or pass blocking.

Welcome to the forum.....I like you already. Although I disagree about Champ and Tony Carter.

No one can give TC love and he just keeps playing well

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good graphics on Peyton Manning's passing vs Ravens:
http://www.4firstnames.com/2013/09/09/fantasy-football-week-1-peytons-pass-attack/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: