Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster Reply with quote

What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14063
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE
And Brent Grimes. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4081
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE
And Brent Grimes. Crying or Very sad



Our corners will be fine. Adam hit it right on the money.
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1785
Location: GA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE
And Brent Grimes. Crying or Very sad



Our corners will be fine. Adam hit it right on the money.


Agreed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2576
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE


No questions about this.
_________________


Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 31-43 72.1% 448 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 9746
Location: europe
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE
While we're naming more than three, I'd include linebacker.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShockdAtFalcons


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 899
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've already got a lot invested in our young corners and DEs so I'll say (in order)

RG
RT
DT
_________________
formerly MadAtFalcons

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE
And Brent Grimes. Crying or Very sad



Our corners will be fine. Adam hit it right on the money.
They'll be fine? Based off of what? Besides, even if they do get better, you can only cover for so long. Brees will pick our 2 rookies apart in a couple of weeks if we cant get pressure on him. And from what Ive seen, we still cant. And Samuel just isn't that good anymore imo. He'll make a few splash plays every now and then, but that's about it. Hope Im wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wolffe_01


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not really got to see much of the preseason due to work demands. I am at Ft. Bragg NC so needless to say you can get a pretty good idea as to how my day goes. All I really get a chance to do is read things on here and from the AJC. Is the right side of our line as horrible as I am hearing it is and if so will Matt Ryan make it through the year healthy??? I do like Van Noy OLB from BYU a lot I know a coverage linebacker Nicholas killed us last year in the playoffs. Do we look to strengthen that area of our team or will we go DE/DL or OL next year??? Opinions would be greatly aprreciated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RIZE FALCONS


Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 254
Location: Greenville sc
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE


No questions about this.


definitely agree with adam but what about Linebacker To, make it a close 4th. DT is our biggest problem
_________________
2013 Foster A Falcon
Julio Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1785
Location: GA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE


No questions about this.


definitely agree with adam but what about Linebacker To, make it a close 4th. DT is our biggest problem


You can make an argument that RG/RT are the bigger problem, even more so than DT (and DT is a HUGE need). The reason behind this is, you can have all the skill position players in the world, but without a solid offensive line, it's all for naught. Right now our OL is arguably the worst group we've had since Ryan/Smitty/TD got here. We lost the nastiness when Harvey Dahl left and we haven't been the same since.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6025
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE


No questions about this.


definitely agree with adam but what about Linebacker To, make it a close 4th. DT is our biggest problem


You can make an argument that RG/RT are the bigger problem, even more so than DT (and DT is a HUGE need). The reason behind this is, you can have all the skill position players in the world, but without a solid offensive line, it's all for naught. Right now our OL is arguably the worst group we've had since Ryan/Smitty/TD got here. We lost the nastiness when Harvey Dahl left and we haven't been the same since.


I really dont understand this. How is DT a huge need? We have two well above average starters and a solid depth guy in Jerry. Please elaborate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1785
Location: GA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE


No questions about this.


definitely agree with adam but what about Linebacker To, make it a close 4th. DT is our biggest problem


You can make an argument that RG/RT are the bigger problem, even more so than DT (and DT is a HUGE need). The reason behind this is, you can have all the skill position players in the world, but without a solid offensive line, it's all for naught. Right now our OL is arguably the worst group we've had since Ryan/Smitty/TD got here. We lost the nastiness when Harvey Dahl left and we haven't been the same since.


I really dont understand this. How is DT a huge need? We have two well above average starters and a solid depth guy in Jerry. Please elaborate.


Jerry is gone next year. Book on that. IF* Peters can return to 2011 form then he is above average. If not, then he is average at best. Babs will be 32 this season. He won't be able to play at a high level forever.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6025
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

RG and RT
DT
DE


No questions about this.


definitely agree with adam but what about Linebacker To, make it a close 4th. DT is our biggest problem


You can make an argument that RG/RT are the bigger problem, even more so than DT (and DT is a HUGE need). The reason behind this is, you can have all the skill position players in the world, but without a solid offensive line, it's all for naught. Right now our OL is arguably the worst group we've had since Ryan/Smitty/TD got here. We lost the nastiness when Harvey Dahl left and we haven't been the same since.


I really dont understand this. How is DT a huge need? We have two well above average starters and a solid depth guy in Jerry. Please elaborate.


Jerry is gone next year. Book on that. IF* Peters can return to 2011 form then he is above average. If not, then he is average at best. Babs will be 32 this season. He won't be able to play at a high level forever.


Jerry possibly being gone next year doesnt mean anything for this year, which was the question asked. Peters never lost his form, he was hurt and didnt play much. Babs was still pretty damn good last year and 32 isnt that old for a DT. Not expecting much of a dropoff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group