Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster Reply with quote

What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

...you have a forum resume?
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say:

1. Pass rushing stand up LBs. I think our DLine has made the conversion to 3-4 just fine and between Jordan, Hicks, and Foster, there will bne a decent interior rush. But we are lacking the outside rushers. We haven't seen Gallette and Wilson all preseason and our depth has has two key injuries.

2. Offensive Tackles, Charles Brown is unproven, Zach Streif is as mediocre as they come, and Terron Armstead is pretty raw. We benefit from Brees and his pocket awareness and the way he steps up into the pocket making Guards more valuable than Tackles, but we watched out last LT get beaten like a drum for far too long to not be able to honestly say this is not a position of need.

3. Centerfielder type safety, not since Sharper in 2009 have we had someone we could leave alone in the backfield and expect to be able to make plays on his own. We might have a gem in the future with Vacarro, but we haven't seen what he can do in a real game yet. But the potential is there. Harper is good in the box, but asking him to cover is asking for trouble. I want to love Jenkins, he has heart, but he has continually regressed over the years. We need more help over the top.

My 2 cents.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSF nailed this pretty much...Nothing I can really even think to add to that.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: