Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Revenge Against the Ratbirds BAL@DEN 9/5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Winning Team
Broncos
82%
 82%  [ 33 ]
Ravens
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 40

Author Message
hibdib31


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 1587
Location: NoVA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
By the way, am I the only one who could rewatch and rewatch that move DT made on a bunch of Ravens to turn the corner for a long gain down the left side of the field during the 3rd quarter? The most literal switch into a higher gear I have seen in a long time.


DT looked very explosive there!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000239091/Thomas-makes-a-nifty-move
_________________
Elite...and it's not even close.
Von Miller Sack Dances
1 8 9
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe_is_the_best


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 6920
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
BullsandBroncos wrote:
Bought Full Version of NFL Game Rewind. So. Worth it.


Is there an app?
Yes but on iPad only
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elliot878


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 10760
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
By the way, am I the only one who could rewatch and rewatch that move DT made on a bunch of Ravens to turn the corner for a long gain down the left side of the field during the 3rd quarter? The most literal switch into a higher gear I have seen in a long time.


DT looked very explosive there!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000239091/Thomas-makes-a-nifty-move


I texted my friend on that move and said it was the football equivalent of Allen Iverson's killer crossover. Pretty sure I nailed the cross-sport comparison on that one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2538
Location: Bad Nauheim
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
By the way, am I the only one who could rewatch and rewatch that move DT made on a bunch of Ravens to turn the corner for a long gain down the left side of the field during the 3rd quarter? The most literal switch into a higher gear I have seen in a long time.


DT looked very explosive there!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000239091/Thomas-makes-a-nifty-move


I texted my friend on that move and said it was the football equivalent of Allen Iverson's killer crossover. Pretty sure I nailed the cross-sport comparison on that one.


That comparison is right on! Smile
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roar2014


Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 847
Location: Broncos Country
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made this realization:

The team that best lines up against our receiving threats (WRs, excluding TEs), may be the Broncos themselves. I can't think of any other team that can stick one guy on our receivers and feel somewhat comfortable doing it.

Seattle has two outstanding outside cover guys, but once you get to their slot or 3 CB it drops dramatically. Can't think of any other team beyond them.

DT___Bailey/DRC
Decker___DRC/Bailey
Welker___Harris Jr.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elliot878


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 10760
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
Just made this realization:

The team that best lines up against our receiving threats (WRs, excluding TEs), may be the Broncos themselves. I can't think of any other team that can stick one guy on our receivers and feel somewhat comfortable doing it.

Seattle has two outstanding outside cover guys, but once you get to their slot or 3 CB it drops dramatically. Can't think of any other team beyond them.

DT___Bailey/DRC
Decker___DRC/Bailey
Welker___Harris Jr.


Seattle's got a few guys that can cover TE's too no?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8355
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
roar2014 wrote:
Just made this realization:

The team that best lines up against our receiving threats (WRs, excluding TEs), may be the Broncos themselves. I can't think of any other team that can stick one guy on our receivers and feel somewhat comfortable doing it.

Seattle has two outstanding outside cover guys, but once you get to their slot or 3 CB it drops dramatically. Can't think of any other team beyond them.

DT___Bailey/DRC
Decker___DRC/Bailey
Welker___Harris Jr.


Seattle's got a few guys that can cover TE's too no?

They do you're right.

But when this offense is at its peak, with Welker and Thomas working the middle of the field, no defense will ever have the upper hand. That will all become a moot point if Decker and Thomas cant be effective on the outside or if Peyton cant get them the ball down the field.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roar2014


Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 847
Location: Broncos Country
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
roar2014 wrote:
Just made this realization:

The team that best lines up against our receiving threats (WRs, excluding TEs), may be the Broncos themselves. I can't think of any other team that can stick one guy on our receivers and feel somewhat comfortable doing it.

Seattle has two outstanding outside cover guys, but once you get to their slot or 3 CB it drops dramatically. Can't think of any other team beyond them.

DT___Bailey/DRC
Decker___DRC/Bailey
Welker___Harris Jr.


Seattle's got a few guys that can cover TE's too no?


Yup they have Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas, plus Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright.

I would think they can cover TEs better than the Broncos, simply because we have always struggled against TEs, but that can change as the year goes on.

Here are some pretty interesting statistics regarding our game against the Ravens:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Inside-the-Numbers-Broncos-vs-Ravens/cf1a5f31-578b-4b09-af5a-aefa505ffee8

This really stood out:

Quote:
2:30
The longest Broncos scoring drive lasted just 2:30. The six-play, 80-yard drive culminated in Andre Caldwell’s 28-yard touchdown reception that gave Denver a 21-17 lead in the third quarter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21236
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All 22 is now available for our game Razz

I will have a watch and post my thoughts. Worth creating a new thread for us all to post our thoughts, Elliot? Or should we just keep it in this thread?
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 16992
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
All 22 is now available for our game Razz

I will have a watch and post my thoughts. Worth creating a new thread for us all to post our thoughts, Elliot? Or should we just keep it in this thread?
You had a thread last season I'd say we could have another. I'll post my thoughts later.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5203
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey lomax and 07. When you rewatch, could you take a pretty good look at our OL.

PFM took a pretty good beating and once again our running attack sucked. I'm curious if it looks like scheme/mental errors or just low talent level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21236
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
hey lomax and 07. When you rewatch, could you take a pretty good look at our OL.

PFM took a pretty good beating and once again our running attack sucked. I'm curious if it looks like scheme/mental errors or just low talent level.


Funny you mention that. On 3rd down on our 1st drive, Suggs bullrushed Clady right into Manning. Will watch the rest next week.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 16992
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
hey lomax and 07. When you rewatch, could you take a pretty good look at our OL.

PFM took a pretty good beating and once again our running attack sucked. I'm curious if it looks like scheme/mental errors or just low talent level.
I know there was one play that Ngata tossed Beadles like an abused Raggedy-Ann doll.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5203
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Kinda hard to find a negative after that beatdown but I think it's there. Too many outings like that and PFM will start hearing footsteps in his sleep. At 37, it takes a while for the swelling to go down. Not good with the Giants next up.

Seems like they can always get after the QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
germ-x


Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 7871
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am finally at a computer to post. I was able to watch the game, but not able to use a computer.

Anyway, i really liked the speed of Denver's LB's. As i posted during the preseason, Denver's lack of speed (especially at MLB) was a concern of mine in the preseason. With both Woodyard and Trevathan on the field Denver has players that can move very well for the position. There were some struggles here and there from the pair taking on blocks (i remember Woodyard getting owned on one occasion in the 1st quarter), but if Denver's DT's protect them as well they did against Baltimore both Woodyard and Trevathan will have very good years.

I also thought Duke Ihenacho played well. He was so/so in coverage, but i really like his instincts and recognition on ball carriers and he closes in a hurry.

Offensively i thought Denver looked excellent. Obviously passing the football they dominated once they got going, but i thought Denver's running game wasn't too bad either. I will say that i feel they need to get Knowshon Moreno off the field in favor of Hillman and Ball. Don't get me wrong, i think Knowshon is a safe player (basically i see him as a better version of Lance Ball), but he is so slow and his vision is absolutely terrible. Obviously Hillman is more explosive and i also think Montee Ball is as well, he doesn't have Hillman's speed, but he is much more explosive than Moreno in and out of cuts. If Denver wants this offense to get even better, those 2 need to be getting the majority of the reps at RB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group