Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Pre-Season Game 49ers vs Chargers: Knuckle Punt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What are you looking forward to?
Andy Lee's Knuckle Punt
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Patrick Omameh
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

fishsticks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
fishsticks wrote:
PrinceDemoz wrote:
When will they announce the final cuts?

I'm really hoping Hawkins makes the team, the guy is a playmaker even during his CAL days.
Im really hoping he makes it too. dont think he will though. too much talent on the roster i think.

Unless we cut Baldwin (which I'm highly doubtful we would), I don't see where he could fit. Assuming we do keep only 5 WRs to start the year, we'll eventually find our way up to 7 when Manningham and Crabtree return. Hawkins would be the 8th guy in this scenario.

There are going to be some crazy decisions for Saturday, for sure, but the even worse ones are going to occur sometime between October/November, when we have to make room for Crabs and Ham, as well as Tank and Dial.
I agree, with all the talent at wr though, where is manninghams place on the roster? When he comes back is he still the third or 4th option? Same question with Kyle Williams. As much as I like Williams. I see a lot of these guys after Bolden and Crabs as interchangeable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of good things tonight. All 3 phases did well. We have a very deep team, maybe the deepest in the league. Individually, Patton, Hawkins, Johnson, Daniels, and McDermott all made statements. Were going to have to make a couple of tough cuts now and some even tougher ones when we get crabs, Manningham, carradine, and dial back.

I'll list my two main disappointments (of guys who will make the 53 man- so 2nd team OL don't really count). And that's Baldwin and James. Although James was running behind the aforementioned OL. It seems like he falls down on the slightest contact and his punt returning has been a bit of a bust. Seems like more of an overall weapon than pure running back, which is fine by me if he produces. And Baldwin had a couple of easy drops, including a TD. He's showing why KC let him go.

Just an observation.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
iscariotradio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Anthony Davis block on the Patton touchdown... my word. Shocked

Forge wrote:
Patrick Willis has a slight fracture in his hand, but he won't miss any time, and Willis with a club is even scarier than normal Willis.
chamilitary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkins' td #1 on sportscenter Applause
Ataal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna say it....

I'm loving Hawkins. Yeah, he did some dumb things last week, but he's a playmaker. And, it looked like he corrected the behavior this week. He had his hands up as if to say, "See, I'm being good." Reminded me a lot of when Aldon Smith got a sack, ran over to the bench, and sat down. This guy looks like he could be a YAC machine. That's something we're missing with Crabtree hurt. We've got a lot of guys that can separate and catch, but are down at first contact.

As much as I've heard about Dahl in a negative light, he really impressed me this game. He was all over the ball at all times making huge stops. He really wants to make this team and it shows.

Cam Johnson. What can I say? He balled tonight.

I'm pretty high on Chuck Jacobs, but we're running out of room at that position, and fast. Who would've thought we'd have a tough time picking our receivers? He's obviously Bj's go-to guy. Most likely chemistry built during training camp/practice.

Still on the fence with Baldwin. It's hard not to have such low standards because of our history with receivers, especially the guy we traded for Baldwin. I like Baldwin's size, though. Yeah, he dropped a couple tonight, but one of them was an inaccurate pass. Still catchable, but he was moving away from the ball and it was to the left and behind him. Larry Fitzgerald comes away with that ball 8 times out of 10, but that's some pretty high standards.

Can't think of a whole lot of negatives to say. I'll have to rewatch it tomorrow. Loving our depth, something we've sorely been missing in recent years.

Edit: P.S. The announcer dropping the C-bomb was almost as entertaining as Hawkins' touchdown. Laughing

Last edited by Ataal on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
BangBang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did the announcer say?
AT49ers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:

hahaha lets just say your mother would wash your mouth out rather thoroughly if she heard you say that..

props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
BangBang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT49ers wrote:
BangBang wrote:

hahaha lets just say your mother would wash your mouth out rather thoroughly if she heard you say that..

Better or worse than this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bff_09uGi70
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I've said several times after watching Patton's college highlights is that he has these subtle little moves in the open field that make guys miss. He showed that off nicely last night. I expect to see more of that from him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:

I think he was trying to say Kents name, but it sounded like it started with a c and had a different vowel

Thanks y2 for the sig - and it has nothing to do with the trash who wore number 32 (I had to look it up, he will stay unnamed).
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burlow wrote:
BangBang wrote:

I think he was trying to say Kents name, but it sounded like it started with a c and had a different vowel

Burlow!!!! Good to see you back my man.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That catch by Jacobs was the kind of catch we've seen far too few of in recent years. Let's this year's crop of receivers can make those kind of catches on a routine basis.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewel Hampton is slow, lacks quickness & burst and has below average vision... HOWEVER, when he does turn his shoulders upfield and gets a little steam he's a hard guy to tackle. He won't make the roster, obviously, but it's something I've noticed watching him throughout the preseason.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed bag, it seems, for Jewel. On that one run early on, he hit the hole and got upfield quicker than I expected.

I am only up to the early/mid 2nd quarter, but just want to say.. how bout Patton, Lemonier, and Cam Johnson? looking really good so far!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was very impressed just now on that 14 yard Hampton run just before halftime...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: