Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Revenge Against the Ratbirds BAL@DEN 9/5
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Winning Team
Broncos
82%
 82%  [ 33 ]
Ravens
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 40

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Week 1: Revenge Against the Ratbirds BAL@DEN 9/5 Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens @ Denver Broncos 9.5.2013 6:15 MTN

TEAM OFFENSE PER GAME AVERAGE

Total Yards
BAL 353
DEN 398
Yards Passing
BAL 234
DEN 283
Yards Rushing
BAL 119
DEN 115

TEAM DEFENSE PER GAME AVERAGE

Yards Allowed
BAL 351
DEN 291
Pass Yds Allowed
BAL 228
DEN 200
Rush Yds Allowed
BAL 123
DEN 91

Keys to Victory

1. Play with emotion, but play under control. It will be an emotional game for both teams and fans alike, especially being the first game whoever can make less mental mistakes will win.

2. Find a way to pressure Flacco. Flacco is a mediocre QB when his deep routes cannot develop. Whether we can rush the passer without blitzing everyone minus Von remains to be seen.

3. Offensive consistency. This is ultimately what cost of the Divisional game, could not run the ball when we needed to and didn't turn drives into points.

4. Coaching. Fox was outcoached in the playoffs does he play conservative again? Does Harbaugh believe he will have 3 35+ yard TDs through the air and try to attack us deep?

5. Weather the storm. 6 games without Von hurts but is not a death blow to the team, I believe the defense is still a top 15 unit without him but we have to get to week 7 at least 3-3.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just over 7 days away it's about time we could talk about real football. After final cuts I will post each teams 53 man roster.

Haven't been this pumped for a season in awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling either we kill them or they kill us. I'm gonna say 31-10 but I'm not sure who to.
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I have a feeling either we kill them or they kill us. I'm gonna say 31-10 but I'm not sure who to.

I believe its Denver blowing them out or another close game. Im hoping that Denver crushes them, put up 40+. Send a message
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This needs to be a statement game. It will probably be another nail biter though.

I really think people are sleeping on Baltimore, especially that D. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were just names last year. Fresh blood might do them well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think a win would be sweet, I would hardly consider the first regular season game grounds for "revenge" against a playoff loss against any team.
That being said, I would be the first to say that, IMHO, WE have more question marks going into the season than the Ravens do.
I don't care by how little, or how much, we win the game by. As long as we do.
After that, I hope we get some guys healthy, and in the mean time, continue to see improvement from all the young guys on the roster.
It's a long season...Lets build some steam for when it counts...to hell with our record, as long as its good enough to make the post season, and have a chance to do something special!!!
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens have plenty of question marks on offense alone. How is Flacco going to perform when he's not in a contract year? Who is going to catch the ball other than Torrey Smith? Who is going to rush the passer other than Suggs? How will Webb play coming off season ending injury?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be going. My expectations are untempered - if the Broncos lose to this crap team and their crap QB after last year's playoff farce my heart will shatter into millions of pieces.
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Elvis gets a sack I will seriously cry. Broncos 30-24.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect the Ravens to play smash mouth Offense with shot plays sprinkled in off Play Action. We are lacking pass rush, no doubt. But if we can force 3rd and long we will have a chance in this game.

MUFC OK
RazorStar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're gonna get smoked like a fresh ham.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could definitely win this game if we don't commit turnovers. Despite what the Ravens fans on this site think, Denver's offense is going to be difficult to stop.

I recognize that losing Reed/Lewis wasn't the worst from an on-field standpoint, but they also lost Bernard Pollard, Cary Williams, and Dannell Ellerbe defensively, and guys like Leach, Anquan Boldin, and they have TE issues as well.

They've added some pass rush with Dumervil, and our line is going to need to keep Peyton clean, but I think they will have more issues offensively than Ravens fans care to admit. If DRC can limit Torrey, because realistically, I think that's the matchup, then they will have trouble getting the ball down the field through the air.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A key matchup for me is Demaryius Thomas vs. Lardarius Webb. Before going down with an injury, I felt Webb was the 2nd best CB in the NFL. If hes healthy, it should be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the presence of Reed and Pollard, Manning should feast on intermediate to deep middle all day with Welker leading the charge and a combination of Dreessen, JT and Tamme as well. If Denver can establish the least bit of a running game vs their - in comparison to last year improved - front seven, we should be good to go offensively.

Our D worries me as the whole front seven group is a question mark to me. The mix and match at LB with the loss of Von does not bode well against an OL which manhandled us in the playoffs. In theory, the Broncos' secondary should be be fine. However, the certainly won't be if we cannot generate pressure.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope DRC can keep up with Torrey Smith. There is no Anquan Boldin, and for the life of me I am still trying to figure out why you trade that guy, so I think even without a pass rush, the Broncos should be able to cover their wideouts/TEs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: